Jump to content
Tartan Army Message Board

Recommended Posts

Call me mad but I quite like Debbie McGee (not in a do... oh never mind).

Saw her on a programme after Paul Daniels had died and she seemed totally lost on her own so it's good that this Strictly show has given her a bit of a confidence boost.

This though? Good look or not a good look? 

2z5r4ep.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Call me mad but I quite like Debbie McGee (not in a do... oh never mind).

Saw her on a programme after Paul Daniels had died and she seemed totally lost on her own so it's good that this Strictly show has given her a bit of a confidence boost.

This though? Good look or not a good look? 

2z5r4ep.jpg

(In a non do.... well you know)

I'd sell my soul to look as good as her at my age never mind her age. I've only seen her on Gogglebox clips of Strictly and she was amazing.

I've a feeling she doesn't spend Sunday afternoons guzzling cakes and booze. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago the village I lived needed money to refurbish the mens toilets in the village hall. At that  time Radio Scotland advertised that they would provide a celebrity for  communities who needed money to  improve things. They would send the celebrity and the community had to sell tickets and put on a show which would be recorded for radio.  Only condition was that half the show had to be performed by people in the community, the other half was the celebrity. 

The celebrities we got were Paul Daniels amd Debbie McGee. I got roped in to take part, singing and dancing, neither of which I can do, but it was a laugh.   I also had to take part in the men vs women quiz at the end of the show.  It was just me , Debbie McGee and another woman from  the village in the women's team. Debbie McGee was really witty and clever , I liked her. She was also very petite and attractive.   It must have been quite  come down for them to be performing in a wee village hall but they were very professional . Paul Daniels was a  bit more aloof but she was really nice. 

And only a real magician could make a magic show seem interesting on the radio ! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should also add I think she looks good in that outfit, plus she  has the confidence to carry it off , I dont prescribe to the notion that women over a certain age should be subjected to elasticated waisted trousers and blouses from M&S classic range.  

Not that I think you were meaning that Bobster , I just thought I would stick in my tuppence worth as it is preferable to cleaning the toilet at this particular moment.🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ormond said:

With an elephant toe like that, I don’t think it’d get much deeper than the flaps.

Now that's magic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

A few years ago the village I lived needed money to refurbish the mens toilets in the village hall. At that  time Radio Scotland advertised that they would provide a celebrity for  communities who needed money to  improve things. They would send the celebrity and the community had to sell tickets and put on a show which would be recorded for radio.  Only condition was that half the show had to be performed by people in the community, the other half was the celebrity. 

The celebrities we got were Paul Daniels amd Debbie McGee. I got roped in to take part, singing and dancing, neither of which I can do, but it was a laugh.   I also had to take part in the men vs women quiz at the end of the show.  It was just me , Debbie McGee and another woman from  the village in the women's team. Debbie McGee was really witty and clever , I liked her. She was also very petite and attractive.   It must have been quite  come down for them to be performing in a wee village hall but they were very professional . Paul Daniels was a  bit more aloof but she was really nice. 

And only a real magician could make a magic show seem interesting on the radio ! 

She lives in my area and I know a few people that have done work at their house - when Paul Daniels was still alive - and their impressions were pretty much the same, Paul Daniels was, not exactly up himself, but a bit reserved.  Debbie McGee on the other hand was absolutely brand new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, aaid said:

She lives in my area and I know a few people that have done work at their house - when Paul Daniels was still alive - and their impressions were pretty much the same, Paul Daniels was, not exactly up himself, but a bit reserved.  Debbie McGee on the other hand was absolutely brand new. 

They spoke very openly about their home at the show. I had a look back to see when it was, it was 2003, so a bit more than ‘a few years  ago’ . How time flies. 

They said they were left with almost nothing after being flooded on a few occasions and the insurance would not pay out. Thats probably  why they had to do  gigs in wee village halls. I assume it is the same house you are talking about as they talked like they had a  great affection for it, I doubt they would have left it after all the money and  effort they put it to get it sorted. 

