Dundee Utd so insignificant they don't even warrant a crisis thread any more - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd so insignificant they don't even warrant a crisis thread any more

On 25/10/2017 at 12:12 PM, kumnio said:

You’ve been out of the Premiership for just over one season, and while this season hasn’t went to plan, you’re within 4 points of top spot. Utd fans are being a touch melodramatic here. 

If you’re the sixth biggest supporter club, then challenging for first spot is absolutely over achieving. 

Hearts and Hibs have had spells outside the top league, it happens from time to time. 

As for Dundee, we have been a basketcase of a club, for most of my life Utd have been above us, and I really don’t care. 

This and previous quotes about past glories.

not having a go, but its all about hopes and dreams...

I was giving young saints fans a roasting on our recent, short lived but still a novelty to me, European tours when they were complaining about our lack of progress in Europe , when I told them that this was as good as it gets and feckin enjoy it.

I compared our recent European sojourns  , poor as they might be, to Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Dundee, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee United fans who will never ever ever ever achieve in Europe what they did in the past.  Ever.  I told them '  Guys this is our glory days 'Saints will likely never be better that this ...

But all the other Scottish teams fans listed above will always look backward to what they achieved before and be fecked by there fore fathers achievements, as great as they were.

This past 6 years and even now ....we're the best we've ever been!!!

Relish the moment!

22 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Not Yogi, phew.

Although Csaba does a fairly convincing Ivan Golac impression in his introductory Arabzone interview - gulp!

11 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

yeh i know. better of those two for me, but he is a bit of a nutter i think. 

I thought Golac was a legend at Tannadice?

22 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Was there not a quote attributed to Golac along the lines of "Jerron Nixon is the best player in the world"?

He said that one day Nixon would cost someone £20M - mind this was over 20 years ago where that kind of figure was unheard of here.

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought Golac was a legend at Tannadice?

Nah, he was a bell-end.  Fluked a cup win with most of the players McLean left him, but managed to secure United their first finish outside the top six in 20 years in his first season and left them free-wheeling to relegation before being sacked in his second. 

Just to underline, the team he left just before they slipped through the trap-door contained Malpas, McInally, Bowman, Brewster, Cleland, Billy McKinlay, Andy McLaren, Petric  - it takes a real kind of dum-dum to get a squad like that relegated.

He really was an idiot.   He signed Dragutin Rstic.  

Edited by adamntg

9 hours ago, adamntg said:

Nah, he was a bell-end.  Fluked a cup win with most of the players McLean left him, but managed to secure United their first finish outside the top six in 20 years in his first season and left them free-wheeling to relegation before being sacked in his second. 

Just to underline, the team he left just before they slipped through the trap-door contained Malpas, McInally, Bowman, Brewster, Cleland, Billy McKinlay, Andy McLaren, Petric  - it takes a real kind of dum-dum to get a squad like that relegated.

He really was an idiot.   He signed Dragutin Rstic.  

Aye, all true right enough. 

The game is all about winning trophies and honours though so he’ll always be a United legend for that - particularly with it eventually being our first ever Scottish Cup 👍🏼

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Aye, all true right enough. 

The game is all about winning trophies and honours though so he’ll always be a United legend for that - particularly with it eventually being our first ever Scottish Cup 👍🏼

Yes, that is mitigation, but it’s all that elevates him above McCall or Chisholm.  My memory is that United were loaded with talent but the organisation was utterly shambolic.  Sometimes it would work and we hammered Hearts 5-2 and Motherwell 6-1 the year we went down.  Most of the time it was like Berti’s Scotland, nobody had a clue what they were supposed to be doing. 

Edited by adamntg

6 hours ago, adamntg said:

Yes, that is mitigation, but it’s all that elevates him above McCall or Chisholm.  My memory is that United were loaded with talent but the organisation was utterly shambolic.  Sometimes it would work and we hammered Hearts 5-2 and Motherwell 6-1 the year we went down.  Most of the time it was like Berti’s Scotland, nobody had a clue what they were supposed to be doing. 

I still mind the game when it appeared relegation was a REAL possibility - away to Falkirk at Brockville. Lost 3-1 despite being 1-0 up at ht through a Sergio goal. Never recovered from that. 

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

I still mind the game when it appeared relegation was a REAL possibility - away to Falkirk at Brockville. Lost 3-1 despite being 1-0 up at ht through a Sergio goal. Never recovered from that. 

There was a picture in the Record (or maybe Sunday Mail) showing the United end at that game, and you could clearly make out my very miserable pus in the middle.

On 09/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, adamntg said:

Yep pretty much sums them up at that time.