Booing your own players - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Booing your own players

Squirrelhumper

21 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

I’m missing something here. What’s the ingratitude thing about?

has he not just let this contract run down and took up a better offer where he’ll make more money? Signed for the team he supported as a boy too. Hard to see how he can be criticised for this. Must be something more sinister to it than this surely though. 

He apparently told mcinnes 6 weeks beforehand  that he had no interest nor intention of signing for rangers with no idea where he would end up. 

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

He apparently told mcinnes 6 weeks beforehand  that he had no interest nor intention of signing for rangers with no idea where he would end up. 

That is a bit of a dick move if he was always planning on going to Rangers. 

What if he changed his mind though? Is that not allowed or something?

Either way, Dons fans will have ample opportunity to boo the guy when he’s playing for Rangers at Pittodrie in December. 

If he is that much of an arse then he probably deserves a booing. Just not in a Scotland jersey. 

19 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That is a bit of a dick move if he was always planning on going to Rangers. 

What if he changed his mind though? Is that not allowed or something?

Either way, Dons fans will have ample opportunity to boo the guy when he’s playing for Rangers at Pittodrie in December. 

If he is that much of an arse then he probably deserves a booing. Just not in a Scotland jersey. 

It was well known for months beforehand that he would end up there. 

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It was well known for months beforehand that he would end up there. 

Fair enough. I don’t support either club so I don’t know that much about it. 

Well you can have a right go at him in December then when he’ll deserve it. 

19 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Fair enough. I don’t support either club so I don’t know that much about it. 

Well you can have a right go at him in December then when he’ll deserve it. 

I will, don’t you worry about that. 

My son wants a pet snake for xmas, he picked a name for it and everything.......

He's not getting one :lol:

49 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I will, don’t you worry about that. 

My son wants a pet snake for xmas, he picked a name for it and everything.......

He's not getting one :lol:

34 minutes ago, fringo said:

Get him a Jack Russell. 

:lol:

Or a copy of The Hunt for Red October?

I’ll get my coat. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:21 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

No decent transport links unless you are a simpleton who doesn't know how to work public transport?

There's half a dozen train stations within 10 minutes walk from hampden. Countless buses too.

If you stand till midnight then you are clearly pretty thick.

Six train stations within 10 minutes walk....bullshit, and any station you go to has hundreds of people waiting as the train service is shit. As for buses, I have walked back to Glasgow City Centre after a match and never saw a bus pass me. Coupled with that, numerous people on here have complained about the transport service after a match. Of course not all of us who go to Hampden are locals with such superb knowledge as you, but to call fellow supporters simpletons and thick shows how ignorant people like you are.

Oh Dear.......looks like I upset the native weegie. Superior knowledge of train stations in Glasgow, just what I always wanted to know zzzzz. Hampden still a shithole no matter how many stations people reckon are nearby and you will be saying next that all trains go directly into the centre in 5 minutes. Oh dear just because I dared to disagree.:mellow:

i haven't read the full thread but i can imagine the topic of debate in relation to Ryan Jack.

Booing players is not isolated to Rangers/Scotland players. I was in Dortmund for the last campaign, Scotland were Germany's first opponents IIRC since winning the world cup. I got chatting to Borussia Dortmund fans outside the stadium pre match who were going to boo Mario Gotze, the guy that scored the winning world cup goal. And right enough, they did.

Gerard Pique another example for political reasons, a guy that's won three major tournaments with Spain.

I don't agree with it, but sadly it's part of football. I hope Ryan Jack is thick skinned enough to continue to play for the national team - he could be the answer at right back longer term.

33 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Kings Park, Crosshill, Cathcart, Queens Park, Langside, Croftoot and Mount Florida

There's 7 that are 10 mins walk from Hampden.

So save me the bullshit. It's not Hampden's fault that folk walk to Mount Florida like sheep. .

Lived in Cathcart for years so know where you are coming from but I am sure that Croftfoot is a tad longer than 10 min walk from Hampden, unless of course they have moved the station!! :P

12 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Lived in Cathcart for years so know where you are coming from but I am sure that Croftfoot is a tad longer than 10 min walk from Hampden, unless of course they have moved the station!! :P

Croftfoot is pushing it a bit.  The other 6 are relatively short walks though.

The number of trains running on match days is more of an issue than the station availability.

I think it's important that we boo players who use different train stations from our favourite one.

There are lots of train stations about Hampden where we could do it.

And buses? Don't get me started on players who change buses. There's feckin' hunners of them.

Buses, that is. Around Hampden.

We could boo them until our lips burst. Players, that is.

43 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Oh Dear.......looks like I upset the native weegie. Superior knowledge of train stations in Glasgow, just what I always wanted to know zzzzz. Hampden still a shithole no matter how many stations people reckon are nearby and you will be saying next that all trains go directly into the centre in 5 minutes. Oh dear just because I dared to disagree.:mellow:

Not my fault you post ignorant non facts to back up an argument.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing but don't lie to try and point score.

It; just makes you look daft.

37 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

I said 6 originally, I just added Croftoot in as it's still easily walkable.

As Toepoke has said, the other 6 (ones I originally mentioned) are well within 10 minutes walk.

23 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The number of trains running on match days is more of an issue than the station availability.

Correct, however I don't think that would change regardless of the stadium in Scotland.

I can only assume those wanting Ibrox, Parkhead or Murrayfield have never been at either when there's been a full house and tried to use public transport.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not my fault you post ignorant non facts to back up an argument.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing but don't lie to try and point score.

It; just makes you look daft.

Grow up...I posted an opinion. As for point scoring, you tried to score 7 but only got 6, makes you sound and look very daft. Not sure where the lies came from as I don't know Glasgow that well....:)

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Correct, however I don't think that would change regardless of the stadium in Scotland.

I can only assume those wanting Ibrox, Parkhead or Murrayfield have never been at either when there's been a full house and tried to use public transport.

That last point is spot on.  Hampden has much better public transport connections than any stadium in Scotland, the problem is that Scotrail don't seem to out enough trains on before and after the games to move a large number of people in a short timeframe,.  If I go to Wembley, I tend to take the overground to Wembley Stadium from Marylebone.  For a couple of hours after the game they have extra services going out to Wembley and after the games they stack the trains up and basically once one is filled and leaves the next one comes in.

Personally I walk down to Victoria Road, go for a couple of pints and get a train from Queens Park, pretty easy.