The Alex Salmond Show - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Alex Salmond Show

the one dimensional identity politics narrative on display from the first guest, the Baroness is staggering from a person totally dripping with privilege being a member of the unelected Lords. what about attracting the best candidates irrespective of gender, age, race, faith or any other criteria and let democracy and the voters decide who will represent them best. 

better still why not let peers face an election of their own, after all its high time we reformed the institutions you say Baroness..... hello, are you still there, hello.....

I see that John Bercow has reneged  

The Yoons are all falling into line 

It's actually remarkable how one man can have them all scurrying about like the cvnts they are 

Just now, Toepoke said:

I wonder how many of the commentators condemning this show have boycotted watching it?...

every single one you'd assume will prob watch it, but they might drop it depending on how quality holds up in forthcoming weeks

Edited by jockodile
stuffed up

i really hope a lot of Eck's friends come out the woodwork & offer themselves up for interview when they see Yoons like Bercow falling into line 

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Enjoyed the interview with Sir Jackie. Great wee guy...

I heard an Interview a few weeks back and  he was asked about Lewis Hamilton being the 'Greatest'  and all that. Jackie very kind;y stated he is no such thing, in fact he is no where near the Greatest.. a very polite and kindly put down....Brilliant.

4 hours ago, stocky said:

I heard an Interview a few weeks back and  he was asked about Lewis Hamilton being the 'Greatest'  and all that. Jackie very kind;y stated he is no such thing, in fact he is no where near the Greatest.. a very polite and kindly put down....Brilliant.

Talking about drivers from the UK, Hamilton's won more titles, but then again Jackie Stewart retired before he got killed. The work he subsequently put in has enabled drivers like Lewis to have long and relatively safe careers.

Then there are the true global greats like Senna, Clark, Fangio etc...

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Talking about drivers from the UK, Hamilton's won more titles, but then again Jackie Stewart retired before he got killed. The work he subsequently put in has enabled drivers like Lewis to have long and relatively safe careers.

Then there are the true global greats like Senna, Clark, Fangio etc...

Aye, thats what Jackie was saying...   politely, in other words Lewis aint that good.......  the Interviewer wasnae chuffed.....

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Aye, thats what Jackie was saying...   politely, in other words Lewis aint that good.......  the Interviewer wasnae chuffed.....

In a sport driven by technology, how is it possible to make comparisons? Graham Hill's the only winner of the Triple Crown (a title Alonso seems to be sniffing about for), but few would say he was the best of all time.

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

In a sport driven by technology, how is it possible to make comparisons? Graham Hill's the only winner of the Triple Crown (a title Alonso seems to be sniffing about for), but few would say he was the best of all time.

That's true it's hard enough comparing athletes from different generations without throwing technology into the mix...

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Tom Devine has finally lost it.  My old Professor. A legend. He'd probably be jailed in Putins Russia.

Really

Thats all you took from it ?

Nothing about your beloved Westminster shitting on Scotland (again) in order to get to Libya's oil ?

So you're judging Salmond and Tom Devine based on a show you haven't watched?  Maybe you should watch it.  I watched the first episode and frankly the content puts the BBC and STV to shame.  But maybe that's what you're afraid of...

10 minutes ago, Alan said:

A neutral tv review from a reasoned and unbiased commentator.

BBC is a propoganda channel for a regime that is anti-democratic and kills opponents.  

Its crazy this has to be pointed out. 

Fixed it for ya....

1 hour ago, Alan said:

I don't watch RT. It's propoganda of the Kremlin. Pro Putin. Anti democratic. An untrustworthy and dangerous mouth piece for dictators. A view shared by many SNP politicians.

35 minutes ago, Alan said:

A neutral tv review from a reasoned and unbiased commentator.

RT is a propoganda channel for a regime that is anti-democratic and kills opponents.  

Its crazy this has to be pointed out. 

RT has absolutely nothing to do with the editorial content of The Alex Salmond Show 

It bought the rights to broadcast it 

I dont watch RT but i watch the AS show 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

I don't watch RT. It's propoganda of the Kremlin. Pro Putin. Anti democratic. An untrustworthy and dangerous mouth piece for dictators. A view shared by many SNP politicians.

Would you watch the Salmond program if it was on the BBC?

I see that the Herald who were so keen to lambast Salmond for appearing on Russia Today and deriding that as Russian state propaganda are quite happy to report on what's on the program.   They've had articles on all three episodes so far.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

I see that the Herald who were so keen to lambast Salmond for appearing on Russia Today and deriding that as Russian state propaganda are quite happy to report on what's on the program.   They've had articles on all three episodes so far.

Aye, but they will have filtered out all the Putin propaganda stuff.;)