Netherlands match thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands match thread

PASTA Mick

Nothing wrong in trying some new players and trying people in different positions - especially with a some time until our next qualifying games - but this isn't anything like the line up I would've expected. Either way, the Dutch seem to be very poor defensively so far and we've had a couple of good chances - hopefully we can get a good result tonight.

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

You can see why a section of the Rangers support don't like the Tartan Army - it's not the first time a Rangers player has been booed (albeit I doubt people are booing Ryan Jack because he plays for Rangers, but because he left Aberdeen).

Was that why Lee Wallace got booed ? 

Its a nasty cancer within our support - and utterly detrimental to the team.

Edited by tjm007

1 minute ago, tjm007 said:

Its an nasty cancer within our support - and utterly detrimental to the team.

I remember back in 80s when Aberdeen were winning a lot of trophies, Miller, McLeish and Strachan were always booed but with them in the team at least we used to qualify, yes I agree it is a nasty cancer among our supporters, it should not matter who a player plays for it is how he performs in a Scotland shirt.

1 minute ago, tjm007 said:

Its an nasty cancer within our support - and utterly detrimental to the team.

Possibly, I know Ian Black got booed when we played a game at Easter Road - albeit that was probably due to the Hearts connection. Nobody should be booing their own players because of what club teams they've played for.

Guest BlueGaz

Apart from being a shite stadium, with a shit atmosphere, the first reason not to have games up there should be to keep the sheep attending games down to a minimum. 

8 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

You can see why a section of the Rangers support don't like the Tartan Army - it's not the first time a Rangers player has been booed (albeit I doubt people are booing Ryan Jack because he plays for Rangers, but because he left Aberdeen).

It’s not something I would tolerate if I was there. 

This isn’t an excuse, but he’s being booed for the way he left, not who he left for. 

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Apart from being a shite stadium, with a shit atmosphere, the first reason not to have games up there should be to keep the sheep attending games down to a minimum. 

Atmosphere is made by the people within the stadium, not the other way round. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, dandydunn said:

Atmosphere is made by the people within the stadium, not the other way round. 

Exactly. Too many locals. All but a handful of games are a shit atmosphere there.