Are the play offs on tv? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are the play offs on tv?

bonny78

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Northern Ireland losing 1-0 to Switzerland in Belfast.

Has to be one of the worst penalty and yellow card decisions ever. For a game of this magnitude to be decided on a decision this bad is totally unacceptable and the referee concerned should be held to account and removed from the FIFA list immediately.

Diabolical.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

3 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Has to be one of the worst penalty and yellow card decisions ever. For a game of this magnitude to be decided on a decision this bad is totally unacceptable and the referee concerned should be held to account and removed from the FIFA list immediately.

Diabolical.

Aye shocking the ball hit the back of his shoulder 

1 hour ago, Doric said:

Ireland and Denmark make us look like Brazil. Who watched this dross tonight ? Ireland anti football and Denmark no imagination.

It was on in the pub but in the background with no sound fortunately. 

Really frustrating to see two teams we could've had a right go against competing for a place at Russia 18.

1 hour ago, Doric said:

Ireland and Denmark make us look like Brazil. Who watched this dross tonight ? Ireland anti football and Denmark no imagination.

To be fair to Denmark many teams have struggled against Ireland's anti football for at least the last decade

You sit hoping that anyone playing them will score early to open the game up but even then Ireland wouldnt change their strategy because they have no plan B

Even thinking that the second leg might suit Denmark more as Ireland will be more adventurous is just baws too

No doubt their fans wont be worried and rightly so but for everyone else it's an abomination of the "beautiful game"

I also think Northern Ireland will get leathered tomorrow by the Swiss

I thought 5/4 in the first leg for Switzerland was buying money but my greed got the better of me and i pooked Switzerland minus a goal

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I also think Northern Ireland will get leathered tomorrow by the Swiss

I thought 5/4 in the first leg for Switzerland was buying money but my greed got the better of me and i pooked Switzerland minus a goal

Aye, the swiss will have to much for Northern Ireland, can see them winning by a couple of goals as well as Croatia doing the same in Athens. I really hope Sweden hang on against Italy and that Denmark find a way past Ireland, don't think I could stomach having to watch they hammer throwers in Russia.

23 hours ago, Mox said:

Aye, the swiss will have to much for Northern Ireland, can see them winning by a couple of goals as well as Croatia doing the same in Athens. I really hope Sweden hang on against Italy and that Denmark find a way past Ireland, don't think I could stomach having to watch they hammer throwers in Russia.

TBF we tend not to play too bad when we get there although granted we are brutal to watch getting there

19 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Quite happy that Ireland are not going....  they are worse than us.  If we had got second, I’m confident we would have beaten them.

If you had of got second , we were out of the playoff as even a victory against Wales wouldn't have been enough, Wales would probably have won as a victory for them would of got them in the playoffs ( actually maybe at your expense - not sure) but they bottled it

On 11/12/2017 at 10:42 AM, Mox said:

Have to admit, I'd a chuckle at that description of us. :lol:

3 hours ago, Newryrep said:

not our best performance though the game was quite open for the first 20 odd minutes, we might have be 2-0 up but ended up 2-1 down and lost the plot somewhat .

Still better to have played and lost than not to have played at all;)

I agree. Ireland could have gone 2-0 up and totally changed the outcome.

And yes, you got far closer than us to qualifying.

You have to admit it's pretty dire football watching Ireland most of the times but I'm sure we'd take it any day if we could occasionally qualify.