Under 21’s - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Under 21’s

ProudScot

Scotland dominated the match and Deserved a point at the very least, even if it did come from a dodgy penalty. Its Clear that Morgan is a talent and will probably be playing a much higher level than Scottish championship in the future. Apart from their goal we looked defensively sound as well with McKenna and souttar looking solid together.

50 minutes ago, ironbrew said:

1v1. Only saw last five minutes. No idea what penalty was for and none of our players seemed to claim for it either.  Almost won it at the end.

Glad it wasn't just me who couldn't fathom that decision!  :lol:

Lewis Morgan looks a player.

12 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Seeing Campbell got man of the match? How'd he look? 

Neat and tidy. Did the simple things well and broke down a lot of their play, such that it was. 

The commentator did say that he was giving him motm in the absence of any other stand out performance. 

Personally I thought Morgan was better, but I’m biased and I suppose they cannae keep giving him motm every game. 

55 minutes ago, ironbrew said:

1v1. Only saw last five minutes. No idea what penalty was for and none of our players seemed to claim for it either.  Almost won it at the end.

There was a bit of a tug on the centre back but nothing you would normally get a penalty for. I’m sure that’s what it was for though. 

Thought they played well, just unlucky not to score at least 2 or 3

Morgan looks a real talent but would be good to see him up against a higher class of defender. 

I think McBurnie could end up a useful player too, looks very tidy on the ball and is clearly a good finisher even if he didn't score last night. He should win more arial duels for his height though...let's hope he can improve this aspect of his game. 

This is clearly a good crop of under 21's...not sure why above posters are doubting everyone apart from Morgan. 

I'd suggest McCrorie, Souttar, McKenna, Morgan, Cadden, McBurnie and probably a couple more will all win caps. And we already have two potentially brilliant 20 year olds in Tierney and Burke.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Losing again against Ukraine. Ukraine have been the better team. I personally think this is a weak u21 team (without Tierney and Burke). 

They were just as pish with Burke in (he was the worst player on the pitch v England) I tend to agree its a weak age group though. Lewis Morgan the only one who looks to have international potential though I suppose Souttar will get plenty of caps purely due to the lack of alternatives coming through.

I can't see anything in Mcburnie to suggest he will go on to much.

Very disappointing.

Watched tonight's game and the Holland match. We were very good against the Dutch and I was genuinely optimistic bout the campaign.  I had Ireland on the TV and this game on the laptop and it looked almost identical. The home teams very poor, hit and hope tactics, being opened up with ease and the away teams looked in total control, skillful, cleverer, and one step ahead of the Scots and the Irish.

Our U19s lost 1-0 to Czech Republic, but we went through to the elite round - as Armenia drew with Luxembourg so the group ended up : CZE 9 ; SCO 4 ; ARM 2 ; LUX 1.

7 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Very disappointing.

Watched tonight's game and the Holland match. We were very good against the Dutch and I was genuinely optimistic bout the campaign.  I had Ireland on the TV and this game on the laptop and it looked almost identical. The home teams very poor, hit and hope tactics, being opened up with ease and the away teams looked in total control, skillful, cleverer, and one step ahead of the Scots and the Irish.

Our U19s lost 1-0 to Czech Republic, but we went through to the elite round - as Armenia drew with Luxembourg so the group ended up : CZE 9 ; SCO 4 ; ARM 2 ; LUX 1.

The under 19s were just as bad. There is some potential in that side but we were outclassed by the Czechs. The foul for the free-kick which led to their goal was amateurish and it was so predictable that they would score from it. I very much doubt they will get through the elite round unless Middleton, Johnson and Atkinson drag them there. 

Edited by PASTA Mick