Under 21’s - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Under 21’s

ProudScot

9 hours ago, mcnish said:

They were just as pish with Burke in (he was the worst player on the pitch v England) I tend to agree its a weak age group though. Lewis Morgan the only one who looks to have international potential though I suppose Souttar will get plenty of caps purely due to the lack of alternatives coming through.

I can't see anything in Mcburnie to suggest he will go on to much.

Disagree & think both McKenna and especially McCrorie will get caps, and probably very soon.

Morgan is in the same situation as McGinn last year, whereby he is playing in the championship, so we need to wait and see how he gets on in the SPL before passing real judgement. 

35 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Disagree & think both McKenna and especially McCrorie will get caps, and probably very soon.

Morgan is in the same situation as McGinn last year, whereby he is playing in the championship, so we need to wait and see how he gets on in the SPL before passing real judgement. 

Morgan is easily good enough, and it’s quite an exciting prospect having him in the problem left wing position in the full team. I like Middleton too so there may be good competition there in the not too distant future. Both centre half’s were good, McBurnie showed good strength and awareness in the first half but his legs went not long into the second. Ukraine were a lot better overall though and had the makings of a world class player in wee  Whatshisface. 

McBurnie certainly put himself about well last night (also looks really odd that he effectively wears ankle socks and no shin pads, when everyone else had their socks over the knee's somewhat :lol:) but just no end product and was not getting the service he needed.

Good Ukraine support there last night making a bit of a atmosphere 

40 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

How many of the under 21s played in the Brazil match in the Toulon tournament?

Greg Taylor will have a good career I reckon, impressed me in the summer.

YET another left back though!:lol:

Gemmill can be a little guilty of picking his favorites when it comes to his team, but a fair few of last nights team went to the Toulon Tournament (not sure how many played in the Brazil match).... off top of my head, Burke, Wright, Hardie, Taylor, McCorrie and Hardie all went... with players like Jules, Iacovitti, Summut and Wighton hardly ever getting call up's and players like Thomson, Ralston, Wilson etc getting a single cap here and there.

58 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

How many of the under 21s played in the Brazil match in the Toulon tournament?

Greg Taylor will have a good career I reckon, impressed me in the summer.

YET another left back though!:lol:

Taylor has been playing left mid for us this season. Got MOTM away to Hearts in the last game.

Surprised Thomas is in the squad and not Frizzell though.

33 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good. He's an absolutely horrendous footballer.

He was a bit of a dumpling, and no major loss..... at 16/17 I can understand why we had him about (built like Mike Tyson in his prime.....) but higher up the chain he went, he just didn't developed as a player.

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

You'll be waiting a long time to see Morgan play in the "SPL". Maybe at the end of his career when he comes back from England.

4 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Also, I've been a lot less impressed with Morgan this week. He is very fast but his crossing was largely poor. He didn't cause either team enough problems in my opinion.

Morgan has been completely wasted on that shower this week. Particularly last night. I thought he played well against Latvia. less so last night. He can only do something when he has the ball and he was completely underused by his team mates last night. And there was nothing wrong with his crosses other than that none of his team mates could be bothered getting into the box to get on the end of them. Also, I think he seems to be playing in a very restricted role. It's like he is being told to hug the left wing and like I say, if he doesn't get the ball he can't do anything with it. For St. Mirren he has a much more free role. He switches wings and is also happy coming through the middle. This means he sees much more of the ball and it therefore more effective. If you are simply saying he hasn't been quite as good this week then fair enough, but if you're using this week's performance to say he's not as good as you thought he was, then I think you're well wide of the mark. Maradona and Pele had off days too.

On 15/11/2017 at 2:52 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Unless Celtic or Ranger sign him?

Can't see Celtic signing him, I think they'll go for McGinn who is capable of walking into the team.

Celtic or Rangers won’t be able to compete with the Championship clubs who will be queuing up to sign him. In my opinion. Particularly Rangers. No chance.

Also think the boy has ambitions beyond the gruesome twosome. 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Celtic or Rangers won’t be able to compete with the Championship clubs who will be queuing up to sign him. In my opinion. Particularly Rangers. No chance.

Also think the boy has ambitions beyond the gruesome twosome. 

He'd be better going to the Championship than Celtic as he'd have more chance of getting a game.