Scottish Government minister resigns over ‘inappropriate behaviour’ - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Government minister resigns over ‘inappropriate behaviour’

so it begins to hit Holyrood now and a SNP minister ... silly man

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-government-minister-resigns-over-inappropriate-behaviour-1-4605112

Mark McDonald has resigned as Nicola Sturgeon’s children’s minister after admitting inappropriate behaviour. The scandal over the conduct of UK politicians claimed its first Holyrood scalp when Mr McDonald released a statement admitting his behaviour may have made others uncomfortable. Mr McDonald,37, said he would remain as Aberdeen Donside MSP which he has served since the 2011 Scottish election. Formerly regarded as one of the SNP’s rising stars, Mr McDonald issued an unreserved apology to those he may have upset. His statement said: “It has been brought to my attention that some of my previous actions have been considered to be inappropriate – where I have believed myself to have been merely humorous or attempting to be friendly, my behaviour might have made others uncomfortable or led them to question my intentions.

etc etc

31 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

That statement seems awful flimsy for a resignation .....

i don't know what to think of it all, apparently one of the complaints against a mp  in westminster was for hugging the complainant  .... where do you draw the line ?

While we should all be understanding of different people boundaries, we all have different boundaries.

Im not a touchy feely person, but providing they don’t “slip the haun” I’m not going to expect someone to resign because a hug made me slightly uncomfortable.

Probably more a point fir the other thread, but I can see this all getting a bit ridiculous.

Edited by sbcmfc

13 hours ago, FuNsTeR said:

i don't know what to think of it all, apparently one of the complaints against a mp  in westminster was for hugging the complainant  .... where do you draw the line ?

IMO hugging is way beyond "the line". When did we turn into a nation of huggers. It never used to happen. All this hugging nonsense is one of these modern ideas we could well do without. 

I'm not too keen on hand shaking either. You never know where those hands have been, although I've got a good idea.

23 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

IMO hugging is way beyond "the line". When did we turn into a nation of huggers. It never used to happen. All this hugging nonsense is one of these modern ideas we could well do without. 

I'm not too keen on hand shaking either. You never know where those hands have been, although I've got a good idea.

Spot on, why when we meet someone do we need to embrace?

I decided to explain to the " Happy Huggers"  that there is no need for this nonsense. 

Guy on guy is the worst. 

1 minute ago, teecee- said:

I decided to explain to the " Happy Huggers"  that there is no need for this nonsense. 

Guy on guy is the worst. 

correct, personal space for me is at least a metre

anything closer is just creepy

Willie Coffey MSP is in the mire too now. As with McDonald, the allegations about him are not criminal in nature but concern inappropriate behaviour.

Perhaps a welcome little gesture of contrition from them would be to donate part of their (generous) MSP salary for the next few months to women's charities ?

Not good at all.

The snp came out very early saying two msp's were being investigated, i sense a bit of politicking here,, i have heard through the grape vine that other party's are up to their kneck in it, so if the snp come out with lets face it "trivial" allegations then  It will force the hamd of the other holyrood party's.The steady trickle will turn into a flood i have nea doot

22 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

While we should all be understanding of different people boundaries, we all have different boundaries.

Im not a touchy feely person, but providing they don’t “slip the haun” I’m not going to expect someone to resign because a hug made me slightly uncomfortable.

Probably more a point fir the other thread, but I can see this all getting a bit ridiculous.

but your not allowed to say that

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

8 hours ago, teecee- said:

Guy on guy is the worst. 

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

correct, personal space for me is at least a metre

anything closer is just creepy

I'm glad we have sensible posters on here.

Keep your distance , Scotland isn't too bad, on the continent you have to kiss cheeks and everything.

You just need to nod or make eye contact to acknowledge someone.

You shouldnt act that way if you dont know the woman or have no idea how they would react to that sort of patter

And i mean patter - occasionally either of you thowing in a rude or crude jest in a carry on type of innuendo way

Personalities play a massive part also

Your average Joe should really know this

Unwarranted touching or feeling someone up is a whole different ball game - to keep with that innuendo - and not on

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

and I meant it too, you sanctimonious little scrote

:lol: 

What a sad wee loser you truly are. We both know you'd only do that from the safety of your computer. 

Bawbag. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: 

What a sad wee loser you truly are. We both know you'd only do that from the safety of your computer. 

Bawbag. 

we both know nothing of the sort, it can't be argued against that you are a sanctimonious, argumentative little shit.

you even go as far as following people around other threads to keep arguing because you just can't let it go.

that's bawbag behaviour

Edited by vanderark14

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

we both know nothing of the sort, it can't be argued against that you are a sanctimonious, argumentative little shit.

you even go as far as following people around other threads to keep arguing because you just can't let it go.

that's bawbag behaviour

1. We both certainly do know it. 
2. I'm argumentative, no arguments on that. I'm not sanctimonious, nor little, nor a shite. You know nothing about me or who and what i am. 
3. You've initiated this whole argument for no reason. The only one who can be described as "following people around" or exhibiting "bawbag behaviour" here is you. 

Now put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

1. We both certainly do know it. 
2. I'm argumentative, no arguments on that. I'm not sanctimonious, nor little, nor a shite. You know nothing about me or who and what i am. 
3. You've initiated this whole argument for no reason. The only one who can be described as "following people around" or exhibiting "bawbag behaviour" here is you. 

Now put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. 

every single word you wrote is nonsense, you tried to keep an argument going from another thread so I told you to eff off and wait in the other thread.

ah, the parkie default. "put me on ignore if you don't like my posts". As I've said before, you could maybe take a look at yourself and stop being an argumentative ##### but that would be asking too much of you. How does life feel up on that high horse of yours?

I'll clarify now, I would have no issue telling you that you are a sanctimonious argumentative twat if you were sitting right next to me. The only reason you say I wouldn't is because you want to some how save face with people on here.