What do you want to see? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What do you want to see?

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I just went to like this post a huge clown face flashed at me.:yikes3:  At least I think it was a clown face, it was all over in a couple of milliseconds. 

Theyve added a laughy face, we can show so many emotions

16 minutes ago, TAMB1 said:

Reputation points have been reset for everyone. Blank slate all round.

Can this be done for our warning points?

I've got a big night out at the weekend and everyone else smokes so when they go for a fag I'll be on my phone trying not to look awkward. By the end of the night I'll no doubt be on the rampage 

31 minutes ago, TAMB1 said:

Reputation points have been reset for everyone. Blank slate all round.

Booooo I was working on being the plucky underdog who came from the minus leagues and made it to the top.........or to plus 10

I like the laughy face aka Orra shieiting himself face. I’m using the heart for ‘love’ rather than like so all Tom Cruise lookalikes are getting one. (Open goal for you doon the slope.)  Not sure what the arrow is to be used for. 

51 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I like the laughy face aka Orra shieiting himself face. I’m using the heart for ‘love’ rather than like so all Tom Cruise lookalikes are getting one. (Open goal for you doon the slope.)  Not sure what the arrow is to be used for. 

Im using it for GIRUY .

I don't like the idea of a seperate politics section and think it's a bad idea. The anything goes section isn't busy enough to split it. It will just lead to less posts. That goes for the gambling one too. 

You will find that people will visit a couple of sections on a messageboard but won't go and vist multiple rooms.

The old Caley Thistle board was good as it had a Caley section and an anything goes section. They then added a non Caley football section which was ok. Then for some reason it split into about 15 sections. Caley Thistle on the park. Off the park. Other UK football. World football. Politics. Gambling.  Old Inverness etc etc and the board died a death. People aren't going to go trawling through that many sections. 

It needs condensed here and not expanded. Especially as it isn't as bust as old.

I would like to see a TA section. (Why have a seperate home games section, what's the difference??) This would merge home games and ta clubs sections with ta specific.

Away games section is fine and possibly keep general travel. 

Non ta football. Having a world cup, euros section and for some bizarre reason a Scottish cup section was a waste of time as they were mainly talked about in non ta football anyway.

Then simply an anything goes section. Splitting it will see the number of posts fall.

4 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I don't like the idea of a seperate politics section and think it's a bad idea. The anything goes section isn't busy enough to split it. It will just lead to less posts. That goes for the gambling one too. 

You will find that people will visit a couple of sections on a messageboard but won't go and vist multiple rooms.

The old Caley Thistle board was good as it had a Caley section and an anything goes section. They then added a non Caley football section which was ok. Then for some reason it split into about 15 sections. Caley Thistle on the park. Off the park. Other UK football. World football. Politics. Gambling.  Old Inverness etc etc and the board died a death. People aren't going to go trawling through that many sections. 

It needs condensed here and not expanded. Especially as it isn't as bust as old.

I would like to see a TA section. (Why have a seperate home games section, what's the difference??) This would merge home games and ta clubs sections with ta specific.

Non ta football. Having a world cup, euros section and for some bizarre reason a Scottish cup section was a waste of time as they were mainly talked about in non ta football anyway.

Then simply an anything goes section. Splitting it will see the number of posts fall.

Thank you. This will go in the mix.

All comments and suggestions taken on board. The next couple of weeks at least will be a bit of trial and error.

We will try things which might not work, we will add things and take them away and may even take away things and have to add them back.

Nothing is set in stone and we will always listen and pay attention to what posters say.

17 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I agree with half of that which i suggested this, (some of which was changed today much to my surprise) to try and make the front page smaller.

TARTAN ARMY

·         TA SPECIFIC

·         SCOTLAND HOME GAMES 

- Scotland v Malta

- Scotland v Slovakia

·         SCOTLAND AWAY GAMES

- Lithuania v Scotland

- Slovenia v Scotland

·         TA CLUBS, CHARITIES etc

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

NON TARTAN ARMY

·         ANYTHING GOES

·         FOOTBALL

·         OTHER SPORTS

·         TRAVEL

·         TECH SUPPORT

I don't think we need  politics or gambling parts but if we did I'd put them within Anything Goes. I'd move General Travel to non Tartan Army as those threads are about travelling on holidays etc and not related to games. Travel to/from games is usually withing the relevant TA part e.g. Slovenia away. That's also why I think a Home & Away Game section is good as the info relates to one individual game e.g. tickets, travel, bars etc. A little while after each game they can be archived.

Overall though I'd agree we need slightly less big sections hence my suggestion to split it from 3 to 2 main bits (which TAMB1 did today) then a few subsections with sub/sub sections if you want to delve further e.g. a particular away game or Other Sport/Rugby.

8 minutes ago, TAMB1 said:

All comments and suggestions taken on board. The next couple of weeks at least will be a bit of trial and error.

We will try things which might not work, we will add things and take them away and may even take away things and have to add them back.

Nothing is set in stone and we will always listen and pay attention to what posters say.

It's good that you guys are trying new stuff and doing it so quickly.

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

It's good that you guys are trying new stuff and doing it so quickly.

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

@TAMB1 @TAMB2

Im sure I speak on behalf of the vast majority of TAMBers here in thanking you for your efforts, not only in the continuation of keeping the board running but to develop it further to the next level

Agree with both these posts.