March 2018 friendly rumour. - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

4 minutes ago, runningtings said:

I fancy Budapest, not been before.

They appear to be using a stadium which has a 22k capacity.

Trust me the football won't take centre stage in Budapest, unbelievable city.

Their pubs are like the hipster shitholes we have in the UK but actually good and cheap to drink in!

18 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Trust me the football won't take centre stage in Budapest, unbelievable city.

Their pubs are like the hipster shitholes we have in the UK but actually good and cheap to drink in!

The ruin pubs are brilliant. Even the city centre pubs are cheap, jack o Doyle's Just of Vaci Utca was £3 a pint last year and outside the centre it was £1.20 odds 

That's not to say they won't cash in when we arrive though 

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Booked up for Peru and Mexico already. 

Chi-Lima-Mex City-Chi. 515 dollars. :ok:

Jammy bastard - we're gonna sit down with our mates after the draw on Wednesday and work out what is possible with the amount of holidays we have left from work and how many days we'll likely need for all locations.

2 hours ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

Hungary, not very good but fun away trip and if they still use that huge stadium, real history there.

Sorry to break the news, but you've missed it, pal... I did too :(

I visited Budapest in the autumn of 2015 and again in the spring of 2016 and never pulled my finger out and visited the National Stadium on the first visit...

Did so on the 2nd visit, but the bulldozer's had just moved in.

Assuming we're playing in Budapest (and not Debrecen) I expect we'll play at the Ferencvaros stadium, which is fairly new.

A great city for groundhopping... Over those two trips I saw 4 club matches at Ferencvaros, Honved, Ujpest and Vasas (MTK - where Escape to Victory had been filmed - were rebuilding that old stadium, which must be finished by now).

They're all great grounds (especially Honved and Ujpest) but in Budapest, only Ferencvaros is up to hosting an international match these days.

The National Stadium is being rebuilt; not just demolished.

1 minute ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Thought so. That page is run by an habitual bullshitter. He knows absolutely nothing of what he talks about. That info may be right but it’s certainly not because he has info but because he puts rumours up that he says are confirmed. 

Edited by Ormond

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Thought so. That page is run by an habitual bullshitter. He knows absolutely nothing of what he talks about. That info may be right but it’s certainly not because he has info but because he puts rumours up that he says are confirmed. 

He should get a job for the press then. All last week we were meant to be playing Senegal