You know you're getting old when... - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You know you're getting old when...

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Big Col said:

you canny get the lid off a jam jar. This nearly happened to me the other day. It was worrying how close I came to being unable to open it.

You remember catching wasps or making ‘perfume’ from flower petals in a jam jar 😕

2 hours ago, Big Col said:

you canny get the lid off a jam jar. This nearly happened to me the other day. It was worrying how close I came to being unable to open it.

On my honeymoon at 23 on a Med beach (it was November and no excuse,  ...but after a hard night... on the voddy),   I had to get the brand new missus to uncork the bottle.   Was just water like, but I couldnae manage :(   Ah, those were the days...  but we have a secret pleasure with a new jar of beetroot.

When you can't make any sort of car journey, short or long, without getting p1ssed off with someone else's driving and whinging like feck to yourself. I actually caught myself saying "unbelievable" the other day.  

Edited by SMcoolJ

10 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

On my honeymoon at 23 on a Med beach (it was November and no excuse,  ...but after a hard night... on the voddy),   I had to get the brand new missus to uncork the bottle.   Was just water like, but I couldnae manage :(   Ah, those were the days...  but we have a secret pleasure with a new jar of beetroot.

I am trying to work out what that is a euphemism for? 

57 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Could you  not remember it a week after you had done it? I am assuming you were still quite young at that point?

🙄You know what I  mean

Another sign of getting old is when you start getting picky about things..😏

Daisy chains. Where have all the daisies gone? There used to be thousands of them  🙁

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🙄You know what I  mean

Another sign of getting old is when you start getting picky about things..😏

Daisy chains. Where have all the daisies gone? There used to be thousands of them  🙁

Isn't that a lyric from a very old pop song?

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You know you’re getting old when you walk past a charity shop window and you say to yourself “there’s some no bad stuff in there”

You know you are even older when you are stood behind the counter working for free just to get out the house and meet folk

37 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

When you are at work and discuss remembering only 3 channels on the telly and a younger member of staff is looking at you and you can tell they are thinking 'what the f.uck'.

Or 4 if you could pick up Grampian, it always used to be about 20 minutes behind channel3

Grampian was handy if I was a wee bit later in getting in from the school and I missed the start of Home and Away, 

40 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

When you are at work and discuss remembering only 3 channels on the telly and a younger member of staff is looking at you and you can tell they are thinking 'what the f.uck'.

3 channels ya whippersnapper :lol: