Booing your own players - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Booing your own players

Squirrelhumper

24 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not a complex. It’s the truth. We are better than everyone else, we have oil, better houses, more money, nicer cars. 

We’re generally how other Scots should look to be themselves. 

Get over it. 

And a preference for being British.

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't want it used mainly due to it being a shitehole and there being 5 grounds that are easily better than it.

That’s a far more valid reason than a few idiots booing.

I noticed the Dutch fans were in the usual away section, talk about hospitality!

:lol:

Thats embarrassing, it’s a disgrace. It makes the easy stand at fir park feel like the middle tier of the emirates.

Was extremely disappointed with the small section of locals who felt it justified to boo Ryan Jack.

However that will not be the reason that Aberdeen doesn't get another national match - have they not already said that Aberdeen wont get another international now until they upgrade the ground?

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That’s a sweeping generalisation, just like not everyone booed last night, not everyone voted no. 

I wouldn’t expect lesser people to understand that though. 

14 minutes ago, teecee- said:

And a preference for being British.

Only two regions voted yes, and as Dandydunn said not everyone voted no.....mmmm go figure

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s a far more valid reason than a few idiots booing.

I noticed the Dutch fans were in the usual away section, talk about hospitality!

:lol:

Thats embarrassing, it’s a disgrace. It makes the easy stand at fir park feel like the middle tier of the emirates.

Plenty of room at Fir park to stand, nae many there usually.

I didn't actually hear much of the booing on TV. In fact, in the first half, quite the opposite. Sky seemed to have micced up a bunch of folk who clapped furiously every time Jack made the vaguest touch of the ball. I assume it was in responce to the booing, but since the booing wasn't on the mic, it was sort of comical to watch.

A 5 yard pass inside to Berra.. to furious applause! :D

Edited by andyD

2 hours ago, robbo cop said:

The biggest shithole would be Hampden, no decent transport links back to the centre, to what is supposed to be our national stadium. you could stand till midnight waiting for a train to get back to the centre after a match, bloody ridiculous.

Was at Wembley last year and it puts Hampden to shame

No decent transport links unless you are a simpleton who doesn't know how to work public transport?

There's half a dozen train stations within 10 minutes walk from hampden. Countless buses too.

If you stand till midnight then you are clearly pretty thick.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I take it you never watched the Lithuania away game and Slovakia at home where Forrest was arguably our best player?

Nup, Forrest is pish. 21 caps, no goals, no assists. From a winger?!? Never again please.

52 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Condemned if we boo condemned if we clapped in response to the few numpties who did boo, can't win wi some folk :(

I didn't criticise anyone for clapping him.. just said that from the perspective of the tv it seemed bizarre because it didn't have the context of the boos (which couldnt be heard at that point).

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, robbo cop said:

The biggest shithole would be Hampden, no decent transport links back to the centre, to what is supposed to be our national stadium. you could stand till midnight waiting for a train to get back to the centre after a match, bloody ridiculous.

Was at Wembley last year and it puts Hampden to shame

I am not a big fan of Hampden as a stadium, but it is by far not the biggest shit hole.  Hosting international games in Aberdeen is embarrassing.  

Think it came to Aberdeen as SFA didn't want the embarrassment of another half empty Hampden, Holland normally take a good away support but lucky if there was 40 of them so smaller stadium was the way to go, central belters just nae happy to travel for once. We should play most of home games in the nations capitol at Murrayfield. They should play the U21 matches at different grounds around the country.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Think it came to Aberdeen as SFA didn't want the embarrassment of another half empty Hampden, Holland normally take a good away support but lucky if there was 40 of them so smaller stadium was the way to go, central belters just nae happy to travel for once. We should play most of home games in the nations capitol at Murrayfield. They should play the U21 matches at different grounds around the country.

The Nations capital that refused to recognise Scotland as a nation? No surprise somebody from Tory land would like that. Murrayfield is shite for football, I saw that myself on Sunday. The view behind the goals is just as bad as Hampden.

We should play games in Glasgow/Dundee as they were the only two cities with suitable grounds that had the balls to vote for Scotland being a nation in their own right.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We should play games in Glasgow/Dundee as they were the only two cities with suitable grounds that had the balls to vote for Scotland being a nation in their own right.

:lol::lol:

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The Nations capital that refused to recognise Scotland as a nation? No surprise somebody from Tory land would like that. Murrayfield is shite for football, I saw that myself on Sunday. The view behind the goals is just as bad as Hampden.

Good grief!!  😂😂😂

A new level.