Netherlands match thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands match thread

PASTA Mick

3 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I don't remember them getting booed, but I may be wrong.

They weren't booed. Ian Black was booed by several sections of the TA, not just Hibs fans, as he was being capped as a third division player just like Lee Wallace was booed when he was in the second or third division. Still out of order thouvh

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Why? Because I think we shouldn’t be playing internationals in a ground like that in a place that attracts so many cocks?

Then yes. 

You make it sound like it’s 1000’s upon 1000’s of people booing a player, when it’s quite clearly not. If people of Glasgow could fill Hampden for friendliest and smaller games, then it would probably be played there, but they don’t. 

What Hampden attracts is silly weegies that boo players as they come on as a sub then shut up when he scores the winner. 

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Very quiet.. Aberdonians are far too dour to be relied upon to generate an atmosphere - booing own players aside.

You’ve never been to a Scotland friendly before, have you? As they always have shite atmospheres. 

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

Very quiet.. Aberdonians are far too dour to be relied upon to generate an atmosphere - booing own players aside.

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

You do know that tickets were sold to non aberdonians?

Yes very true....we are expected to travel to Glasgow for nearly every Scotland game, but they can't be arsed to travel outside of Glasgow when another grounds gets a Scotland game.......shit supporters

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You make it sound like it’s 1000’s upon 1000’s of people booing a player, when it’s quite clearly not. If people of Glasgow could fill Hampden for friendliest and smaller games, then it would probably be played there, but they don’t. 

What Hampden attracts is silly weegies that boo players as they come on as a sub then shut up when he scores the winner. 

I agree with Hamden and Glasgow. This one should be at Easter Road or Tyncastle when fit. 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Hampden also attracts silly weegies that cheer opposition players more than their Scotland players.

Scotland v Denmark 2002 when Peter Lovenkrands was announced in the lineups

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

I agree with Hamden and Glasgow. This one should be at Easter Road or Tyncastle when fit. 

So you work for the sfa by any chance? You do realise this has probably been put to pittodrie as a slight appreciation to people that travel from further north than Edinburgh for midweek games?

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Tynecastle isn't fit for international matches, the pitch is too close to the stand

£12-15million (depending on who you believe) just to increase the capacity 3,000 seats

:rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile:

Well, must say it has been fun posting on here tonight, people now moaning about where the game is played and moaning about the support for nothing more than a friendly, as for players getting booed, this happens all the time at Hampden... look at Chris Martin, yes the guy who kept our hopes alive more than once. Seems to be a case of we can hand it out but cannot take it back.

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hampden also attracts silly weegies that cheer opposition players more than their Scotland players.

Scotland v Denmark 2002 when Peter Lovenkrands was announced in the lineups

Good grief - even our whataboutery is crap.