English Football Games - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English Football Games

Guest BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz

After a bit of advice if anyone has done any trips down south for any games.  Looking at Xmas presents.  Come across this site, are these prices good?  Or are you better / easier getting in touch with clubs and putting it together yourself?  The ease of this looked good.

https://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ruJk8iH1wIVJbXtCh11vQN7EAAYAiAAEgKHBPD_BwE

Cheers.

If those package tours give you what they suggest, then I'd say for the bigger clubs that's probably a fairly solid way of doing it (assuming the tickets are legitimate resells; I know that Huddersfield, for example, are cancelling tickets that have been resold at more than face value, or without going through the club's own reseller system).

I can't locate it at the minute, but I know there's a site somewhere that shows you a percentage of how sold out each EPL stadium was the previous Saturday, which gives you an indicator of whether or not you'd have a chance of getting tickets via the club at normal face value.

Are you looking to visit a "big 6" game or just any EPL fixture you can get to?

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's bonkers, just encouraging away fans in the home end.

My mate is a Killie & Huddersfield season ticket holder (lives/works in but can't stand Leeds Utd. He's off to Anfield on Saturday.

I know the lad - in fact I sat behind him for a few years; always wears his Killie scarf to Town matches. I aren't worried so much for myself as I'm in a high priority group (& will be at Anfield :D ), but I know loads of folk that can't get tickets for these games, even though in Spurs' case, there will be a fair few thousand empty seats.

It never happened at Dagenham.

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

If those package tours give you what they suggest, then I'd say for the bigger clubs that's probably a fairly solid way of doing it (assuming the tickets are legitimate resells; I know that Huddersfield, for example, are cancelling tickets that have been resold at more than face value, or without going through the club's own reseller system).

I can't locate it at the minute, but I know there's a site somewhere that shows you a percentage of how sold out each EPL stadium was the previous Saturday, which gives you an indicator of whether or not you'd have a chance of getting tickets via the club at normal face value.

Are you looking to visit a "big 6" game or just any EPL fixture you can get to?

Not really bothered myself, easiest to get to would be my preference, but my son is a football fanatic, so will prob go for the biggest game I possibly can in terms of players.  I haven't picked a date yet, need to look at game calendar up here first, I just wandered if those type of prices were fair or not.  I quite fancy some of the hospitality packages on offer, but I'm taking another 4 people, so need to keep an eye on the price ;)

Looking at Bayern as well now, prices really good for them too.  I'm keen to go to their stadium for a night game, and I love Germany anyway.  Never been to Munich.

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I know the lad - in fact I sat behind him for a few years; always wears his Killie scarf to Town matches. I aren't worried so much for myself as I'm in a high priority group (& will be at Anfield :D ), but I know loads of folk that can't get tickets for these games, even though in Spurs' case, there will be a fair few thousand empty seats.

It never happened at Dagenham.

I know him too (used to go on same bus with me to Killie games) but he's not got a season ticket at Killie, only Town.

Believe it or not, there's two separate Killie fans I know with Town season tickets!

Guy you are thinking of is called Stuart, big guy with dark hair and glasses. My other mate only started going to Town the past 2 or 3 years as he was exiled. Big Stuart has stayed there for years.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

On 23/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, BlueGaz said:

After a bit of advice if anyone has done any trips down south for any games.  Looking at Xmas presents.  Come across this site, are these prices good?  Or are you better / easier getting in touch with clubs and putting it together yourself?  The ease of this looked good.

https://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ruJk8iH1wIVJbXtCh11vQN7EAAYAiAAEgKHBPD_BwE

Cheers.

I can only answer for City, but for the 2 games in January, the ticket prices in East Stand level 3 are £46 for Newcastle & £36 for West Brom and the Travelodge Central Arena is £80 & £60 respectively for a twin room.

Edited by Glasgowmancity

21 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I know him too (used to go on same bus with me to Killie games) but he's not got a season ticket at Killie, only Town.