I have to be honest and say I wasnt that fussed about them before they did that show , but they totally won me over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I should also add I think she looks good in that outfit, plus she  has the confidence to carry it off , I dont prescribe to the notion that women over a certain age should be subjected to elasticated waisted trousers and blouses from M&S classic range.

She does look good but come on, a longer top maybe? Those seams don’t help.

If you ask me, she needs Gok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobster said:

She does look good but come on, a longer top maybe? Those seams don’t help.

If you ask me, she needs Gok.

You don't need to make up words now that the swear filter has been turned off.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobster said:

She does look good but come on, a longer top maybe? Those seams don’t help.

If you ask me, she needs Gok.

I couldnt see the seams, I am on an iphone, I had to zoom in just there. You have a point,  wish I hadnt bothered. 😳

Longer top and she would just look like any woman walking round Waitrose. 

IMO no woman should be Gok’d ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

They spoke very openly about their home at the show. I had a look back to see when it was, it was 2003, so a bit more than ‘a few years  ago’ . How time flies. 

They said they were left with almost nothing after being flooded on a few occasions and the insurance would not pay out. Thats probably  why they had to do  gigs in wee village halls. I assume it is the same house you are talking about as they talked like they had a  great affection for it, I doubt they would have left it after all the money and  effort they put it to get it sorted. 

I have to be honest and say I wasnt that fussed about them before they did that show , but they totally won me over. 

Getting flooded out once in a while is part of the deal when you've a multi million pound house on the banks of the Thames where they live., especially when you are on the wrong side of the flood defence scheme, Rolf Harris will be okay though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

A few years ago the village I lived needed money to refurbish the mens toilets in the village hall. At that  time Radio Scotland advertised that they would provide a celebrity for  communities who needed money to  improve things. They would send the celebrity and the community had to sell tickets and put on a show which would be recorded for radio.  Only condition was that half the show had to be performed by people in the community, the other half was the celebrity. 

The celebrities we got were Paul Daniels amd Debbie McGee. I got roped in to take part, singing and dancing, neither of which I can do, but it was a laugh.   I also had to take part in the men vs women quiz at the end of the show.  It was just me , Debbie McGee and another woman from  the village in the women's team. Debbie McGee was really witty and clever , I liked her. She was also very petite and attractive.   It must have been quite  come down for them to be performing in a wee village hall but they were very professional . Paul Daniels was a  bit more aloof but she was really nice. 

And only a real magician could make a magic show seem interesting on the radio ! 

His manager early on was the dad of a lad I knew so I met him a couple of times way back. He was only just moving out of the clubs and on to TV, and this was before Debbie McGee was part of the act. He seemed a nice enough bloke, but I suspect he was always a bit thin-skinned and this showed up more when he was on his way back down and had become a convenient butt for others' humour. Good to hear what a top lass she is - he was a lucky bloke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

His manager early on was the dad of a lad I knew so I met him a couple of times way back. He was only just moving out of the clubs and on to TV, and this was before Debbie McGee was part of the act. He seemed a nice enough bloke, but I suspect he was always a bit thin-skinned and this showed up more when he was on his way back down and had become a convenient butt for others' humour. Good to hear what a top lass she is - he was a lucky bloke.

Every time I see her I think of that Mrs Merton interview. I think most folk do.

Edited by Orraloon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Every time I see her I think of that Mrs Merton interview. I think most folk do.

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen it ... more Youtubing required.

Edit:

Ah ... ok.

Edit 2 : Ho'd on - that's Hookie!

 

 

Edited by DonnyTJS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

 

Edit 2 : Ho'd on - that's Hookie!

 

 

He was married to Caroline Ahern for a period, always seemed a strange match to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, aaid said:

He was married to Caroline Ahern for a period, always seemed a strange match to me. 

Yeah, I remember Larky Masher mentioning it in connection with Hookie's autobiography around the time that Caroline Aherne died; hadn't realized it coincided with Mrs Merton or that he'd appeared on it. There are huge gaps in my cultural knowledge from being out of the country for most of my working life. Did I ever mention that I saw Joy Division ...? :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×