Huns new gaffer - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

To answer some of the comments above......

You don't have to stand up for yourself by issuing childish and snide statements no. However imo if Milne had any balls he'd be pursuing a case of tapping up against the huns through the authorities.

If you lot are happy to let it slide then hey, ho. 😀

Unless of course that isn't actually how it all played out behind the scene...

16 minutes ago, slasher said:

To answer some of the comments above......

You don't have to stand up for yourself by issuing childish and snide statements no. However imo if Milne had any balls he'd be pursuing a case of tapping up against the huns through the authorities.

If you lot are happy to let it slide then hey, ho. 😀

Fair enough I guess regarding the tapping up issue.  I would just say that I think the press were shocking and complicit in what went on and we all know who drove the campaign.  The Rangers statement and response thereto is likely to serve it's own justice in time.  Any pursuit of tapping up claims would be difficult (given McInnes didn't move) and would involve time, effort, expense and leave more bitterness. Frankly, I think Milne's time and effort is better placed elsewhere.  

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Don't think they are "happy to be".  I just think they are.

:lol::lol::ok:

Amazing the debate that can start up from a simple :wave: when you say you're leaving. Thought I was being polite.  Been :wave: at the Sheep lots over the last couple of weeks, so thought it only polite to do the same as you left ;)

You may be right. 

And I didn't say I was leaving the TAMB. So no waving required. 😀 

18 hours ago, slasher said:

Not so much a statement but in a BBC interview he said the following...

'We've always had a very good relationship with Rangers, we'll work hard to make sure that we come through and relations are strengthened as we move forward. We all want to see a strong Rangers, we need that for Scottish football, and the sooner they fill their vacancy and get a good manager in and strengthen the whole set up, that's in the interests of Scottish football.'

Sheepish in the extreme. 

That sounds to me a wee bit like.....

"There's nothing like having a good run business - and Rangers are nothing like a good run business"

9 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Fair enough I guess regarding the tapping up issue.  I would just say that I think the press were shocking and complicit in what went on and we all know who drove the campaign.  The Rangers statement and response thereto is likely to serve it's own justice in time.  Any pursuit of tapping up claims would be difficult (given McInnes didn't move) and would involve time, effort, expense and leave more bitterness. Frankly, I think Milne's time and effort is better placed elsewhere.  

A few years ago Calderwood was on Off the Ball, he admitted he had been tapped by Willie Miller, everything was agreed before Dunfermline even knew about it. I thought that was how these things worked in fitba.

2 hours ago, Flure said:

That sounds to me a wee bit like.....

"There's nothing like having a good run business - and Rangers are nothing like a good run business"

Which is what he said. I can’t quote him, but he did say they were in a mess and they needed to get sorted. 

13 hours ago, Jon Cutler said:

A few years ago Calderwood was on Off the Ball, he admitted he had been tapped by Willie Miller, everything was agreed before Dunfermline even knew about it. I thought that was how these things worked in fitba.

Presumably Dunfermline didn't pursue the "alleged" tapping claims for the same reasons Aberdeen didn't.  "Alleged" in the sense that Calderwood spoke a considerable amount of shite on a considerably regular basis.  At one stage in his tenure with Aberdeen "he had half of the championship teams in England after him". That worked out well for him when he was sacked!

Just for the avoidance of doubt - on a slightly different but related issue (and in case you are implying some form of hypocrisy from Aberdeen), I haven't heard any Aberdeen fan complaining about losing players to Celtic or Rangers - most are well aware of the fact that we have stripped ICT bare over the years.

Truth is, I think it probably is how these things work in fitba.....

Edited by SMcoolJ

12 hours ago, Lamia said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Aye fair enough, I was wrong, I'm pleased for you :ok:

Interestingly, 6/6 (Both away) after putting 'it' to bed, following 4/15 during the 6 week  'Pantomime.'

Personally? I'm happy DM has stayed. 

Make no mistake though, his job has just got a whole load harder by the way of how it was played out. Which was what I based my opinion on.

Anyway, we move on.......

On 12/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Presumably Dunfermline didn't pursue the "alleged" tapping claims for the same reasons Aberdeen didn't.  "Alleged" in the sense that Calderwood spoke a considerable amount of shite on a considerably regular basis.  At one stage in his tenure with Aberdeen "he had half of the championship teams in England after him". That worked out well for him when he was sacked!

Just for the avoidance of doubt - on a slightly different but related issue (and in case you are implying some form of hypocrisy from Aberdeen), I haven't heard any Aberdeen fan complaining about losing players to Celtic or Rangers - most are well aware of the fact that we have stripped ICT bare over the years.

Nothing beats the hypocrisy and faux outrage of fitba fans, managers, players, owners.

On 12/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Ryan Jack?