Huns new gaffer - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

20 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I want him to stay with you too. Taken u as far as he can? Surely that’s been the case for a while now? It’s not him that shites it, it’s your team. 

Great day though. Hope the same for you. 

It is him that shites it. He’s the one who picked 6 defenders and a holding midfielder on Wednesday. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

It is him that shites it. He’s the one who picked 6 defenders and a holding midfielder on Wednesday. 

Nahhhhh. That wasn’t the case today and we could have played 30 mins extra time and you you would have got fcuk all, same as Wednesday. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Doric said:

Cant wait to see Mcinnes tactics on December 30th on his first big game as Sevco manager. The great big game bottler.

We would prob lose that game if Ferguson in his peak was in charge. They are a better team, nothing to do with the manager. Hurting?

Looking from the outside there seems to be parallels with Stuart McCall’s reign at Motherwell.

We had 2 1/2 seasons of being pretty good, occasionally brilliant.

Then a season of being pretty awful but grinding out results, then it just fell off a cliff and it was clear he’d stayed too long.

The key points of his reign were shitting the bed in almost every big game, even against Rangers at their lowest point. Otherwise an ability to be marginally less shit than our opponents and carry a bit of luck with injuries etc. Was a pretty successful formula to a point.

Mcinnes leaving now wouldn’t be a disaster for Aberdeen, could get someone in, assess the squad and maybe freshen up in january.

Can see Aberdeen dropping off a bit now.

McInnes has his faults but he's still made them the next best in the SPL. O.K that's not the biggest challenge but he still has to get that consistancy from the side whilst losing players to the old firm of course.

Will improve Rangers so problem for the Dons I think.

12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hopefully McInnes will take McLean with him in January.

Aberdeen could end up in a better position if they can get McLeish in to replace him.  

Mclean can go to the moon for all I care. The way he casually strolled around the park passing to rangers players and advertising boards was pathetic. 

10 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Can see Aberdeen dropping off a bit now.

McInnes has his faults but he's still made them the next best in the SPL. O.K that's not the biggest challenge but he still has to get that consistancy from the side whilst losing players to the old firm of course.

Will improve Rangers so problem for the Dons I think.

We were 2nd best with out a well run Hibs, Hearts and Rangers in the league. Hibs are doing well and I think they will finish above us. I'm not sure whether Rangers are back but if they continue to play the way they have over the last 2 matches they will finish above us too. 

I think its time for Mcinnes and us to part ways, the relationship has come to an end whether he goes to Rangers or not. 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I think its time for Mcinnes and us to part ways, the relationship has come to an end whether he goes to Rangers or not. 

Agreed. He's damned if he does or he doesn't. It matters not a jot where he goes now.

It's not played out as he planned, and I 'think' that's why Milne went public with his interview 2 weeks ago. 

On 03/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, BlueGaz said:

We would prob lose that game if Ferguson in his peak was in charge. They are a better team, nothing to do with the manager. Hurting?

No.  Why would I be hurting ? Over football Certainly not

Edited by Doric

Derek McInnes needs to lose 1/2 a stone before they can give him the job, as Pedros training gear is too tight.

:ok:

(don’t know how to post it, but there’s a picture from Sunday of kenny Millers back  with the remnants of a 31 under the 9. :lol: )

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

(don’t know how to post it, but there’s a picture from Sunday of kenny Millers back  with the remnants of a 31 under the 9. :lol: )

Good for them. It'd be hypocritical to slag them for being both profligate with their cash and stingy. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Derek McInnes needs to lose 1/2 a stone before they can give him the job, as Pedros training gear is too tight.

:ok:

That's a tattoo of his age on his back showing though.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Has this feckin carrier pigeon that's taking the approach for McInnes up to Todders got lost or summat?

Call me cynical but that looks like the plan all along, go public, involve media at every turn, trot out ex-players to tell us how good McInnes would be at Rangers and thus completely unsettle the Aberdeen side before the double header. 6 points later Rangers then decide to go another way leaving McInnes looking like a prat 

32 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Call me cynical but that looks like the plan all along, go public, involve media at every turn, trot out ex-players to tell us how good McInnes would be at Rangers and thus completely unsettle the Aberdeen side before the double header. 6 points later Rangers then decide to go another way leaving McInnes looking like a prat 

You overestimate Rangers.

50 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

There's definitely been foul play went on here. Leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. 

Rangers speaking to the Aberdeen manager right before Aberdeen lose twice to Rangers in less than a week. Aberdeen manager then moves to Rangers just a couple of days after the 2nd game. 

In any other country in Europe this would get investigated by the footballing authorities. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

There's definitely been foul play went on here. Leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. 

Rangers speaking to the Aberdeen manager right before Aberdeen lose twice to Rangers in less than a week. Aberdeen manager then moves to Rangers just a couple of days after the 2nd game. 

In any other country in Europe this would get investigated by the footballing authorities. 

Have they actually spoken to him?

It did get investigated a while back and it cost us £100k....I’m sure the same will happen this time too....🤔

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Have they actually spoken to him?

It did get investigated a while back and it cost us £100k....I’m sure the same will happen this time too....🤔

You think this would be happening if there had been contact between folk working for McInnes and the huns? 

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You think this would be happening if there had been contact between folk working for McInnes and the huns? 

I’ve no idea.

I just presumed I’d missed the news that there actually has been contact as you stated that they’d spoken before the two games.

I take it there’s no actual proof and you are surmising?