Huns new gaffer - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

Assuming that means that McInnes is to be the new Rangers manager I've heard that is looking likely. My source is one of those guys that likes you to think he is in the know, but very often isn't in reality, although he seemed confident about this one. 

That can't be right.  We can't afford him and there's no way he'd move to a basket case club like Rangers.

If it does turn out to be true I await the numerous posts stating that he was actually doing a shite job at Aberdeen and the huns are welcome to him etc etc.

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That can't be right.  We can't afford him and there's no way he'd move to a basket case club like Rangers.

If it does turn out to be true I await the numerous posts stating that he was actually doing a shite job at Aberdeen and the huns are welcome to him etc etc.

Which, in actual fact, is the reality.

Guest faircity

I can see why he might want to leave Aberdeen as really there isn't a great deal more he can achieve there, but what exactly can he achieve at Ibrox?

They won't be winning the league for a long time and are a shambles. 

If it's down to cash he'd get far more going to some keich like Sunderland. 

I don't see the logic in it and I can't really see him going to rangers. Might be wrong.  

9 minutes ago, faircity said:

I can see why he might want to leave Aberdeen as really there isn't a great deal more he can achieve there, but what exactly can he achieve at Ibrox?

They won't be winning the league for a long time and are a shambles. 

If it's down to cash he'd get far more going to some keich like Sunderland. 

I don't see the logic in it and I can't really see him going to rangers. Might be wrong.  

Sunderland have debts of around £100 million.

Guest faircity
3 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Sunderland have debts of around £100 million.

I said like Sunderland, in that he'd get a bigger wage there, I wasn't referring to a transfer kitty. 

He’d have got until Christmas at Sunderland and been sacked if they weren’t in contention for promotion.

Rangers probably have to stick this time, so barring an utter disaster, he’ll get some time at Ibrox.

he’s finished 2nd won a cup and made a decent attempt at Europe with Aberdeen, which I think is all Rangers can hope for.

The tedious pub bore guide to messageboarding: 

1. Make up some story based on media reports.

2. End post with “you heard it here first”. When, in reality, no one “heard it here first” as it’s been speculated upon in the press for days. 

He has already had a go down south and that didn't work out very well. I just don't think he wants to risk trying it out down there again. That leaves the main options for him as Scotland or Rangers. He will never get the Celtic job. Maybe too early for the Scotland job? But would he have any better chance of winning things at Rangers than at Aberdeen? Probably not at present.

I think he wants the Scotland job at some point but not just now. Going to Rangers would be a good reason for not taking the Scotland job and not snubbing the SFA. I think the choice is down to him. He would just need to make it known that he wants the Rangers job and the job will be his. We just don't know if he wants it or not. He probably doesn't even know himself. He has got decisions to make. It's a good position for him to be in.

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The tedious pub bore guide to messageboarding: 

1. Make up some story based on media reports.

2. End post with “you heard it here first”. When, in reality, no one “heard it here first” as it’s been speculated upon in the press for days. 

It’s a done deal. Chick Young being the insider. 

On 28/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, EddardStark said:

Whoever takes over has the nucleus of a decent squad. I would prefer McInnes but he needs to be given a lot of time. I think Rangers fans are realistic in terms of expectations.

Have they? What are you seeing that I'm not Ed?

Mcinnes would be daft to go to rangers. The fans there want to eventually compete with Celtic which unless mcinnes gets serious investment like 20m in transfer kitty then he ain't going to get near them and the fans will turn on him. Rangers will never be happy getting second. He's better off going to a good championship club in the summer and trying to get them promotion.

15 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Mcinnes would be daft to go to rangers. The fans there want to eventually compete with Celtic which unless mcinnes gets serious investment like 20m in transfer kitty then he ain't going to get near them and the fans will turn on him. Rangers will never be happy getting second. He's better off going to a good championship club in the summer and trying to get them promotion.

And I think that's what he will do. Suspect he will leave Aberdeen at the end of this season but go down south again. 

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

And I think that's what he will do. Suspect he will leave Aberdeen at the end of this season but go down south again. 

Or to West Brom if they're on the look out for a new manager.