Scott McTominay - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott McTominay

CNelson

14 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

He looks like a Luka modric type of midfielder. Has great passing and can hit a long range shot. He has scored about 3 or 4 in his first 4 games in the  u18 team. All of which were long range crackers. He looks young physically so it could be a few years before we really see him get first team football. Not sure if it was the right move for him as Chelsea don't bring through youth and he would of had a better chance of first team football at rangers. Hopefully a loan move will see him get first team football in a couple of years. Chelsea however do produce a good level of pro but just not guys good enough for their first team.

Cheers for the info. You do realise though that you just jinxed him for us all by comparing him to Modric? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Cue the obliterated pelvis and 'where did it all go wrong' newspaper article

'SCOTLAND STARLET IN DRINK AND COCAINE BINGE WITH GRANDMOTHER SEX WORKER', turn to page 3 for more...

On 21/10/2017 at 8:05 AM, adamntg said:

How can it be possible that Islam Feruz is still at Chelsea?  

He's got one year left on his contract and will be released at the end of that.   His career to date can be summed up as "returned to Chelsea following a dasappointing loan spell..."

I'd be amazed if he's still in the game in three years time. 

18 minutes ago, andyD said:

Gilmour seems to be doing ok at Chelsea.

This is from last month, and while it's pretty bad defending be Swansea, it's quick thinking and a good hit.

Not tall enough, poor genetics. 

On 10/21/2017 at 12:05 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Just to get you up to speed, he has a similar style to Modric but edges it on natural ability.

:lol: 

He edges from Modric? Jesus Christ. Give the boy a chance before coming out with ridiculous hyperbole!

On 21/10/2017 at 8:06 PM, girvanTA said:

Now that is one wasted talent right there. No doubt he'll see out the remainder of his contract and be released on a free

Is it though?

He was impressive at youth level when he was physically streets ahead of his peers.

But has he actually done anything at all at a senior level when he’s been physically on a level playing field?

Not that I’m aware of.

54 minutes ago, Marky said:

Is it though?

He was impressive at youth level when he was physically streets ahead of his peers.

But has he actually done anything at all at a senior level when he’s been physically on a level playing field?

Not that I’m aware of.

Goes on loan for first team games and goes awol. Attitudes like that get you nowhere, its not as if he's been an established first team player elsewhere. Yeah he looked good playing against 16 year olds but I'll be surprised if Chelsea offer him another contract

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Is it though?

Not that I’m aware of.

Yup. Said it from the first game I saw him, he relied on physical attributes and would struggle as he got older and defenders experienced at dealing with pace. 

3 hours ago, Marky said:

Is it though?

Not that I’m aware of.

Only 20 starts in senior football, still to score a goal.

Is it not worth giving him a call up regardless? He is actually playing some minutes for Man. United now, came on v Benfica last week so Mourinho clearly thinks he's got something as he isn't a manager who usually plays youth.

I'm thinking the way Wales have gone about things, calling up Ben Woodburn when he hardly plays for Liverpool.

At least you'd know if he was truly committed then or another McCarthey/McGeady.

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Is it not worth giving him a call up regardless? He is actually playing some minutes for Man. United now, came on v Benfica last week so Mourinho clearly thinks he's got something as he isn't a manager who usually plays youth.

I'm thinking the way Wales have gone about things, calling up Ben Woodburn when he hardly plays for Liverpool.

At least you'd know if he was truly committed then or another McCarthey/McGeady.

Absolutely spot on. And it works well enough for Wales so why not us.

9 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

How did McTominay and McBurnie play? I was watching the hibs game instead

I only saw the first half but McTominay was neat and tidy, wasn't afraid to take possession and good at recycling possession but didn't necessarily do anything spectacular with it.

McBurnie started pretty slowly but had a couple of decent touches as the half wore on.

34 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

I only saw the first half but McTominay was neat and tidy, wasn't afraid to take possession and good at recycling possession but didn't necessarily do anything spectacular with it.

McBurnie started pretty slowly but had a couple of decent touches as the half wore on.

Agree, thought McTominay did well. He looked a bit shy to ask for the ball and play any penetrating passes in his previous appearances but did more of that tonight. Had a few driving runs too...one poor attempt on goal though. I don't think he'll be a 'final third' player which would suit as fine as we're losing Brown and Fletcher soon. I guess Man U see him as a back up to Matic and a replacement for Carrick. Anyway could be irrelevant if he doesn't chose us!

Thought McBurnie looked OK too, hard to judge in this kind of game though. Had a few decent touches and held the ball up well. Hopefully he gets a few more chances in the first team and gets a loan in January. 

I watched most of the game tonight.  I thought McTominay had quite a nice balance about him and was composed on the ball.  His passing was neat and tidy without spraying too many passes across the pitch.  Definitely a defence-minded midfielder - I agree with the Darren Fletcher comparison - but he hit a shot over the bar in the first half and had a header saved in the second.  Jose complimented him after the game.

His genetics would impress even Gordon Strachan - a very imposing physical specimen, in what isn't exactly a team of short-arses.  I hope he decides to represent Scotland.  I'd even be tempted to call him up for next month's game, since he now seems to be getting some game time at Man Utd.

McBurnie is also tall, slightly awkward looking but quite skillful, although I didn't think he looked particular quick.  He had a couple of shots and worked hard but his team were very much second best tonight, so it probably wasn't the best game to judge him on.