You know you're getting old when... - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You know you're getting old when...

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It might have been, I just remember them being on around the same era.

I didnt watch it, my friend and I stayed at each orhers houses a lot and her older brother watched it. It was too sophisticated for me, I liked Top Of The Pops.

I am sure you are shocked and stunned to hear that 🙂

Thursday and Friday nights on BBC4

They show old episodes in order unless Jimmy Saville or whoever else was up to no good was presenting. They were up to 1983 last I seen it

15 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They show old episodes in order unless Jimmy Saville or whoever else was up to no good was presenting. They were up to 1983 last I seen it

They're up to the point where John Peel started presenting it regularly. His disdain for some of the songs was amusing.

A fun game to play when they show old TOTP clips is to see if a glimpse of Sir Jim'll sneaks into the background.

3 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Brookside fairly doubled the pain if your team lost on a Saturday.

I could never make out a word they said. I remember the lesbian kiss though. Apart from Alan Stubbs Scousers shouldn’t be allowed on the tele either that or they put subtitles on

They had the cheek to put subtitles on Trawlermen

31 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The entire 70’s must have been eradicated in that case 

Have any of you actually went back and watched any of the old shows, mostly this is your life, with Gary Glitter and Saville and for some reason Frank Bruno? It's fucking surreal to say the least and gives you the heebies.

6 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Is he the polis man from top cat?

🙂 Inspector Drivel , think I will change my username. At our age its more Dribble than Dibble or Drivel . 

Orraloon will along shortly to put me back in my bin. 

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

They're up to the point where John Peel started presenting it regularly. His disdain for some of the songs was amusing.

A fun game to play when they show old TOTP clips is to see if a glimpse of Sir Jim'll sneaks into the background.

john peel married a 15 year old, im not sure he's so far removed from saville tbh

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I could never make out a word they said. I remember the lesbian kiss though. Apart from Alan Stubbs Scousers shouldn’t be allowed on the tele either that or they put subtitles on

Its not Scousers with me  - its Essex -I fucking hate that accent and the pricks that speak it

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Calm down calm down.