Netherlands match thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands match thread

PASTA Mick

With Griffiths, Armstrong and possibly Brown back in the fold next time this was not too bad a performance. Philips selection baffles me along with about everyone else on here. I think with another striker tonight we would easily have got a draw at least.

Fraser looked okay when he came on and Christie had some good touches for his first game.

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

That's that - I feel we did well enough to get a result tonight' there are positives to take from this. I think Jack did well at right-back, Tierney did a good job at centre-back and Fraser looked decent when he came on. McLean and Phillips were poor though. I think that we looked up for this and confident, which will hopefully continue going into the new year.

Agree about McLean and Phillips, probably both of them barely worth a squad place.

Nice to see the deadwood firmly forgotten about.

Would have liked to see Archer get some game time. 

How do you become a Scotland international? Well. First, you play 2 awful international games. Then you go for a month not playing for your club. Then you sleep with the interim Scotland manager. Then you make your appearance out of position. Then you mis-control a pass. Then you keep your place till the 90th minute. Have you worked out who I am talking about yet?

Some decent performances on show. If we'd had a out and out striker up top all game then no chance we'd have lost that game. Friendlies are for trying new things out though but even after 30 minutes it was clear the guy wasn't upto playing up front 

I thought Phillips was decent in the September double header but if the new manger watches this game he'll have learned that Phillips isn't a striker!

1 minute ago, HighlandScot said:

Philips should NEVER again be anywhere near a Scotland squad, regardless of the manager. He cannot control the ball. He cannot head the ball. He does absolutely no work, puts no pressure on the defence.  

His inability to control a football is laughable.

Hes had one reasonable game for us which was Lithuania away, other than that he’s been poor.

Funny how people can view a game differently. In the first half McLean gave one of his typical “minimalist” performances but I thought that as the game wore on he was mainly responsible for picking the ball up and moving us forward and did so quite effectively.

mcginn and mcgregor both did plenty running about but gave possession away quite a bit, although mcginn, like McLean, got better as the game went on.

i thought Jack was the best of the newcomers and while Christie looked lively his passing was a bit off, though I’m sure the more he’s involved at that level the more it’ll pick up.

tierney at cb was our top man by a distance imo.

2 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Funny how people can view a game differently. In the first half McLean gave one of his typical “minimalist” performances but I thought that as the game wore on he was mainly responsible for picking the ball up and moving us forward and did so quite effectively.

mcginn and mcgregor both did plenty running about but gave possession away quite a bit, although mcginn, like McLean, got better as the game went on.

i thought Jack was the best of the newcomers and while Christie looked lively his passing was a bit off, though I’m sure the more he’s involved at that level the more it’ll pick up.

tierney at cb was our top man by a distance imo.

agree on all those , Christie was quite promising I thought, hope he can retain his place in the squad. KT was the best player on the pitch by a mile I thought