The List - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Boboblanko said:

I'm not saying men are oppressed - you are the one who took that implication from the post.  All I am suggesting is balance. To have a debate called "The problem with men," is sexist and tars all men with the same brush and throws out the message all men are abusers, rapists and sexually harass women. Of course there are men who do,  but it is dangerous to imply it is ALL men. 

I haven't heard anyone say that all men are sexist or rapist.

The only people complaining are the lunatic "Men's rights" nutters.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If Mr X raped/felt up/forcefully propositioned Miss Y then they should be facing the consequences.

Women are not pieces of meat we can just throw about.

I don’t think anyone would argue with that.

I can however see the point that there’s a difference between Harvey Weinstein and some workplace flirtation, however inappropriate.

8 hours ago, Bino's said:

its a full on war on men at the moment

:lol: 

F.v.c.k. me. what absolute nonsense. 

Despite this "full on war on men", men still manage to be:

- Political leaders/Heads of State in all but 15 countries
- CEO of 96% of Fortune 500 companies 
- CEO's of 94% of FTSE 100 companies

Imagine how powerful men would be without this "full on war". :lol: 

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think anyone would argue with that.

I can however see the point that there’s a difference between Harvey Weinstein and some workplace flirtation, however inappropriate.

And no one is saying there isn't a difference. 

Edited by Parklife

I think a “full on war on men” is a bit extreme, but I couldn’t help shake my head when I heard the news headline, about the defence secretary resigning because of allegations he touched a reporters knee 15 years ago.

Im sure there’s more to it, but it could get pretty ridiculous if that level of incident is note worthy.

I get sexually harassed at work all the time, it’s why I get up in the morning.

:P

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I haven't heard anyone say that all men are sexist or rapist.

The only people complaining are the lunatic "Men's rights" nutters.

There was a young lady on Question Time last night saying exactly the same thing and she was not a Men's right nutter. In fact,  if you want to call people nutters, have a good look at some of the third wave feminists.

The issue of sexual harassment needs to be solved without blaming ALL men, which is the approach in some quarters right now.  The initial post questioned the debate on newsnight asking what the problem is with men. By implication, that says all men have a problem, which is damaging. Some men (a lot to be fair) do behave inappropriately, but it is not all of them and if you haven't heard anyone say all men are sexist, you need to listen harder. 

2 hours ago, Boboblanko said:

There was a young lady on Question Time last night saying exactly the same thing and she was not a Men's right nutter. In fact,  if you want to call people nutters, have a good look at some of the third wave feminists.

The issue of sexual harassment needs to be solved without blaming ALL men, which is the approach in some quarters right now.  The initial post questioned the debate on newsnight asking what the problem is with men. By implication, that says all men have a problem, which is damaging. Some men (a lot to be fair) do behave inappropriately, but it is not all of them and if you haven't heard anyone say all men are sexist, you need to listen harder. 

Sorry you just went and lost me with the whole militant feminist thing :lol:

There is no war against men..

Women just want to be treated respectfully. Can't see what's wrong with that.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Sorry you just went and lost me with the whole militant feminist thing :lol:

There is no war against men..

Women just want to be treated respectfully. Can't see what's wrong with that.

You don't get listening at all never mind harder.

16 hours ago, Parklife said:

F.v.c.k. me. what absolute nonsense. 

Despite this "full on war on men", men still manage to be:

- Political leaders/Heads of State in all but 15 countries
- CEO of 96% of Fortune 500 companies 
- CEO's of 94% of FTSE 100 companies

Imagine how powerful men would be without this "full on war". :lol: 

And no one is saying there isn't a difference. 

Alex Ferguson is a bully, I want all his titles stripped and a public apology

On 03/11/2017 at 7:52 PM, sbcmfc said:

I think a “full on war on men” is a bit extreme, but I couldn’t help shake my head when I heard the news headline, about the defence secretary resigning because of allegations he touched a reporters knee 15 years ago.

Im sure there’s more to it, but it could get pretty ridiculous if that level of incident is note worthy.

I get sexually harassed at work all the time, it’s why I get up in the morning.

:P

You obviously think that’s funny. If you knew someone who’d been a victim of sexual harassment, maybe had their career ruined because of it, you really wouldn’t. 

16 hours ago, Bino's said:

Alex Ferguson is a bully, I want all his titles stripped and a public apology

Write to him and ask then. 

Any evidence of this “full on war on men”? Or were you just spouting complete shite? 

If anybody thinks Michael Fallon resigned because he touched someones knee than I would suggest your naivety is befitting of that of a young child. Also, not surprised to see the usual types in the media, social media and forums like this trying to tell us this is somehow an attack on men.

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

If anybody thinks Michael Fallon resigned because he touched someones knee than I would suggest your naivety is befitting of that of a young child. Also, not surprised to see the usual types in the media, social media and forums like this trying to tell us this is somehow an attack on men.

The list is certainly growing and it is so predictable that the daily malice is desperately trying to deflect away from the tories/westminster by trying to to put the spot light onto other establishments like the bbc., but the overwhelming claims are just to many to cover up. 

Maybe the mail is trying to 'normalise' these acts to the general public?

We are all aware how despicable the bbc have been in this regard. 

To those think this all an over reaction by militant feminists and the non-existant "PC brigade" against all you red blooded "he men" out there I simply pose this question.

What would your reaction be if one of your mates slapped your wife/daughter/sister on the backside or squeezed their thigh ? 

Would you really be alright with that ?

"but, but, but, it was acceptable in the auld days so it wiz ...." :rolleyes: