Hampden - stay or go? - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

DizzyVizion

1 hour ago, jailender said:

So far we don't appear to have seen the full results of the survey, and by picking selective numbers, the SFA can slant it whichever way they want. Have the full results been published?

It wasn't an SFA survey.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:28 PM, jailender said:

So far we don't appear to have seen the full results of the survey, and by picking selective numbers, the SFA can slant it whichever way they want. Have the full results been published?

This was done by the Scotish Football Supporters Association, who are completly free of the SFA (and do enjoy sticking the boot into the SFA).

Think they claim to have 41,000 members, but got less than 3,000 people to take part in a survey on Hampden (and then twisted the results.... Hampden got something like 39% approval for keeping, its just they split it into two options which broke this figure up).

1 hour ago, jailender said:

On their website they claim to have 71000 members! That, if true, makes the response of 3000 even less credible.

If the media were not so hyped about looking for any excuse to get stuck in to the SFA (and pertuciarly Regan and Doncaster) they probably would not have given this survey any couverage, and suspect they are only using it as a excuse to have a stick to beat the Sfa with.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Stay.

It's worth remembering that this decision won't just impact Scotland matches but also where cup finals are played. 

I've always liked Hampden and hate it when matches are moved elsewhere. 

Agree 100%

On 13/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, wanderer said:

If the media were not so hyped about looking for any excuse to get stuck in to the SFA (and pertuciarly Regan and Doncaster) they probably would not have given this survey any couverage, and suspect they are only using it as a excuse to have a stick to beat the Sfa with.

Whit ?

The media is complicit in keeping the SFA and it's closed shop where they are & have been for the last 50 years

Any investigative journalist could have had a field day exposing what the fvck goes on behind closed doors never mind the mismanagement of finances

You have the likes of Chic Dung, Richard Gordon, Kris Boyd & the whole of BBC Scotland sooking up their arses every week - Tom English is the only one that ever gives them real stick 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Whit ?

The media is complicit in keeping the SFA and it's closed shop where they are & have been for the last 50 years

Any investigative journalist could have had a field day exposing what the fvck goes on behind closed doors never mind the mismanagement of finances

You have the likes of Chic Dung, Richard Gordon, Kris Boyd & the whole of BBC Scotland sooking up their arses every week - Tom English is the only one that ever gives them real stick 

I think it is less to do with sooking and more to do with modern day lazy journalism. I'd excuse Richard Gordon as he is an anchor man / presenter rather than a pundit or journalist.

It goes beyond the SFA. Clubs have got away with very little scrutiny from journalists and it is them that choose who runs the SFA. If the clubs weren't happy then Regan and Doncaster would change direction or get sacked.

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Some interesting files on the past development of Hampden were released at the weekend.....

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15799432.Revealed__How_the_Thatcher_Government_pulled_the_plug_on_the__new_Hampden_/

Hardly say there is anything new there that has not been widely known for the last 20 odd years.

Edited by wanderer

3 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Hardly say there is anything new there that has not been widely known for the last 20 odd years.

Aye, that's what I was thinking. If any of that was supposed to be a secret then it wasn't a very well kept secret. "Thatcher hating all things Scottish" is hardly the shockeroonie headline of the year.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:54 AM, hoofitharder said:

Stay.

I have always wondered why have the SFA never purchased the freehold on Hampden . with it they would have some borrowing power and could also sell the naming rights along the lines of the Etihad and Emerates ( i know they wouldn't get anywhere near the amounts Arsenal and Man city get ) but it could still be substantial. lets be honest without Scotland playing there Hampden is a white Elephant . They should approach Queens park about selling if they don't want to walk away it will be their loss.

Ian

On 12/11/2017 at 10:07 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

That is a very good post. Agreed why don't the SFA just offer to purchase thr ground? Sorry if there are any Queens Park fans here but for a national football association to be grovelling for rights from a lower league ground it is quite laughable in this day and age and a situation so out of date it is unreal. I just wonder how much purchasing Hampden would cost though. Far too much I think.

Coming back to these two posts, I wonder if the delay in announcing whether we are staying or going is down to the Scottish FA exploring the option of taking over Hampden from QP.

If so, with a proper redevelopment to follow addressing the obvious flaws of shallowness, distance to park and failure to retain atmosphere then I am all for staying.

If there's no plans to upgrade, despite thoroughly despising both of the clubs, Parkhead and Ibrox as a home (Scotland fan) are better venues than Hampden.

Sad that our national stadium, is viewed with such ambivalence and contempt by some fans through Scotland. Obviously built on the cheap and fans of Scottish clubs can see that.

Murrayfield is not the answer and would be a dreadful move.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't hold Hampden in contempt. It is (currently) Scotland's home ground and i see its merits but it has its faults. Should we remain though I think it is impossible to see any refurbishment anytime in my lifetime due to lack of funds.

Dinnae take it personally fella, no expecting you to pay for it!