Should We Don Poppies On Our Kits vs The Netherlands - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should We Don Poppies On Our Kits vs The Netherlands

DoonTheSlope

Should We Don Poppies On Our Kits vs The Netherlands  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should Each Player Don A Poppy On Their Kit vs The Netherlands

• Yes
    • No

it's gone from remembrance day to poppy week and now it's fekkin poppy month - buglers at the football down south in October ffs it's a piece of utter nonsense

wear one individually if you want around the 11th but please spare us the corporate opting in bullsh*t that's prevalent these days

... and while I'm at it Christmas ads on the telly tonight for asda and tesco - gtf with that an aw

15 hours ago, Topcat said:

it's gone from remembrance day to poppy week and now it's fekkin poppy month - buglers at the football down south in October ffs it's a piece of utter nonsense

wear one individually if you want around the 11th but please spare us the corporate opting in bullsh*t that's prevalent these days

... and while I'm at it Christmas ads on the telly tonight for asda and tesco - gtf with that an aw

I agree.

What finished me off was the ' poppy official merchandise ' van in Buchanan st. Selling all sorts of poppy memorabilia like its a pop  concert or sporting event. Its been there for about 2 weeks already. 

I  am fully supportive of money being collected and everyone should be aware of , and respect, the sacrifices that were made , but this is ridiculous. 

Same with Christmas, like you say.  Cards have been in some shops since August . I was walking down Argyle St last night and a pop up shop was blaring out Christmas songs. Worse still, they were cheap cover versions  😠

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Same with Christmas, like you say.  Cards have been in some shops since August . I was walking down Argyle St last night and a pop up shop was blaring out Christmas songs. Worse still, they were cheap cover versions  😠

The best of it is that's for next Christmas 

On 07/11/2017 at 7:00 AM, TAMB2 said:

You didn't get your backside skelped for saying walloper.

You got a warning for abusing a poster.

Out of interest, is there anything on here that explains about warning points? I normally use my phone and there doesn’t seem to be anything on the mobile site about it. 

Is it a three points and you’re banned for a week kind of situation or something?

23 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Out of interest, is there anything on here that explains about warning points? I normally use my phone and there doesn’t seem to be anything on the mobile site about it. 

Is it a three points and you’re banned for a week kind of situation or something?

No, nothing as formal.

When a warning is issued, the system automatically awards a point. Unfortunately, even if that "warning" is no more than a word in someone's ear. We have to go in manually and delete that point(s) if we feel that's the right thing to do.

21 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

No, nothing as formal.

When a warning is issued, the system automatically awards a point. Unfortunately, even if that "warning" is no more than a word in someone's ear. We have to go in manually and delete that point(s) if we feel that's the right thing to do.

If you feel. :lol:

21 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

No, nothing as formal.

Any chance everyone can start of with a clean slate if points were issued before the new regime took ownership?

Asking for a friend :whistling:

21 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Any chance everyone can start of with a clean slate if points were issued before the new regime took ownership?

Asking for a friend :whistling:

I don't see an issue with that. They mean nothing and only you can see them.

I'll see if we can delete them all in the one operation.

But we won't be going through everyone one at a time to do it.

18 minutes ago, TAMB2 said:

No hassle!

its good to actually have mods/admins who reply to posters

1 hour ago, TAMB2 said:

If they mean nothing then why award them? Why make it an absolute certainty that a button must be clicked to acknowledge your warning point before the board can be accessed? You are forcing posters to admit guilt when they don’t feel guilty at all.

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

If they mean nothing then why award them? Why make it an absolute certainty that a button must be clicked to acknowledge your warning point before the board can be accessed? You are forcing posters to admit guilt when they don’t feel guilty at all.

All good points.

We'll have a look.

No. If the individual wants to wear a poppy, then they should be allowed to. Forcing of players to wear a poppy is ridiculous, especially as it basically leads to a situation where players are forced to explain why they didn't wear one - like what happened with James McClean refusing to wear one.