Scottish Labour - Page 2 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Labour

aaid

33 minutes ago, aaid said:

I doubt she'd cross the floor and join the SNP but stranger things have happened.   I've always thought she was equivocal on Indy, I doubt that its what gets her out of bed in the morning but I suspect she was at best a soft-No.   Given the way things have gone post 2014, I wouldn't be surprised if she'd changed her mind - assuming that in the secrecy of the polling booth she didn't actually vote Yes.    I also think she's a lot friendlier with Nicola Sturgeon than either lets on.

I actually think she's a pretty genuine politician. When she came across as ridiculous or overly partisan, she did so because the role and position of Scottish Leader demanded her to be. It was difficult to reconcile her persona as Scottish Labour leader, the passionate and principled campaigner and the partner of the SNP MSP. Of them all, the least authentic was her as leader of Scottish Labour and having to fight Blair McDougall or Alan Roden's fight. And I think having been in that position, she's seen the absolute worst of what motivates the people with power in Scottish Labour. And being in a relationship with Jenny Gilruth and despite disagreeing on some high level constitutional politics, she must have questioned what she's doing in Scottish Labour. 

I'm not overly bothered if she comes round to supporting independence, but I think she'd be a breath of fresh air, and make a much greater difference as a minister in Nicola Sturgeon's government. You can't see how she's going to ever get same influence on Scottish politics trying to sort Scottish Labour out.

I think she's realised this and chosen not to waste the best days of her life. While I disagree with her going on I'm a Celebrity, I can't really blame her. 

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think you’ve misunderstood the point, are you not familiar with the show?

I am and I didn't misunderstand the point which was that as a Lesbian, Kezia Dugdale will not be used to having male genitalia in her mouth.

15 minutes ago, aaid said:

I am and I didn't misunderstand the point which was that as a Lesbian, Kezia Dugdale will not be used to having male genitalia in her mouth.

Aye, you could take it that way.

I took it as a dig about politicians talking bollocks, the joke would work regardless of her sexuality, and it’s not particularly derogatory regardless.

Edited by sbcmfc

29 minutes ago, aaid said:

This. 

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

it’s not particularly derogatory regardless.

It's not particularly derogatory to use someone's sexuality in order to have a go at them? 

On 18/11/2017 at 11:22 AM, weekevie04 said:

Honestly think Kezia will leave Labour/politics at the next election and probably be a Yes if there's another referendum in the near future. Her tone, articles, Twitter and appearance on QT have been quite refreshing if he being honest and not as much SNPbad , but more fuck the Tories.

Nah, she is an utter and absolute cnt, even Ruth Davidson is less of a cnt than her. Probably the worst leader that Labour have had, and by god that says a lot.

I quite like Dugdale. Away from politics she seems a thoroughly decent woman. Can see this shine through when she's talking on issues where parties are less staunch in their stances. 

Good luck to her. 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not particularly derogatory to use someone's sexuality in order to have a go at them? 

As I said, I think you can remove her sexuality from the equation and the joke still stands up and could be used for any politician entering the jungle, in fact I presumed it had been recycled.

I don’t see it as particularly derogatory or offensive, perhaps others do.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I quite like Dugdale. Away from politics she seems a thoroughly decent woman. Can see this shine through when she's talking on issues where parties are less staunch in their stances. 

Good luck to her. 

I’ve always thought she cane across as very petty politically, trying to score cheap points, and my immediate thought on her I’m a celebrity appearance was that she’d have been all over someone for doing what she’s doing..

51 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Good luck to her. 

If you’re starting to feel bad for Kez, remind yourself she hired a vicious homophobe and all-round superprick like Alan Roden to publicly attack and smear people for her. Then get on with your day.

40 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If you’re starting to feel bad for Kez, remind yourself she hired a vicious homophobe and all-round superprick like Alan Roden to publicly attack and smear people for her. Then get on with your day.

Is that meant to illicit debate? 

7 hours ago, aaid said:

Why do you feel the need to bring her sexuality into it?

I felt no such need.

It was purely a joke in reference to the kind of things they have to eat on the show, hence bollocks entering her mouth instead of leaving it.  Perhaps not a very funny joke, that’s down to subjectivity, but one which could apply to a vast array of politicians should they decide to go on the show.

In fact the entirely irrelevant and wholly private matter of her sexuality didn’t not once enter my mind until I read your post.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I felt no such need.

It was purely a joke in reference to the kind of things they have to eat on the show, hence bollocks entering her mouth instead of leaving it.  Perhaps not a very funny joke, that’s down to subjectivity, but one which could apply to a vast array of politicians should they decide to go on the show.

In fact the entirely irrelevant and wholly private matter of her sexuality didn’t not once enter my mind until I read your post.

There's a lot of princesses desperate to be offended these days, I find.

2 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I felt no such need.

If that were the case then I would have thought you would have said something like "it'll be a change for her to be eating rather than talking bollocks".   I can't think of why you would use "bollocks entering her mouth" without intending it as a reference to fellatio. 

Just to add my tuppence on the joke. Bollock-munching on I'm a Celebrity is the one aspect of the show that everyone is familiar with and, I assume, compulsory, whereas its role in a healthy heterosexual relationship is a rather more outré activity. TBH, if you think it's related to fellatio then someone's doing something wrong. 

11 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I felt no such need.

I read it purely as a simple play on the word bollocks. Nothing more. 👍

Anyhoo, enough about Kez, am I the only person on the planet wondering why more has not been made about BJ’s ( Boris Johnson for the avoidance of doubt) dad being in it ?

Or has there and I am not aware of it?  I havent watched the show for a few years now. I cannot believe the father of a current cabinet minister  is in something like this. Or am I being too easily offended ? ....😗

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I read it purely as a simple play on the word bollocks. Nothing more. 👍

Anyhoo, enough about Kez, am I the only person on the planet wondering why more has not been made about BJ’s ( Boris Johnson for the avoidance of doubt) dad being in it ?

Or has there and I am not aware of it?  I havent watched the show for a few years now. I cannot believe the father of a current cabinet minister  is in something like this. Or am I being too easily offended ? ....😗

Stanley Johnson is actually coming across relatively well so far from what I’ve seen.

9 hours ago, aaid said:

If that were the case then I would have thought you would have said something like "it'll be a change for her to be eating rather than talking bollocks".   I can't think of why you would use "bollocks entering her mouth" without intending it as a reference to fellatio. 

I think you might be over reacting to this one just a wee bit, sir.