Booing your own players - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Booing your own players

Squirrelhumper

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The Nations capital that refused to recognise Scotland as a nation? No surprise somebody from Tory land would like that. Murrayfield is shite for football, I saw that myself on Sunday. The view behind the goals is just as bad as Hampden.

We should play games in Glasgow/Dundee as they were the only two cities with suitable grounds that had the balls to vote for Scotland being a nation in their own right.

I’ve a feeling you’re being serious, you’re very close to being the one to talk most nonsense on this thread. 

Bluegaz is still pipping you. 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ian Black was in Edinburgh and never heard Wallace booed?

Was there not a Rangers player boo ed  v USA i think...when he came on, as Rangers were in 3rd or 4th division at the time..  O thought it was Wallace/Black  but there was deff someone at that time, who was booed at Hampden.

38 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Spent over 3 decades in the Tartan Army.

Never booed a single one of our players for anything.

Had I been at Pittodrie yesterday though, Jack would have been my first exception.

How petty. 

What are you, 12 years old or something? 

51 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Had I been at Pittodrie yesterday though, Jack would have been my first exception.

"Supporters"  like you, we can do without. Maybe you should just stay away in case he gets selected again.

If you have been going for 3 decades, I would have thought you would have grown out of that sort of childish behaviour by now. 

Never ever booed a scotland player ever,   cheered like a mad man when Leigh scored the two free kicks against england because i can leave club football behind when i follow scotland. Scott brown was a real miss in the run in for the world cup just a fact i think to be true, but to try and justify why some people booed ryan jack is just utterly disgusting.

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

Why ?

The quirk of the timing of Jack's first return to Pittodrie wouldn't have deterred me from letting him know how I felt about him.

As Derek McInnes said "There's a proper way to leave a club."

Ideally, the Rangers games would have come first (but they didn't).

44 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

How petty. 

What are you, 12 years old or something? 

No, just no time for someone that ungrateful.

(At least McLean is being up front.)

Silence = approval.

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

"Supporters"  like you, we can do without. Maybe you should just stay away in case he gets selected again.

No, the first time back at Pittodrie (regardless) and every time he touches the ball v Aberdeen is enough.

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you have been going for 3 decades, I would have thought you would have grown out of that sort of childish behaviour by now. 

As stated, I have never previously booed a Scotland player ever.

7 minutes ago, albathebrave said:

Never ever booed a scotland player ever,   cheered like a mad man when Leigh scored the two free kicks against england because i can leave club football behind when i follow scotland. Scott brown was a real miss in the run in for the world cup just a fact i think to be true, but to try and justify why some people booed ryan jack is just utterly disgusting.

Apples and oranges.

Who a player plays for has never been (and still isn't) an issue.

3 minutes ago, Bobster said:

CTA?

Childish Tartan Army?

Canadian Tartan Army (as dubbed by Andy MacArthur in his book.)

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

That’s very unchristian of you scotty love thy neighbour in that 

I still love him (I just don't like him).

52 minutes ago, albathebrave said:

Justly booed? 🤣

IMHO.

30 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

And your point is?

That he would be my only exception in 35 years.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

The neutrals perhaps can.

Anyway, he justly got booed.

It's over.

Can we all now get together and concentrate on booing him v Aberdeen?

How sad.

Maybe you should just get over it? The guy moved on to a bigger club on a far better wage. It happens. 

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Stick to the Bible then.

4 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Mark 11:25, some Christian you are.

Like all the other Christians... I'm not perfect, still a sinner, still saved by Grace, and still allowed to voice my opinions on what I feel is right or wrong.

I wish Jack no harm outside the game. Wouldn't be upset if his dream move backfired on him though.

4 hours ago, Stu101 said:

He is not a christian.

How do you figure that?

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Maybe you should just get over it? The guy moved on to a bigger club on a far better wage. It happens. 

I'm fine with that. Don't even miss him, but he still should have treated the club better.

I won't miss McLean either.

(McInnes I'd miss though.)

47 minutes ago, Mitre said:

Stick to the Bible then.

I do stick to the Bible.

(I'm not sure what you are saying here.)

16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The Nations capital that refused to recognise Scotland as a nation? No surprise somebody from Tory land would like that. Murrayfield is shite for football, I saw that myself on Sunday. The view behind the goals is just as bad as Hampden.

We should play games in Glasgow/Dundee as they were the only two cities with suitable grounds that had the balls to vote for Scotland being a nation in their own right.

The Jambos have kept the pitch dimensions same as their uefa non compliant pitch at Tynecastle though.