Booing your own players - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Booing your own players

Squirrelhumper

30 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I would imagine that a lack of drivers and the rail network would be the main issues.

Are you suggesting they put on more overtime to save Scotland fans waiting for 20-30 minutes (that’s all I generally wait to get on a train apart from the last Sunday game we had)? 

Extra trains are already put on for Scotland games. You can’t just turn our rail network into a rapid transit system when it gets busy due to how many trains you can get in and out of Glasgow Central in a given amount of time.

ScotRail deal pretty well with the peak that happens after every game but the reality is when you have anywhere from 15,000-30,000 people wanting to get the train back into the city centre at 9:30 at night, there are going to be queues. 

They do exactly this at Wembley with 80-90000 people around a dozen times a year.

In fact, with Spurs playing at Wembley this year they do this pretty much every week.

Edited by aaid

52 minutes ago, aaid said:

They do exactly this at Wembley with 80-90000 people around a dozen times a year.

In fact, with Spurs playing at Wembley this year they do this pretty much every week.

Did you seriously just compare the rail service in Glasgow with the London Underground and rail service? Have you ever been to London?

The underground there has enough trains and drivers for trains to run every 4 minutes and it’s designed to do that. There are several tube stops within walking distance of Wembley as well as train stations and buses. The infrastructure is far superior to what we have up here.

Not everyone will use the tube or trains either (which is why I didn’t say 50,000 for our games).

London has around twice as many people as the whole of Scotland put together so they need a better/bigger transport network than Glasgow does. 

The last time I was at Wembley it took me as long to get into Central London as it normally takes me to get into the city centre after a match at Hampden. 

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Did you seriously just compare the rail service in Glasgow with the London Underground and rail service? Have you ever been to London?

The underground there has enough trains and drivers for trains to run every 4 minutes and it’s designed to do that. There are several tube stops within walking distance of Wembley as well as train stations and buses. The infrastructure is far superior to what we have up here.

Not everyone will use the tube or trains either (which is why I didn’t say 50,000 for our games).

London has around twice as many people as the whole of Scotland put together so they need a better/bigger transport network than Glasgow does. 

The last time I was at Wembley it took me as long to get into Central London as it normally takes me to get into the city centre after a match at Hampden. 

I live 25 miles from London and have been at Wembley more times than I care to remember.   To be clear, I'm not talking about TFL but Chiltern Rail which runs the line from Marylebone out to Wembley Stadium and beyond.   So, I'm not talking about the whole of TFL's capacity but just Chiltern Rail. If they can do it, I'm sure Scotrail can as well.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

I live 25 miles from London and have been at Wembley more times than I care to remember.   To be clear, I'm not talking about TFL but Chiltern Rail which runs the line from Marylebone out to Wembley Stadium and beyond.   So, I'm not talking about the whole of TFL's capacity but just Chiltern Rail. If they can do it, I'm sure Scotrail can as well.

I see. I thought you were comparing the transport from Wembley to central London in general to the transport up here.

What exactly do they do though?

Do they put on extra trains the same way ScotRail do?

I can’t believe I’m defending ScotRail here but there isn’t too much extra they can do apart from possibly on a Sunday when the service is shite but how many games do we actually have on Sundays anyway?

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I see. I thought you were comparing the transport from Wembley to central London in general to the transport up here.

What exactly do they do though?

Do they put on extra trains the same way ScotRail do?

I can’t believe I’m defending ScotRail here but there isn’t too much extra they can do apart from possibly on a Sunday when the service is shite but how many games do we actually have on Sundays anyway?

They put extra trains on for a couple of hours before kick off, direct to Wembley Stadium, I've no idea of the frequency but anytime I've used it - and I've used it a number of times - you've been pretty much able to rock up and get straight on a train.   After the game they have trains stacked up so that once one is full and leaves, the next one is there pretty much straight away.

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

They put extra trains on for a couple of hours before kick off, direct to Wembley Stadium, I've no idea of the frequency but anytime I've used it - and I've used it a number of times - you've been pretty much able to rock up and get straight on a train.   After the game they have trains stacked up so that once one is full and leaves, the next one is there pretty much straight away.

That’s kind of what happens at home games. 

They put extra trains on before and after the game. 

I wouldn’t say the trains were stacked after full time exactly but it’s not the normal timetable. There’s a train every few minutes or something although some of the trains take longer than others as they go the long way round the circle.

On 15/11/2017 at 7:22 AM, vanderark14 said:

If anyone here has been to twickenham, theyd never complain about transport links to hampden again.

I was there for the Giants Rams game last year and we got away ok. There were trains every 5 minutes back into the centre of London. We didn't hang around long after the game and only had to wait 10 minutes to get the train. Not sure what it was like after that tbf.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:22 AM, vanderark14 said:

If anyone here has been to twickenham, theyd never complain about transport links to hampden again.

Plenty more things to complain about about Twickenham than the transport links, place is full of cunts.