March 2018 friendly rumour. - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Australia are playing Colombia at Craven Cottage the next day, so IF it happens, imagine QPR would be a good shout, but nothing been confirmed anywhere yet.

Senegal is spoken as the "away" game in March and Costa Rica the "home" game.

Plus what happened to Argentina in Morocco in March.  Looks like i'll just have to lie on the beach instead

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Senegal is spoken as the "away" game in March and Costa Rica the "home" game.

I really cannot see us playing two back-to-back friendlies. Apart from Italy and France 2 years ago, which was in June (end of season), when was the last time we done that? 

2 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I really cannot see us playing two back-to-back friendlies. Apart from Italy and France 2 years ago, which was in June (end of season), when was the last time we done that? 

Czech Republic and Denmark in March 2016?.......

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

I would have thought most folk would have like to have paid their £50 by now & start saving for 2 friendlies. They'll be not much time for an early bird offer, then full price offer, then new members before March.

There won't be an early bird offer. They need as much cash as possible for the new managers release fee

2 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Costa Rica now!?

So we've been linked with games with Morocco, Peru already.

Still to come is Iran, Georgia and Faroe Islands to complete the great kick in the Scottish football history baws memorial games in 2018. 

And it will be played on the same night that England play Holland at Wembley

24 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There won't be an early bird offer. They need as much cash as possible for the new managers release fee

Someone was telling me the other day that they heard that the SFA/SSC are not taking very kindly to this rumor that people are sending around that there will be a increase in the membership prices to finance the new manager when asked about it.

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Someone was telling me the other day that they heard that the SFA/SSC are not taking very kindly to this rumor that people are sending around that there will be a increase in the membership prices to finance the new manager when asked about it.

I'd rather an increase in price to get a better manager than the usual reasons for the crazy price increases

43 minutes ago, wanderer said:

the best way to put a stop to them is to open the membership renewals

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Costa Rica fa confirmed game during the night.

Friday 23rd of March "in Scotland" (imagine it will be Easter Road)

It'll be Tynecastle I think. Easter road has had a few recently and that mob have their new stand now, so can see them getting a turn.

As long as it isn't Pittodrie then I'm happy 

54 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It'll be Tynecastle I think. Easter road has had a few recently and that mob have their new stand now, so can see them getting a turn.

As long as it isn't Pittodrie then I'm happy 

If I'm right I don't think we'd have played at Tynecastle since 2003ish?

I would prefer Edinburgh to Aberdeen for a game. Pittodrie usually sees a game every 2-3 years or so. Reckon that's them had their whack.

Intercontinental fixture I reckon they could justify Hampden under normal circumstances although obviously we can't be playing there at the minute.

Why the need to make an announcement about a forthcoming announcement?

They seem to enjoy making a big song and dance about nothing. Holding major events for strip launches and past qualifying draws etc. It's friendly games we're wanting to know about asap

Just tell us who we are playing as soon as the contracts been signed. Us, the fans which keep them afloat have a lot of organising to do in terms of getting our holidays from work then there's the travel

Why do they have to make a big deal about things which other nations just announce without any fuss

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Why the need to make an announcement about a forthcoming announcement?

They seem to enjoy making a big song and dance about nothing. Holding major events for strip launches and past qualifying draws etc. It's friendly games we're wanting to know about asap

Just tell us who we are playing as soon as the contracts been signed. Us, the fans which keep them afloat have a lot of organising to do in terms of getting our holidays from work then there's the travel

Why do they have to make a big deal about things which other nations just announce without any fuss

BIG news...

...Stewart Regan is going for a jobby, with the paper. He will report the outcome in 30 minutes time.

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

If I'm right I don't think we'd have played at Tynecastle since 2003ish?

I would prefer Edinburgh to Aberdeen for a game. Pittodrie usually sees a game every 2-3 years or so. Reckon that's them had their whack.

Intercontinental fixture I reckon they could justify Hampden under normal circumstances although obviously we can't be playing there at the minute.

New Zealand when we drew 1-1 under Berti.

If ever you needed proof that the SFA cater predominantly for the west coast fans then this confirms it. There'll be an announcement on the same day of the Edinburgh derby, meanwhile everyone else gets the opportunity to bag the cheap flights while us followers of the capitals club get shafted while we are supporting our clubs

Id bet that if it was the New Firm derby tomorrow then this announcement would be announced at a more convenient time, on saying that most of them support England and Ireland's two sides

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Away to Senegal on the Friday? 

The Costa Rican articles don't mention our other games, just that they are also playing Tunisia a few days later. Looked at a few different sources but none of them mention a location for our game yet.