Believe it or not, there's two separate Killie fans I know with Town season tickets!

Guy you are thinking of is called Stuart, big guy with dark hair and glasses. My other mate only started going to Town the past 2 or 3 years as he was exiled. Big Stuart has stayed there for years.

Yes, you're right - Stuart is the guy I see around. Not sure who the other bloke is. I should probably put this on 'you know you're old', but I watched Town v. Killie pre-season back in 1978...1-0 to you with around 500 or so away fans there.

6 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Yes, you're right - Stuart is the guy I see around. Not sure who the other bloke is. I should probably put this on 'you know you're old', but I watched Town v. Killie pre-season back in 1978...1-0 to you with around 500 or so away fans there.

Ha, slightly before my time. I only started going to games late 80s!

I know a few boys that were down at that though!

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, slightly before my time. I only started going to games late 80s!

I know a few boys that were down at that though!

I was only 14 myself at the time, but my recollection is it was a fairly lively afternoon - we were utter garbage around that time (we ended up next to bottom of the 4th division at one point during that season) but we had a fair number of headcases in what was left of our support. The Killie lads that turned up weren't exactly wallflowers either, & so a typically 1970s discussion on the relative merits of English & Scottish football ensued.

I have a printed teamsheet somewhere, but probably buried under the subsequent 40 years-worth of programmes in my cupboard - if I find it, I'll scan it & post it.

On 25/10/2017 at 10:09 AM, BlueGaz said:

Not really bothered myself, easiest to get to would be my preference, but my son is a football fanatic, so will prob go for the biggest game I possibly can in terms of players.  I haven't picked a date yet, need to look at game calendar up here first, I just wandered if those type of prices were fair or not.  I quite fancy some of the hospitality packages on offer, but I'm taking another 4 people, so need to keep an eye on the price ;)

Looking at Bayern as well now, prices really good for them too.  I'm keen to go to their stadium for a night game, and I love Germany anyway.  Never been to Munich.

In that case go to Munich all day long. You’ll have a far superior experience. 

Guest BlueGaz
8 hours ago, macy37 said:

In that case go to Munich all day long. You’ll have a far superior experience. 

Think that is what we are going to do.  Its almost comparative price wise to going down south.  I didn't realise at first how cheap it was to go to Bayern game.  

16 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Think that is what we are going to do.  Its almost comparative price wise to going down south.  I didn't realise at first how cheap it was to go to Bayern game.  

How are you going to go about getting tickets? In advance, through Bayern, or through an agency?

Looking at Bayern for the wee man’s Christmas present (which doubles as my present too!). 

Used an agency for Barca in January (the whole trip as a package) but would rather do it independently this time 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

12 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I was only 14 myself at the time, but my recollection is it was a fairly lively afternoon - we were utter garbage around that time (we ended up next to bottom of the 4th division at one point during that season) but we had a fair number of headcases in what was left of our support. The Killie lads that turned up weren't exactly wallflowers either, & so a typically 1970s discussion on the relative merits of English & Scottish football ensued.

I have a printed teamsheet somewhere, but probably buried under the subsequent 40 years-worth of programmes in my cupboard - if I find it, I'll scan it & post it.

Brilliant mate, that would be great!

Guest BlueGaz
11 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

How are you going to go about getting tickets? In advance, through Bayern, or through an agency?

Looking at Bayern for the wee man’s Christmas present (which doubles as my present too!). 

Used an agency for Barca in January (the whole trip as a package) but would rather do it independently this time 👍🏼

I'm not sure, going to look into it this weekend.  I don't know how it works with German teams selling tickets etc.  If the packages available are similiar price to doing it myself, just going to go with that for ease.  I will let you know what I find mate.

25 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I'm not sure, going to look into it this weekend.  I don't know how it works with German teams selling tickets etc.  If the packages available are similiar price to doing it myself, just going to go with that for ease.  I will let you know what I find mate.

Cheers! 👍🏼