Huns new gaffer - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

I think this is a legitimate concern for Aberdeen.  However, on the plus side, means we lose Mcinnes to a non rival, he's unlikely to take any players (Lewis and Shinnie would have been a concern if he'd gone elsewhere) and we'll get paid!  May even get the odd loan player from him!

10 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think this is a legitimate concern for Aberdeen.  However, on the plus side, means we lose Mcinnes to a non rival, he's unlikely to take any players (Lewis and Shinnie would have been a concern if he'd gone elsewhere) and we'll get paid!  May even get the odd loan player from him!

Pardew, Allardyce and Michael O'Neil will all be linked as well. You can get 10/1 on McInnes at the moment though - which is a pretty decent bet.

Conversely, I'd take Pulis at Rangers. Probably out of our price bracket though.

Edit: McInnes has gone from 10/1 to 4/1 in the last five minutes with Skybet. Should really have backed him, rather then wasting time on here!

Edited by Stu101

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I backed it at 10s.

Into 7/2 now.

I'm hoping their owners want a bigger name and someone they'll see as a safer bet. You'd have thought they'd have an idea of who they want already though. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm hoping their owners want a bigger name and someone they'll see as a safer bet. You'd have thought they'd have an idea of who they want already though. 

Agreed.  I only meant more legitimate concern in that if McInnes was offered it, he's definitely going to take it.  I think the cost of relegation is too big a risk for WBA though (with the sums of money involved) and they'll want a big, "tried and tested", name. 

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

Pardew, Allardyce and Michael O'Neil will all be linked as well. You can get 10/1 on McInnes at the moment though - which is a pretty decent bet.

Conversely, I'd take Pulis at Rangers. Probably out of our price bracket though.

Edit: McInnes has gone from 10/1 to 4/1 in the last five minutes with Skybet. Should really have backed him, rather then wasting time on here!

Pulis's brand of football makes the Walter's second spell look like Guardiola!! Hopefully he's not one of the ones on the boards (non existent!) short list.

You have to think if Rangers wanted McIness and had the money required he’d be at Ibrox by now.

The latter seems more likely to be why it hasn’t happened.

Dont know what the ownership of West Brom is like? I wondered if McIness would be a big enough name?

21 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think the cost of relegation is too big a risk for WBA though (with the sums of money involved) and they'll want a big, "tried and tested", name. 

I'd imagine McInnes will be low on there list because of what you said but also because of the money in the EPL and new foreign owners. 

Unless Aberdeen win the league the only way McInnes will be going down South is if he takes a Championship job. Premiership sides will prefer to appoint a manager with some success in England or an obscure coach outwith these islands before looking at Scotland.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

You've got to think that WBA will be considering Brendan Rodgers.

But would Brendan Rodgers consider them? 

Celtic is an easy gig with a good pay package and untold adoration from their supporters. 

West Brom is in the feckin Midlands! 😀 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

But would Brendan Rodgers consider them? 

Celtic is an easy gig with a good pay package and untold adoration from their supporters. 

West Brom is in the feckin Midlands! 😀 

FFS - surely you could have read between the lines before putting your size 10's in there????