Huns new gaffer - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

You can often hear Tom English and Michael Stwewart gasping when Kris Boyd opens his fat monster munch filled gob

That was pathetic tonight from Boyd.

His inartculate witterings and his open adoration of all things Sevco make Derek Ferguson sound like an accomplished broadcaster by comparison.

1 hour ago, Haggis_trap said:

Some truth in that....
Have to admit I owe Derek some humble pie.
Fair play to him - pleasantly surprised what ever the reasons.
It is not good for Scottish football when the old firm milk the small teams dry of their talent.

McInnes could potentially do 5-10 years at the Dons and become a real legend.
As opposed to two years at Ibrox then out the revolving door.

Milking them of their talent?

They were looking at McIness. Talent? They’ve dodged a bullet if he is indeed staying put. 

To become a legend surely you need to do something that is legendary?

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

They were looking at McIness. Talent? They’ve dodged a bullet if he is indeed staying put. 

Have to agree.

Taking the team with the 2nd/3rd biggest budget in the top flight to 2nd/3rd in the top flight and winning a league cup isn’t exactly threatening Alex Ferguson’s legacy.

:lol:

I know it’s near impossible to progress in Europe and impossible to compete with a club like Celtic as long as they keep their house in order, but what McInnes has “achieved” at Aberdeen is distinctly par.

What Stuart McCall managed at fir park was far more impressive in my opinion and Steven Robinson definitely has the potential to trump him too. By creating teams greater than the sum of their parts.

Mcinnes is on a bit of a hiding to nothing to be fair to him, he can’t teally exceed expectations.

Edited by sbcmfc

^ he he....

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Whats wrong ?
The wee diddy team not roll over and have belly tickled in the manner expected ?

You can have the 6pts and we will keep McInnes.
Don't worry - you couldn't afford him anyway ;)
Dons *might* still finish second again as a result  - and you know it.

Edited by Haggis_trap

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club

1 minute ago, Haggis_trap said:

^ he he....

Whats wrong ?
The wee diddy team not roll over and have belly tickled in the manner expected ?

You can have the 6pts and we will keep McInnes.
Don't worry - you could afford him anyway ;)
Dons *might* still finish second again as a result  - and you know it.

What’s wrong? Only thing I see wrong is the Huns didn’t get him sadly for me.

Good period of Salary saving for the Huns though so the fans should see this as a positive however I find it incredible that they’ve still to appoint anyone after all this time. Surely Murty has to get the gig now?

oh my... The Rangers statement is pure gold.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position,” the statement read.

“This was declined. 

“We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. 

“We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. 

“We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.”

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

That hun statement released tonight is beyond parody

They really need to keep Jim Traynor away from the crayons when he’s angry!

:lol:

Its like a schoolboy that got a knock back at the Christmas disco.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Given the last couple of matches I'm happy that Murty stays, I wonder whether Aberdeen fans feel the same way about McInnes?

I would have been gutted after the Cup Final, given how we played for 60-70 minutes. However this season his tactics have been questionable, the strange stand 10 yards off every Celtic and The Rangers players and let them do what they want the worst. His signings haven't been great either and seem to have been done on past reputation rather than current form. I had come round to thinking it wouldn't be a disaster if he left and we got £1M to rebuild as a lot of players need replaced next summer.

I look forward to the fitba podcast, I hope Boyd is as bad as I assume he will be.

He is everything thats wrong with our game, and unintelligent idiot who thinks our game consists of two teams, he should never be given air time, its only the RFC link that gets him media gigs, he offers absolutely nothing in terms of analysis, interesting viewpoints or insight into the game.

Stewart and Thompson must look at him and think WTF.

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

That statement is brilliant, total temper tantrum by a spoilt kid.

The magnificent omnipotence of it is a joy to behold. The Huns really are the 'Fawlty Towers' of Scottish football.

What a time to be alive! 😁

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Not according to AFC Chat, pretty extreme stuff there. But that was earlier, prob changed their minds now. Rangers fans generally happy, just rightly fecked with board for yet another fiasco. 

Hurting?

Edited by SMcoolJ