Question Time Tonight - Page 104 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

Daily Mail cnt is a cnt.

Audience are mainly lunatics.

The woman in the audience who was so far up Mays erse was an utter embarrassment, she looked like she was spitting blood.

The guy chucked out, why couldnt he just shut his gob.

Ian Blackford isnt very good, still cant believe the idiots up north got rid of Angus Robertson.

Without wanting to sound cruel, but surely this is the most genetically defected audience ever. Is inbreeding an issue down there, bobble eyes, one eye, massive boils, squint mouth, scary eyes, most audience members look a bit odd to say the least.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Without wanting to sound cruel, but surely this is the most genetically defected audience ever. Is inbreeding an issue down there, bobble eyes, one eye, massive boils, squint mouth, scary eyes, most audience members look a bit odd to say the least.

Why was it in Edinburgh again? 

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

Ian Blackford isnt very good, still cant believe the idiots up north got rid of Angus Robertson.

Give him a chance, thought he did pretty well on QT last night.  It'll be interesting to see how he does in PMQs and the like where Robertson was so impressive. 

I've seen him at a couple of away games as well, so that gets a :ok: from me.

Tell me what good has ever come from question time?  Nothing actually gets resolved, then it continues the farce a week later somewhere else.Sounds like it was turning a bit Jeremy Kyle by the sounds of last nights episodes, which I always thought might happen.The constant fking applause after every point done my head in aswell. If clapping was banned on it I might consider watching it again.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:22 PM, Toepoke said:

I've been quite impressed with Ian Blackford so far tbh. I like his calm assured manner.

Me too. From what I've seen of him so far on TV, he seems to put his points over calmly and clearly. I think most folk are getting fed up of "SHOUTY" politicians.

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Me too. From what I've seen of him so far on TV, he seems to put his points over calmly and clearly. I think most folk are getting fed up of "SHOUTY" politicians.

And me oddly..thought he was calm and assured, unlike the mailman or some of the cast of "toss me to the devil"..

On 23/06/2017 at 0:22 PM, Toepoke said:

I've been quite impressed with Ian Blackford so far tbh. I like his calm assured manner.

He is the MP to a lad i know who was going through a very tough time and mr blackford helped him out a great deal,, ganve him a great deal of his time ,, only heard good things from his constituents,

27 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

He is the MP to a lad i know who was going through a very tough time and mr blackford helped him out a great deal,, ganve him a great deal of his time ,, only heard good things from his constituents,

I think he was the only SNP MP to increase their majority at the election.

35 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I think he was the only SNP MP to increase their majority at the election.

Kate forbes the msp for the area seems to be very well thought of also,always very visable to their constituents, the pair seem to have a good thing going up there.Maybe some lessons to be learned from ither party mp/msp's

Liam Fox, Labour MP Stella Creasy, editor-in-chief of The Economist Zanny Minton Beddoes, founder and editor of left-wing news site The Canary Kerry-Anne Mendoza, and LBC radio host Nick Ferrari.

just two politicians, and 3 opinion-shapers, will that improve things?

Liam Fox representing Scotland and the DUP?

I tend to fall asleep during QT these days as it's pretty boring and repetitive.  However the last few weeks I have noticed that the audiences have become quite aggressive, and generally if there is any suggestion of anything other than the hardest of Brexits there are angry shouts from the audience.  Just a matter of time before there's a full scale riot.  They also don't seem to like Scotland much.

22 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I tend to fall asleep during QT these days as it's pretty boring and repetitive.  However the last few weeks I have noticed that the audiences have become quite aggressive, and generally if there is any suggestion of anything other than the hardest of Brexits there are angry shouts from the audience.  Just a matter of time before there's a full scale riot.  They also don't seem to like Scotland much.

I can just imagine the type. Its usually the same BritNat ####wits that i speak to here who always seem to go apeshit when i mention I can't detect a russian accent in their voice when they say 'we won the war'.

Edit: 1314 posts. 6 days late but never mind.

Edited by scoobydoo

• 3 months later...

When Question Time comes from Scotland there's often a lot of complaints that the panels and audience don't reflect the realities of the Scottish politics.

Tonight's show is from Belfast and the panel takes the biscuit.

Some dude from the DUP, another from Sinn Fein, fair enough, they are the two largest parties in NI.

Then you might logically expect someone from the SDLP and UUP, or maybe radically, the Alliance Party or NI Greens.  Maybe even someone from the ROI to give some form of context on Brexit from there.

No, it's Theresa Villiers, English Tory MP and former Secretary of State for Northern Ireland and Owen Smith, Welsh Labour MP and current shadow Secretary of State for NI.

Labour doesn't even exist as a political party in Northern Ireland.  The Tories do but they are an irrelevance, in the last GE, they got less than 4000 votes.

The final panellist is some film director who apart from the fact one of his films was Nuns on the Run, it isn't immediately apparent what his connection to Northern Ireland is.

All true, but while the programme may be coming from Northern Ireland it's broadcast to the rest of the UK. I'd assume that NI gets its own political discussion programmes (though I have no actual notion whether or not this is the case). I also assume that mainland politics is of pragmatic interest to the Northern Irish electorate, since the continuation of their state depends on it to a great extent, and none of the unrepresented parties you mention have much sway in mainland politics. So all in all, I can see where the producers are coming from ...

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

All true, but while the programme may be coming from Northern Ireland it's broadcast to the rest of the UK. I'd assume that NI gets its own political discussion programmes (though I have no actual notion whether or not this is the case).

Yep, it does