Huns new gaffer - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

In that case would you agree that clubs shouldn't be allowed to sack managers during the season.

Nah - they just cant move to another club in same division.

McInnes has been at idiot - the longer saga goes on the worse it will look if he leaves.
Though I think huns put him in an impossible situation.
They know his head is turned by job but delayed making an approach / formal offer by correct channels.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

In that case would you agree that clubs shouldn't be allowed to sack managers during the season.

They would just be put on “gardening leave”. Why shouldn’t you be allowed to sack an employee who’s not doing a good job.

Players can be dropped, not like you can drop a manager to get him to up his game.

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I don’t think McInnes has done much wrong. Aberdeen fans are greeting because he’s not come out and ended speculation. Why would he do that, when he’s clearly interested in moving to a bigger club. Would be pretty daft to put off future employers and close doors before they are even open.

I don’t think Aberdeen have done much wrong ether - they came out with supporting statement then refused talks, but ultimately can’t stop the inevitable.

That being said, it would be poor judgement on the part of McInnes to take up the Rangers job. It’s a terrible club, run by idiots. It’ll be hell for him if he takes it up.

The media have been disgraceful. Acting as agents for Rangers and promoting their interests. They have failed in their duty to act in the public interest, and instead have acted to promote vested interests. Their conduct has been unprofessional at best and unlawful at worst

officially the door was not open but the huns have used the media to offer him the job, ironically a banned from ibrox journalist to do their dirty work for them. This is the part that pisses me off, the BBC in particular have continued with hun PR campaign to unsettle mcinnes and the team. They have played an aboslute blinder here and nobody will say a word against it.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

F@ck me Kris void at it again - delivering us pearls of wisdom. Says if McInnis goes it's Aberdeen fault cos they haven't built a new stadium yet. Oh and apparently rangers are a better club. Fact. 

:ok:

he'd be better off wearing a hun coloured mini skirt and grabbing some pom poms, he's the ultimate hun cheerleader, I feel sorry for Killie and their fans. If clarke had any balls he'd stop the clown from doing any media. His actions are totally disrespectful to his employers

1 hour ago, McFootSoldier said:

No reason managers should not get the sack if not doing their job properly.  

Players/managers moving between clubs in the same league during the season their could be a conflict of interest.  Same as loaning players to teams in the same league.

21 minutes ago, ibelieve!!! said:

They would just be put on “gardening leave”. Why shouldn’t you be allowed to sack an employee who’s not doing a good job.

Players can be dropped, not like you can drop a manager to get him to up his game.

So you can sack a manager that is under-performing but a manager who is over-performing is not allowed to move to a job that he feels is better for him?

That doesn't sound very equitable.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

So when Mark McGhee left Motherwell to go to Aberdeen, that shouldn't have happened then?

It was perfectly fine as it was during the summer. Craig Brown going from Motherwell to Aberdeen couldn't happen unless Aberdeen were prepared to wait till the end of the season.

1 minute ago, drew said:

It was perfectly fine as it was during the summer. Craig Brown going from Motherwell to Aberdeen couldn't happen unless Aberdeen were prepared to wait till the end of the season.

He didn't mention anything about the summer though did he.

Lets face it, this is just yet another occasion when football fans are completely hypocritical.   They don't like it when one of their players or members of staff are tapped up but are not so fussed when its their team doing it.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Lets face it, this is just yet another occasion when football fans are completely hypocritical.   They don't like it when one of their players or members of staff are tapped up but are not so fussed when its their team doing it.

Its what football fans do best

Just now, aaid said:

I thought it was obvious that he was meaning you couldn't move during the season.

I've never understood why we have a transfer window for players but not managers. You can still sack a manager but if you want an immediate replacement you will have to get one that is unemployed. Otherwise wait till the window opens to get him from another club.

The idea of a manager not being able to move to another club in the same division sounds a good idea to me. Plenty of other countries do it.

3 minutes ago, drew said:

I thought it was obvious that he was meaning you couldn't move during the season.

I've never understood why we have a transfer window for players but not managers. You can still sack a manager but if you want an immediate replacement you will have to get one that is unemployed. Otherwise wait till the window opens to get him from another club.

The idea of a manager not being able to move to another club in the same division sounds a good idea to me. Plenty of other countries do it.

And same league loans - ban them.  Utter nonsense.

59 minutes ago, aaid said:

Uhhhm : Did you not read the previous page when initial suggestion was made ?

>> "I think there is good argument that managers shouldn't be able to move to another club during season"

Now : players can obviously become cup tied to certain teams. 
Plus they can only move teams during defined transfer windows.
So why not similiar rules for managers ?

In theory Derek McInnes could have played 3 at back against Rangers at Ibrox because he knew where his next pay check was coming from.
McInnes could easily be the difference between 2nd and 3rd place for both teams.
Plus he is now competing against an Aberdeen team for second place that he knows inside out. 
A whole load of potential sport integrity issues even if the tapping up is ignored.

Edited by Haggis_trap

46 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

And same league loans - ban them.  Utter nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And buying players and immediately sending them out on loan (although that seems to be more of an EPL thing).  You either want the player or you don't.

Fully agree. Screws us with Christie but it is ridiculous.

Going off topic but I would love to see a proper restriction on the number of players that can be registered at a club. Could be 33 players 18 and older with maximum of 22 being 21 and older. If you have over the maximum number you have till a certain date to reduce the number by selling or sending players on loan for a season. Any players that have not been moved on after the date are made available for loan with no fees to teams in the division below with the worst team getting first pick (some kind of draft system). Would need to be implemented world wide to work.

26 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And buying players and immediately sending them out on loan (although that seems to be more of an EPL thing).  You either want the player or you don't.

That's been happening in Italy for decades.

It's probably not the only country either.

1 hour ago, drew said:

Going off topic but I would love to see a proper restriction on the number of players that can be registered at a club. Could be 33 players 18 and older with maximum of 22 being 21 and older. If you have over the maximum number you have till a certain date to reduce the number by selling or sending players on loan for a season. 

That's the case in the big bad evil English Premiership and has been for some years.

Can only name a squad of 25 players over the age of 21, minimum of 8 players must be classed as "home-grown", no restriction on U21 players in squads.  

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

That's the case in the big bad evil English Premiership and has been for some years.

Can only name a squad of 25 players over the age of 21, minimum of 8 players must be classed as "home-grown", no restriction on U21 players in squads.  

It's a step in the right direction I just don't think it goes far enough. Some of these teams have crazy number of players aged between 18 and 21 playing in development teams. Should have enough in case of injuries and to make up numbers in reserve team. The rest go on loan to get first team football to improve themselves but also improve the quality of sides further down the league.

The loan system has certainly been hijacked, not so much in this country but certainly elsewhere. The system Italy have with buying 50% ownership of a player is much better than loaning, means both clubs have an interest and if one wants to buy the other 50% then they do so at the agreed price, meaning club A gets a good player and club B is adequately compensated.

4 hours ago, drew said:

What countries do that?