Hamilton - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hamilton

Sorry - never seen this

For future there are a bucketload of parking spaces behind the county buildings on Beckford Street off Almada Street

You can also chance the retail park car parks at Sainsburys and Morrisons 

There is the peacock cross triangle of pubs - Academical Vaults, Bar West and The Tap Room

8 hours ago, slasher said:

Never mind all that, get their abortion of a pitch banned!

Yep. It's not even a good astroturf. Ball bobbles all over the place when passed on the ground. 

Hopefully we finally get rid of them from the division this season. 

10 hours ago, slasher said:

Never mind all that, get their abortion of a pitch banned!

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yep. It's not even a good astroturf. Ball bobbles all over the place when passed on the ground. 

Hopefully we finally get rid of them from the division this season. 

Derek Ferguson was trying to defend it on a bit I heard of sportsound on Saturday, he reckoned he’d seen some good games on it, therefore it’s fine.

I think it’s terrible, the one at Spartans/Edinburgh City was better. In fact the one I play 7s on is better, NDP has got an uneven bounce all over the park and you constantly see players wildly misjudging the bounce on it. It’s the same for both teams, but it probably drags better teams down to Hamilton’s level.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Derek Ferguson was trying to defend it on a bit I heard of sportsound on Saturday, he reckoned he’d seen some good games on it, therefore it’s fine.

I think it’s terrible, the one at Spartans/Edinburgh City was better. In fact the one I play 7s on is better, NDP has got an uneven bounce all over the park and you constantly see players wildly misjudging the bounce on it. It’s the same for both teams, but it probably drags better teams down to Hamilton’s level.

Absolute horseshite 

Accies have a better away record to that at home and the pitch passed the latest FIFA test 2 weeks ago 

20 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Absolute horseshite 

Accies have a better away record to that at home and the pitch passed the latest FIFA test 2 weeks ago 

So even accies can’t play on it.

:P

(That stat will hold more weight when they’ve played everyone home and away)

I know they’re you’re team and you’re right to defend them, but do you genuinely believe that’s a decent surface?

I get the benefits, as they use it 7 days a week, but it’s a horrible surface I’ve rarely seen any football break out on.

Edited by sbcmfc

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

So even accies can’t play on it.

:P

(That stat will hold more weight when they’ve played everyone home and away)

I know they’re you’re team and you’re right to defend them, but do you genuinely believe that’s a decent surface?

I get the benefits, as they use it 7 days a week, but it’s a horrible surface I’ve rarely seen any football break out on.

When Accies got promotion from the first division it was the same argument until the home and away records were read out 

Every season Accies record away has been equal or better to their home record

If the standard of player in Scotland was better they would have no issue with the pitch

The pitch actually encourages the playing of football which most teams in Scotland are adverse to

We have Clydesdale horses running about a pitch designed for whippets 

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The pitch actually encourages the playing of football which most teams in Scotland are adverse to

The ball can hardly be passed along the ground on that joke of a surface. 

You can't turn Hamilton's shite park in to the fault of everyone else. 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The ball can hardly be passed along the ground on that joke of a surface. 

You can't turn Hamilton's shite park in to the fault of everyone else. 

I know you like to think you know more than FIFA but you dont 

I also think you will find it is supporters of other teams that are blaming the pitch for their teams being shite actually 

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I know you like to think you know more than FIFA but you dont 

Nope. I don't like to think that at all. I merely observed a game on Saturday where both teams struggled to play decent quality football due to the surface they were playing on. 

I would've thought that it'd frustrate a Hamilton fan that his team, who try to play football on the ground, struggle to do so because of their own pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I also think you will find it is supporters of other teams that are blaming the pitch for their teams being shite actually 

I'm not blaming it for my team being shite either. I'm merely stating that it's a terrible surface. Other astroturfs are far better. The one at Falkirk, for example, is really good. 

16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I like Accies pitch, mainly because we pump them every time we play them on it these days.

That said, our record at RP is worse than sh1te.

Killie apparently very keen to go back to a grass pitch next season.

