Should We Don Poppies On Our Kits vs The Netherlands - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should We Don Poppies On Our Kits vs The Netherlands

DoonTheSlope

Should We Don Poppies On Our Kits vs The Netherlands  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should Each Player Don A Poppy On Their Kit vs The Netherlands

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Parklife said:

Seems a bit ridiculous. “Walloper” is a word which should be encouraged, no word sounds more Scottish than “walloper” 😂

The new system makes you tick a box saying you wholeheartedly agree with the warning point before you can progress any further. :lol:

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Nah it's been like that for over a year at least as that's when I got my first point 

All the years I’ve been posting I have never once received anything like a “point”. Makes it all the more ridiculous for having my backside skelped for saying walloper. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

All the years I’ve been posting I have never once received anything like a “point”. Makes it all the more ridiculous for having my backside skelped for saying walloper. :lol:

The new custodians are hopefully trying to keep the TAMB as the TAMB instead of the P&B parody which it's slowly becoming 

Ive no idea who could be contributing to the decline mind you

:whistling:

Edited by DoonTheSlope

The wearing of the poppy is/was supposed to signify remembrance of those that died in the Great War.

It was actually the Americans that used it first and the UK joined them in 1921

If that was still the reason it was worn - "Lest we Forget" - there would be no issues whatsoever.

I defy any of those that are in disgust at some people's stances to tell me in all honesty if they believe that is what they are commemorating today when they wear that wee flower

It has been hijacked and i fvcking despise those responsible

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The wearing of the poppy is/was supposed to signify remembrance of those that died in the Great War.

If that was still the reason it was worn - "Lest we Forget" - there would be no issues whatsoever.

I defy any of those that are in disgust at some people's stances to tell me in all honesty if they believe that is what they are commemorating today when they wear that wee flower

There is no doubt in my mind why I wear a poppy and that is to show that I will not forget those that died in the two world wars. Perhaps when there is no one left who can remember we should bin it.

I am not in disgust at any ones stance just those that are in disgust at mine.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I am not in disgust at any ones stance just those that are in disgust at mine.

Nobody should be in disgust with your stance and without looking back i very much doubt they are.

You wearing a poppy is different from it being foisted on a club or country's football jersey right enough

For the record - i always contribute to the appeal but wearing the poppy not so much

I usually put it on the Saturday before Remembrance Sunday

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Nobody should be in disgust with your stance and without looking back i very much doubt they are.

You wearing a poppy is different from it being foisted on a club or country's football jersey right enough

For the record - i always contribute to the appeal but wearing the poppy not so much

I usually put it on the Saturday before Remembrance Sunday

"It's time to put this nauseating, jingoistic celebration of militarism, death and destruction in the bin where it belongs :ok:"

That's the sort of thing.

12 hours ago, Ormond said:

You didn't get your backside skelped for saying walloper.

You got a warning for abusing a poster.

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

I think I asked this last year when this pantomime started...when did the poppy work it’s way into strips?

Around the time of Tony Blair possibly? Anyone know?

Think it was after Blair but I could be wrong.

Folk are getting awfa offended about something that only became the norm 10 years ago.

For the record id' have them nowhere near football strips. It should be at the very least be the players choice without a witch hunt if you choose not to wear one.

Some of the football stadiums this weekend were beyond crass. Hearts had a brilliant tribute however. Subtle and poignant. And that's a club that suffered more than most.

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

I think I asked this last year when this pantomime started...when did the poppy work it’s way into strips?

Hearts were the first team in Scotland to do it AFAIK, and that's fair enough given their history, around a decade ago I think.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Exactly. It’s a wonder how he’s able to sleep without the light on at night. :rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Imagine the kind of guy who went running and telling the internet polis on someone who's called you a "walloper". :lol: 

Especially when juxtaposed with the original description of "vile cretin".

4 hours ago, Bobster said:

What’s happened to that poster though? He’s not posted anything since.

He has previous anyway for using nastier than normal language to other posters who don’t agree with him. My walloper comment wasn’t solely for his labelling of Macy as a vile cretin. 

On 06/11/2017 at 7:07 PM, Ally Bongo said:

This.