Michael O Neill - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michael O Neill

Doric

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Anyone worried about the soundbytes coming from Michael O'Neill in the press today. Perhaps it is mere media tripe but if there is any truth to it then either the SFA are being incompetent or O'Neill is not telling the truth.

what's he supposed to be saying?

32 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Anyone worried about the soundbytes coming from Michael O'Neill in the press today. Perhaps it is mere media tripe but if there is any truth to it then either the SFA are being incompetent or O'Neill is not telling the truth.

I know which scenario seems more likely . . 

"I hope to get the team to another European Championship - it's not a job I'm going to leave easily," he said.

"There's been a lot of speculation but I've still two years left on my contract.

"People are always assuming that I'm going to make a decision to leave the position but I've never said that.

"I know the Scottish FA has indicated they would like to speak with me but there's been nothing more than that."

So the SFA have indicated .....why I am not surprised

And so we are heading to the situation I forecast a month or so ago. We are left with the SFA with huge egg on their face and taking a manager who clearly wasn't their first choice and left hoping that real quality candidates aren't put off by being made to feel like second choices.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Maybe the original media reports about the SFA approaching the IFA were a load of nonsense in the first place. 

Did anyone involved ever confirm that they were true?

No I would say there was truth in the reports as the IFA clearly stated they had given O Neill permission to speak to Scotland. Therefore an official approach would have had to have been made by the SFA. I mean the IFA would have absolute zero to gain from unsettling their manager - a manager they want to keep by making things up like an SFA approach.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Are the Rangers Board also taking part in the appointment of the next Scotland Manager? Both searches going stunningly well....3 more months and maybe 5th choice managers might get the jobs....

So

He has permission to speak to the SFA but hasnt

Speaks volumes

He could do everyone a favour and say that he has zero intention of working under that band of frauds

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

So

He has permission to speak to the SFA but hasnt

Speaks volumes

He could do everyone a favour and say that he has zero intention of working under that band of frauds

It was in the papers, it must be true.  The papers don't make things up sure they don't. 

30 minutes ago, aaid said:

It was in the papers, it must be true.  The papers don't make things up sure they don't. 

Eh ?

It was from his own lips

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42368360

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

Show me anyone from the SFA or the IFA confirming on the record that we've had permission to speak to him.

Has Wings taught you nothing?

If you know something then put up or stop sniping !  

01:14

"Certainly the SFA have indicated they would like to speak to me"

This confirms what was reported last month is true - which was that Regan had contacted Patrick Nelson

No denials and no rebuttals

Also true is Nelson informed Regan, and everyone else, that it will cost them £500,000

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If you know something then put up or stop sniping !  

01:14

"Certainly the SFA have indicated they would like to speak to me"

This confirms what was reported last month is true - which was that Regan had contacted Patrick Nelson

No denials and no rebuttals

Also true is Nelson informed Regan, and everyone else, that it will cost them £500,000

That last line may be the big clue. The SFA went public with their No 1 choice for the job and made contact to talk to O'Neill. Why haven't they carried this through? Scared off by the price tag I would say.

7 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

The path is now clear to offer the job to Slaven Bilic. In my opinion Bilic with our squad / possible selections, gives me more hope than Michael O'Neil. 

I think I'd start drooling uncontrollably if Slaven Bilic became the new Scotland manager.

He'd be a such brilliant, progressive appointment.

Sadly, I fear the SFA will end up giving Paul Lambert or Alex McLeish the job.