Hamilton's pitch is terrible.  Bounces are crap and unnatural and even when the ball is being played along the ground it's in mid air half the time.  Been told (by an SPFL Manager) that Hamilton have way more injuries than anyone else and it's attributable to the pitch. 

I cringe when that pitch is on the tele. Bet if you asked the Hamilton players what they wanted, it would be a grass pitch.

40 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Hamilton's pitch is terrible.  Bounces are crap and unnatural and even when the ball is being played along the ground it's in mid air half the time. 

How often have you played on it to come to that conclusion ?

40 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Been told (by an SPFL Manager) that Hamilton have way more injuries than anyone else and it's attributable to the pitch. 

Which SPFL manager was this and when ? 

Before or after the upgrade ?

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Killie apparently very keen to go back to a grass pitch next season.

Hamilton's pitch is terrible.  Bounces are crap and unnatural and even when the ball is being played along the ground it's in mid air half the time.  Been told (by an SPFL Manager) that Hamilton have way more injuries than anyone else and it's attributable to the pitch. 

I cringe when that pitch is on the tele. Bet if you asked the Hamilton players what they wanted, it would be a grass pitch.

We'll be back on grass as soon as our training centre gets sorted.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

How often have you played on it to come to that conclusion ?

Which SPFL manager was this and when ? 

Before or after the upgrade ?

You don't have to play it to see how bad it is!!  The bounces and bobbles are perfectly evident from watching it at close quarters and from hearing the opinion of those on have to play on it. Which SPFL manager isn't really relevant - but it was last week. A lot of clubs visiting will pick teams based the fact they are on that pitch (i.e. no older players or guys with suspect knees etc).

What upgrade has the pitch had?  There was no difference in the pitch on Saturday to any other visit in recent years.  

I'm most certainly not having a go at Hamilton, and I can understand some of their justification for having a plastic pitch.  It just so happens that it's sh1t.

Accies spent £300,000 having the pitch relaid to the highest FIFA standards in 2015/2016 - after the original pitch was blamed for a couple of bad injuries in an Accies v Thistle game 

8 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Artificial pitches in the top flight are an embarrassment, regardless of how FIFA approved they may be or otherwise.

News just in

Scottish top flight football in the main has been an embarrassment for the last 10 years and little has been down to artificial surfaces

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Accies spent £300,000 having the pitch relaid to the highest FIFA standards in 2015/2016 - after the original pitch was blamed for a couple of bad injuries in an Accies v Thistle game 

Fvck off with yar FIFA standards pish. According to them the death trap shitehole I stood in Minsk a few years ago was fit for international football. Use instead the evidence of your own eyes, or if they're not working too well listen to what professional footballers are saying.........it's shite!

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Fvck off with yar FIFA standards pish. According to them the death trap shitehole I stood in Minsk a few years ago was fit for international football. Use instead the evidence of your own eyes, or if they're not working too well listen to what professional footballers are saying.........it's shite!

Your Minsk point is moot. 

Artificial surfaces and FIFA's standards have moved on since then 

Which professional footballers say it's shite ?

Third and fourth rate Scottish players that are looking for any excuse to detract from their lack of talent ?

But you are right - i am sure when FIFA are organising these things they make sure nobody that has actually played football gets to make the decision never mind testing it out for a period of time .....

I wonder how many of the young Icelandic stars who were at the Euros and going to the World cup have been interviewed on how shite artificial pitches are 

Its been amplified in the "New Scotland Manager" threads and now here how completely delusional and arrogant we are :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I wonder how many of the young Icelandic stars who were at the Euros and going to the World cup have been interviewed on how shite artificial pitches are 

Its been amplified in the "New Scotland Manager" threads and now here how completely delusional and arrogant we are :lol: 

There are some good ones.  I would agree the Hamilton pitch is not one of them though, from what I have seen.  Albeit only 3 or 4 games to be fair.  What jumped out at me and think someone else mentioned it, when you pass the ball along the floor, it jumps and bobbles up and down, and have seen it happen to players just as it gets to them, making it more difficult to control.  Generally that doesn't happen on good astro or decent grass.