Huns new gaffer - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

18 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I’ve no idea.

I just presumed I’d missed the news that there actually has been contact as you stated that they’d spoken before the two games.

I take it there’s no actual proof and you are surmising?

Correct. 

55 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Rangers asked for permission to speak to McInnes this evening. DENIED.

Just wait for the change of tactic from the media and all the ex Huns. The new line will be poor Derek, they should let h8m go to his dream job.

10 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Aberdeen holding out for more money??

Surely the key question is does he want to go ?

If he does, then they (including the fans) should tell him to GTF ?

Maybe the answer is "Yes" and Aberdeen are going to hold out for max compensation before letting him go ?

20 minutes ago, fringo said:

Maybe the answer is "Yes" and Aberdeen are going to hold out for max compensation before letting him go ?

Aberdeen need to protect their interests in the best way they can. If that's to hold out for more cash then fair enough. 

I'm not convinced McInnes is the right man but he now appears to actually be the man. 

Two step forward, one step back it seems. 

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds now. 

21 minutes ago, fringo said:

Imagine he has a clause in contract that only allows him to talk to possible suitors if they agree to pay his buy-out figure

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Aberdeen need to protect their interests in the best way they can. If that's to hold out for more cash then fair enough. 

I'm not convinced McInnes is the right man but he now appears to actually be the man. 

Two step forward, one step back it seems. 

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds now. 

It’ll go one of 2 ways. McInnes will either release a statement of sorts tomorrow saying he has no intention of leaving and has unfinished business etc, similar to what happened with Sunderland.

Or, Rangers will come back with an improved bid and the Aberdeen bord will release a further statement saying after Derek approached us and informed us of his desire to join Rangers we have reluctantly agreed to let him enter discussions with Rangers.  

I think it will probably be the latter and he’ll be in place by the weekend. 

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It’ll go one of 2 ways. McInnes will either release a statement of sorts tomorrow saying he has no intention of leaving and has unfinished business etc, similar to what happened with Sunderland.

Or, Rangers will come back with an improved bid and the Aberdeen bord will release a further statement saying after Derek approached us and informed us of his desire to join Rangers we have reluctantly agreed to let him enter discussions with Rangers.  

I think it will probably be the latter and he’ll be in place by the weekend. 

So, it will go one of 2 ways, we will sign him?  Or we won't?

Not at you, but not sure what is funnier the last few weeks, the press or the TAMB.  Enjoying both. :lol:

Edited by BlueGaz

34 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

he’ll be in place by the weekend. 

I think he needs to be as I doubt there's a way back for him at AB24 - And there probably hasn't been for a week to 10 days now.

Milne released the interview pretty much saying over to you Derek - With no confirmation his relationship / credibility with the support and the team went downhill rapidly. I can only imagine the reception he'll get if he's in our dugout at Dens on Friday.

So, it'll be interesting to see what management team we will spend c.£1m on - And how McInnes does with Rangers going forward.

After 2 defeats on the bounce we look to have secured the right result tonight.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Doesn't really matter how this pans out now. Aberdeen and Sevco have totally embarrassed themselves and Scottish football. Pathetic!

Ok I’ll bite, what have aberdeen done?

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

"End my Pittodrie hell Gers"...

The daily record are first up which is no surprise 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-quit-aberdeen-rangers-11646679

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-quit-aberdeen-rangers-11646679

One of the only posters on follow follow that's actually worth paying attention to said McInnes actually quite yesterday and it was all sorted yesterday. It will be interesting to see if it plays out like that.

Edited by theweestevie

10 hours ago, Redz said:

I think he needs to be as I doubt there's a way back for him at AB24 - And there probably hasn't been for a week to 10 days now.

Milne released the interview pretty much saying over to you Derek - With no confirmation his relationship / credibility with the support and the team went downhill rapidly. I can only imagine the reception he'll get if he's in our dugout at Dens on Friday.

Really? ^?^

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Nothing but roll over and have their belly tickled by a club with not a pot to piss in and a compliant media.

Just now, slasher said:

Nothing but roll over and have their belly tickled by a club with not a pot to piss in and a compliant media.

Compliant media can kill you as well though, off the radar wealth and all that.

Keith Jackson being able to be a paid journalist in Scotland is as embarrassing as any appointment internationally.