Hampden - stay or go? - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

DizzyVizion

Stay.

I have always wondered why have the SFA never purchased the freehold on Hampden . with it they would have some borrowing power and could also sell the naming rights along the lines of the Etihad and Emerates ( i know they wouldn't get anywhere near the amounts Arsenal and Man city get ) but it could still be substantial. lets be honest without Scotland playing there Hampden is a white Elephant . They should approach Queens park about selling if they don't want to walk away it will be their loss.

Ian

2 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

Stay.

I have always wondered why have the SFA never purchased the freehold on Hampden . with it they would have some borrowing power and could also sell the naming rights along the lines of the Etihad and Emerates ( i know they wouldn't get anywhere near the amounts Arsenal and Man city get ) but it could still be substantial. lets be honest without Scotland playing there Hampden is a white Elephant . They should approach Queens park about selling if they don't want to walk away it will be their loss.

Ian

That is a very good post. Agreed why don't the SFA just offer to purchase thr ground? Sorry if there are any Queens Park fans here but for a national football association to be grovelling for rights from a lower league ground it is quite laughable in this day and age and a situation so out of date it is unreal. I just wonder how much purchasing Hampden would cost though. Far too much I think.