Approach for O'Neill made - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Approach for O'Neill made

robbo cop

35 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Not if the contact came from O'Neill's side. What I was saying was that maybe, O'Neill was interested in the job and had let it be known to the SFA. Obviously I'm just speculating but you don't know what happens behind the scenes.

Anything is possible I suppose but I can’t see O’Neill or his agents contacting the SFA a day or 2 after NI lost their playoff. Surely he would want to take some time to consider his future?

1 hour ago, Langtonian said:

You come across as a right condescending character

You questioned someone earlier when they had the audacity to suggest Klinsman.Bayern Munich quarter finals of Champs league if your basing merits of being scotland manager on club football

O Neil win ratio something like 35 %

We,ve just ditched a manager with a much better win ratio

Took Bayern to a Champions League quarter final? Just about every manager they've had has done that, big deal. Michael O'Neill just took N Ireland to their first finals in 30 years, I'd say thats a bigger achievement.

Edited by stevenmcn

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Anything is possible I suppose but I can’t see O’Neill or his agents contacting the SFA a day or 2 after NI lost their playoff. Surely he would want to take some time to consider his future?

Don't really disagree mate, but at the end of the day we can speculate all we want and give our opinion but we don't know anything. The SFA are definitely incompetent in most areas, but I don't remember them approaching someone for manager and being rejected.

2 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Why is there two threads on Michael o Neil and a 3rd one discussing new managers, where are the forum moderators?

Thank you. Finally someone else pipes in. I mentioned it in the first reply to this thread.  "Aye but an approach has now been made" or some sh*t I was then told.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Chris Coleman going to Sunderland apparently.

Bang average manager who has benefited from having Gareth Bale. Huge error of judgement by joining Sunderland. Didn't he learn from Moyes and Grayson. Should have left Wales and picked up a PL job when clubs start to panic over the next few weeks. 

21 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

Bang average manager who has benefited from having Gareth Bale. Huge error of judgement by joining Sunderland. Didn't he learn from Moyes and Grayson. Should have left Wales and picked up a PL job when clubs start to panic over the next few weeks. 

Agreed.

Doubt Paul Clement will last much longer at Swansea and Pulis could well be sacked by WBA soon so there's two decent premier league jobs right there.

11 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Agreed.

Doubt Paul Clement will last much longer at Swansea and Pulis could well be sacked by WBA soon so there's two decent premier league jobs right there.

Well even more so Abramovich is reportedly on the brink of sacking Conte. I would say that at least a third of Premier League club managers cannot feel comfortable at the moment.

On 16/11/2017 at 4:23 PM, stevenmcn said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they had made an arse of it, but as I said in an earlier post, maybe there's been previous contact with O'Neill and he's pretty much a sure thing, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Given the fact that O'Neill is now talking to the SFA I'd say some contact had to have been made prior to the announcement that they wanted to talk to him. Even the SFA would not have declared their interest in him unless they had got clues that O'Neill was interested and wanted to talk.

1 hour ago, Doric said:

Hope I am wrong. I fear things could go pear shaped.

Things could well stay bad (they are already pear shaped in terms of qualification) or even get worse. 

That wouldn’t mean Strachan was a success. 

Finishing 4th and 3rd in two groups of six is nothing but a failure for us regardless of how bad we get in future. Especially since we should really have had 3rd and 2nd quite easily in my opinion.