March 2018 friendly rumour. - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

Heard some pundits moaning about this - ''it's too far away'', ''what about Celtic/Aberdeen/Rangers European campaigns?'' ''it'll be hot'' :lol:

We really a nation of diddies. And the likes of Willie Miller, Chic Young get away with spouting utter nonsense on radio every week.

These are the most exciting friendlies we've played in years. Four teams we have not played in donkeys, and finally some ambition from the SFA - makes you wonder if O'Neill has agreed to take the gig? He took Northern Ireland to Chile and Uruguay a few years ago!

4 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Heard some pundits moaning about this - ''it's too far away'', ''what about Celtic/Aberdeen/Rangers European campaigns?'' ''it'll be hot'' :lol:

We really a nation of diddies. And the likes of Willie Miller, Chic Young get away with spouting utter nonsense on radio every week.

These are the most exciting friendlies we've played in years. Four teams we have not played in donkeys, and finally some ambition from the SFA - makes you wonder if O'Neill has agreed to take the gig? He took Northern Ireland to Chile and Uruguay a few years ago!

It's not really nonsense. Any players involved in Europe with their clubs won't travel, so probably more than half of our first 11.

They're only "exciting" for the trips themselves. On the field will be a complete waste of time. 

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It's not really nonsense. Any players involved in Europe with their clubs won't travel, so probably more than half of our first 11.

They're only "exciting" for the trips themselves. On the field will be a complete waste of time. 

I’ll be amazed if any Celtic players go, or any from a club with Europa League pre-qualifiers.

4 hours ago, saintydave said:

Thankfully we never qualify for any tournaments, we would be pish without all the  players from teams without European commitments 

I'm sure you can see the difference between a player going to a friendly at the end of the season, and going to a major finals.

13 hours ago, The Bunnet said:

Living in Blackpool, can get direct flights Sun / Mon out, return Thurs, or nip up to Bratislava on Weds £10 on train and direct flight £30....but 2 nights is enough, so Mon / Weds.  Need a good Cheltenham before can even dream about Peru.

Who is that with? Which airport? 

22 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Yeah I'm getting those prices quoted on there even with stopovers etc. I'll go back later hopefully it's just a temporary price due to surge in demand since the game's been announced.

I've just booked direct flight with British Airways on their website using multi-city option (in to Lima and out of Mexico), came in at £722.

Cheapest flight between Peru and Mexico is £150. Next cheapest is £400.

6 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I've just booked direct flight with British Airways on their website using multi-city option (in to Lima and out of Mexico), came in at £722.

Cheapest flight between Peru and Mexico is £150. Next cheapest is £400.

Aye to be fair never considered the Multi option for some reason I was looking at it one flight at a time like a right fanny. Cheers bud

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I'm sure you can see the difference between a player going to a friendly at the end of the season, and going to a major finals.

Yep, it's just a couple of friendlies, no major dramas there, ok it's a bit further away but most players would be jumping on flights for family holidays etc anyway so really there is no excuse no to go. 

57 minutes ago, saintydave said:

Yep, it's just a couple of friendlies, no major dramas there, ok it's a bit further away but most players would be jumping on flights for family holidays etc anyway so really there is no excuse no to go. 

It's their summer break and the games mean fuck all, there's a very valid excuse right there 

On 21/01/2018 at 5:49 PM, Ormond said:

Not for me. Never have been. Fitba’ first everytime. 

On matchday and until full time yes. After that draw, lose or draw it's back to trying to enjoy my holiday again. I used to get all worked up and down about it but Tbilisi was one kick in the stains too much for me. I promised myself after that I wouldn't let 11 wankers spoil my trips again

Im nowhere near the "no Scotland no party" stage... yet