What do you want to see? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What do you want to see?

Not a fan of the 'likes' function as I may have mentioned elsewhere, and I agree with iainmac1 that there's probably no need (and too much potential crossover) for a separate politics forum in Anything Goes. Still, it's good to see the board trying new things - it's certainly a breath of fresh air after years of neglect. Well done to all involved.

I hope the TAMB archive can be retrieved and saved. I see that it's listed under the Pages tab at the top of the page, but I'm just getting an error message when I click it. It contains pretty much everything from the pre-2014 board (tamb.com) back to 2009, as well as some earlier significant stuff like the Kraigh [never can spell it] thread in its own 'Archive' section.

Having thought about this a bit more, there's a logic to just having a series of wider and wider or more distant "everything/else" categories, and only positively subdividing the Tartan Army section. What I mean is something like

TA

-sub-divisions of TA

Non TA

- other football

- other sport

- other

This helps keep the focus on

Everything/Sport/Football/TA

and in principle the more remote the topic is from TA the wider the range of the stuff within it (which are difficult to subdivide easily because they are so different things, from perseids to politics to pulling birds...)

That means we don't get into convoluted arguments about how to subdivide AOB, which will be to different tastes and becomes remote from the core concern of TA.

If breaking into further sub-categories any other way, I'd still say there's a case for every category being one in principle including the TA.

So for example "Scotland" [or "Scottish interest"] would work, because "TA" would fall within "Scotland"

i.e. Everything/Scottish interest/TA would work.

14 hours ago, Ormond said:

You’re getting the vote to be moderator of the milf section. We’ve aw seen ye noo. :wub:

I am currently in talks with my lawyer with regards to suing the old board for misreporting,  which led to my hasty action. I feel violated. 

175 ' up votes', 385 ' likes ' and 4566 'haha's should cover it. 

On the main Home/Forum page to the right of of each main section e.g. TA Specific or Scotland Home Games, Anything Goes etc you can see the name of the last poster and when the post was made  e.g. fringo 14 mins ago.

Can you apply that same update to the new Recent Posts bit  on the far right of the pages ? Instead it shows who started/created the thread and how long ago it was created(which could be days/weeks ago). I'm not sure if that name/date stamp is of any use whilst the most recent poster/time one is ?