Edinburgh Rugby - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Edinburgh Rugby

wee-toon-red

What's going on at Edinburgh these days? Thought Cockerill was a good appointment but looks like they've got a few disciplinary issues? Magnus Bradbury, the captain, suspended after apparently picking up a head injury on a night out and now John Hardie's also unavailable for selection due to a separate and unconnected incident.

On 21/10/2017 at 5:34 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Hardie suspended. Sounds serious.

Sunday Times alleged the Hardie suspension is related to Cocaine use. Hasn't failed a drug test. Likely to be a 9-12 month ban if guilty I reckon. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2017 at 12:34 PM, biffer said:

Sunday Times alleged the Hardie suspension is related to Cocaine use. Hasn't failed a drug test. Likely to be a 9-12 month ban if guilty I reckon. 

Not sure how they can ban him for 9-12 months if he hasn't failed a test. I.e. without proof. Rumour is someone saw him at It, which is enough to suspend him but it's not solid proof so how could they justify banning him? 

15 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Yep good result. Ospreys without quite a few called up to Wales team but still a good score. Glasgow did very well the other night too. 

The commentators would have you believe it was only Ospreys that had players missing, but Edinburgh had just as many absent.

4 hours ago, ShedTA said:

True Edinburgh had some absent as well but ospreys hit harder I think.

Maybe. A few big names from the Ospreys, but Edinburgh were missing the first four choices at loosehead, first two choices at hooker and first choice tight head. So we were tested much more in terms of depth.

42 minutes ago, biffer said:

Maybe. A few big names from the Ospreys, but Edinburgh were missing the first four choices at loosehead, first two choices at hooker and first choice tight head. So we were tested much more in terms of depth.

Aye, not really disagreeing. Great to see glasgow get the win as well with so many away too. Finally we do seem to have a wee bit of depth in scottish rugby.

• 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If Edinburgh is supposedly a rugby city then how come their attendance figures are rank rotten in comparison to Easter Road and Tynecastle

You get more people at the Playhoose to see Grease b'fuck

Remind me how it is that you don’t give a toss about rugby? 

24 minutes ago, biffer said:

And then point to another city that got six crowds over 60k for international matches in a single city in Scotland last year.

And I put it to you sir that people from all over the country and beyond will make up a large number of the six 60k+ crowds in the single city

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

And I put it to you sir that people from all over the country and beyond will make up a large number of the six 60k+ crowds in the single city

Is there a crowd of similar size in football in Scotland thats not true of?

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, biffer said:

Two great wins in a row for Edinburgh, Leinster and Ulster. On the way up.

If they can win next week as well at Dragons when Ulster are at scarlets (who are winning at Leinster as I type), there could be a wee gap opens up...

Great drop from Weir off a terrible pass to win it as well.

3 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

If they can win next week as well at Dragons when Ulster are at scarlets (who are winning at Leinster as I type), there could be a wee gap opens up...

Great drop from Weir off a terrible pass to win it as well.

Yep. Beat Dragons next week when Ulster are at Scarlets, then next is Munster at home, who will be weaker during the 6Ns (they lost in Cardiff today), while Ulster play Glasgow. Could get a decent gap ahead of Ulster over this games and have the opportunity to finish it in the home game v Ulster.

• 3 months later...