Watering holes - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Watering holes

FANDABBYDOZZY

3 hours ago, FANDABBYDOZZY said:

Anywhere decent in Aberdeen for a bevy before & after the game ?

Depends what you’re after. 

Top end of union street has plenty bars where you can walk round to justice mill lane and down to windmill brae (which I believe has a TA doo in campus or whatever it’s called nowadays) also has lots to cater for. 

Belmont Street, is another option, just off of union street, plenty bars and clubs there, student types (revolution, vodka bar etc). 

Also market street and around that area has a good few boozers, which would be your closest stopping point if you’re getting the train. 

Around the Train Station, plenty of traditional bars:  Aitchies (no frills), Old Kings Highway (historical), Moorings (live music rock/punk).

Around the Castlegate, no frills:  Old Blackfriars (food), Wig (good jukebox), Portals (serious drinking), the Castle (more serious drinking) and the Belmont (oblivion drinking).

Down King St/near Pittodrie:  The Kings (small), The Pittodrie (football pub), Bobbin Mill (studenty).

Wanna go off piste (Docks)?:  Regent Bridge, Fittie Bar, St Clements. 

Fill yer boots.  I know I will...