Huns new gaffer - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

Not gonna lie, it looked like McInnes was coming to Ibrox and I was hoping he would as I do think he would do well.

But staying at Aberdeen, what else can he achieve? You don't get any prizes for second place. 

1 hour ago, GRBear said:

Not gonna lie, it looked like McInnes was coming to Ibrox and I was hoping he would as I do think he would do well.

But staying at Aberdeen, what else can he achieve? You don't get any prizes for second place. 

I wouldn't rule out a Scottish Cup and the Europa Group stage.

7 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club

😂😂😂. Surely it was ended with a loud and proud “WATP” before taking to the sky in a Spitfire 

4 hours ago, GRBear said:

Concomitant risk!!!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, GRBear said:

What can he achieve at rangers that he can't achieve at Aberdeen? Bizarre comment there bear. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

That is a pathetic statement from our board and to attack the character of McInnes lacks class. 

Totally agree Eddard. What purpose does it serve other than to make the author look like a childish tantrum throwing clown? 

The sooner we employ some grown ups in the Comms side of things the better. 

Quite happy to have Murty instead of McInnes though for the obvious reasons. 

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Have to agree.

Taking the team with the 2nd/3rd biggest budget in the top flight to 2nd/3rd in the top flight and winning a league cup isn’t exactly threatening Alex Ferguson’s legacy.

:lol:

I know it’s near impossible to progress in Europe and impossible to compete with a club like Celtic as long as they keep their house in order, but what McInnes has “achieved” at Aberdeen is distinctly par.

What Stuart McCall managed at fir park was far more impressive in my opinion and Steven Robinson definitely has the potential to trump him too. By creating teams greater than the sum of their parts.

Mcinnes is on a bit of a hiding to nothing to be fair to him, he can’t teally exceed expectations.

What a heep of shite,

mcinnes can win more trophies and also target the Europa group stages.

robinson has been here five minutes, acts like an angry Ned and now he’s a messiah:lol:

once moult goes, Robinson will be found out

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What a heep of shite,

mcinnes can win more trophies and also target the Europa group stages.

robinson has been here five minutes, acts like an angry Ned and now he’s a messiah:lol:

once moult goes, Robinson will be found out

So what has McInnes done at Aberdeen?

Not to say he’d be better off at Ibrox, I’m just not convinced he’s done anything spectacular at Aberdeen.

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not to say he’d be better off at Ibrox, I’m just not convinced he’s done anything spectacular at Aberdeen.

Mcinnes has won a cup, our first in almost 20 years

He installed a professionalism which was missing from the club

Led us to cup finals, one of which we narrowly lost. We've been the 2nd force in the country since he came in.

Compared to where we were, thats an acheivment 

Its time to take that next step by winning another cup and getting to the Europa group stages. He not over achieved yet but he can.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Just you focus on paying your employees the minimum wage.:P

Edited by SMcoolJ

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

I look forward to the fitba podcast, I hope Boyd is as bad as I assume he will be.

He is everything thats wrong with our game, and unintelligent idiot who thinks our game consists of two teams, he should never be given air time, its only the RFC link that gets him media gigs, he offers absolutely nothing in terms of analysis, interesting viewpoints or insight into the game.

Stewart and Thompson must look at him and think WTF.

Bang on kumnio

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

● 4 years before DM 9th 9th 9th 8th
● 4 years under DM 3rd 2nd 2nd 2nd
● Under DM won 1st cup in 19yrs
● before DM no Finals in 13yrs, Under DM 3 in 4yrs
● record ST sales
● Under DM average attendance has increased 66.7%
● Under DM Turnover increased from 7.85m to 15.2m 

Not that much I guess...but I'd settle for it as a dons fan.

46 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Totally agree Eddard. What purpose does it serve other than to make the author look like a childish tantrum throwing clown? 

The sooner we employ some grown ups in the Comms side of things the better. 

Quite happy to have Murty instead of McInnes though for the obvious reasons. 

Im glad decent gers fans can see through traynors sh*t.

34 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

● 4 years before DM 9th 9th 9th 8th
● 4 years under DM 3rd 2nd 2nd 2nd
● Under DM won 1st cup in 19yrs
● before DM no Finals in 13yrs, Under DM 3 in 4yrs
● record ST sales
● Under DM average attendance has increased 66.7%
● Under DM Turnover increased from 7.85m to 15.2m 

Not that much I guess...but I'd settle for it as a dons fan.

Nice summary 'Stewarty' - Cheers!   :lol::lol::P

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

Last night’s one? Who was all on it?

The guests were Derek Ferguson, Tom English and Chris MCGlaughlin but they got Michael Stewart and Kris Boyd on.

Boyd made a bigger melt of himself than he ever has done.