world cup of losers - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

world cup of losers

dan cake

We were the 7th best of the losers who didn't qualify, and that's just in Europe. The USA would have to be there as hosts. They would need one or two from each of the other federations. So , it would need to be a tournament of at least 16 teams for us to even have a chance of qualifying. We are not even good enough to qualify for the losers competition.:lol:

We might sneak in the back door if some teams don't want to take part right enough.

19 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Italy, Netherlands, Chile, Scotland, Greece, Turkey, USA , Rep of Ireland, Ghana, N Ireland, Slovakia, Wales,Hungary, Paraguay, Ukraine, Montenegro

Same format as Copa Centenario

I could see us finishing pretty low amongst those teams to be honest! Still games are games... 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Because it's meant to be about the football. Too many folk care more about having a party. 

Ah, right.

I'll bear that in mind next timeI'm arranging a trip to see Scotland play.

That it's all about the football.

When I'm arranging a trip to see Scotland play football.

22 minutes ago, Flure said:

Ah, right.

I'll bear that in mind next timeI'm arranging a trip to see Scotland play.

That it's all about the football.

When I'm arranging a trip to see Scotland play football.

Do you disagree that many people that travel care more about having a party than Scotland winning? 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Do you disagree that many people that travel care more about having a party than Scotland winning? 

It is possible to do both. Most supporters have a wee bit of control over whether they enjoy themselves or not. But actually having any effect on whether the team wins or not, is usually a fair bit outside their sphere of influence. 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I neither agree nor disagree. I don't know what would constitute caring more.

And if they did - so what?

We all support our own National team in our own wee ways.

Some by cheering them to the rafters. Some by booing them.

Some by (figuratively) slitting their wrists after a defeat. Some by accepting it's only a game and going on to have a good time anyway.

Each to their own.

I don't think it's that important.

2 minutes ago, Flure said:

I neither agree nor disagree. I don't know what would constitute caring more.

And if they did - so what?

We all support our own National team in our own wee ways.

Some by cheering them to the rafters. Some by booing them.

Some by (figuratively) slitting their wrists after a defeat. Some by accepting it's only a game and going on to have a good time anyway.

Each to their own.

I don't think it's that important.

Didn’t you call people stupid or something (going from memory, so may be wrong) for booing Ryan Jack? 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Didn’t you call people stupid or something (going from memory, so may be wrong) for booing Ryan Jack? 

"Unacceptable" I think I said.

But I've acknowledged that some people do that.

Ain't gonna ruin my jolly.

32 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

It's no more daft than having a Champions League full of teams who aren't champions.

It is a bit daft really. It’s the World Cup or nothing for me. Anything else would just be a friendly tournament that I wouldn’t really care about (other than which players were picked and how they performed - much like any friendly).

I was only giving alternatives to the World Crap comment for a laugh though. 

3 minutes ago, Flure said:

It would certainly be a poor man's feast. But if Scotland were playing in it I'd probably go to support them.

I wouldn’t pay a small fortune to go to the USA for a friendly tournament but fair play to anyone who would.

If it was in the Netherlands or Ireland or something I would be tempted but I still doubt I’d go. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

I wouldn’t pay a small fortune to go to the USA for a friendly tournament but fair play to anyone who would.

If it was in the Netherlands or Ireland or something I would be tempted but I still doubt I’d go. 

:ok:

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It could be a great party.

:spin:

1 hour ago, Flure said:

"Unacceptable" I think I said.

But I've acknowledged that some people do that.

Ain't gonna ruin my jolly.

Cool. So not “each to their own” if it’s “unacceptable” then. 

46 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Do you not have fun at the football? Bizarre argument to go with tbh.

I do. I’m there to go to the game though, not go on a stag doo with my mates, like half the folk that go are. 

There was even a thread on here after Slovenia entitled “Great Trip”. Wtf?!? We go pumped out when it was within grasp and these folk had a “great trip”. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

It is a bit daft really. It’s the World Cup or nothing for me. Anything else would just be a friendly tournament that I wouldn’t really care about (other than which players were picked and how they performed - much like any friendly).

I was only giving alternatives to the World Crap comment for a laugh though. 

What if it became a Europa Cup sort of thing...

the good teams compete to  win the World Cup

The Shitier teams compete to win the ?????? Cup....

A wee bit like Champs League and Europa.....