March 2018 friendly rumour. - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

11 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You have to praise the SFA confidentiality if nothing else. The only things we ever hear are "reports coming out of (insert foreign country's capital) suggest that Scotland are lined up to face (insert foreign country) in a friendly"

We never hear about reports coming out of Hampden do we?

its beyond a joke

SFA have always played their cards close to their chest, thus to avoid folk going out and booking up before contracts are even signed..... SFA can not control what the opposition FA/Media say

20 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If people are stupid enough to book flights on the basis of a media report abroad then that's they're problem

It will shock you....... Hence the SFA's tactic of basically deny/keep quiet until ink is dry.

14 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

The SFA must know who, where & when we are playing by now in March.

Agent booking the match said venue would be announced in "coming days"....maybe SFA have asked them to hold fire so can announce it along with O'Neill (and possibly SSC renewal details)?

The only (public) slip up I think over the whole saga would be coming out so strongly to hire O'Neill - perhaps they thought it would be easier to walk over the Irish FA in terms of comp and negotiations. But regardless if it all comes out rosey in the end then you would have to commend them. MON as manager and 3-4 Friendly matches between now and the world cup isn't a bad return.

The frustration I have is that we are too quick to jump on the bandwagon slating SFA for their actions, although admittedly I don't agree with their constant non-football related marketing and gimmicky taglines to try and sell a few more moderately overpriced tickets.

Fans clearly care enough to publicly express opinions but would like to see more positivity where positivity is due.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If people are stupid enough to book flights on the basis of a media report abroad then that's they're problem

Fuck, Mad Rab has it on his page that the friendly rumours are all officially confirmed and the stupid sheep are lapping it up! :lol:

Edited by Ormond

8 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I would have thought most folk would have like to have paid their £50 by now & start saving for 2 friendlies. They'll be not much time for an early bird offer, then full price offer, then new members before March.

To be fair, we are only half way through January, and you have the whole of Feb and a good chunk of March to get through until next match.

If they do not announce anything next week, then that is really starting to the the p*ss a little.

Imagine we will, and there will be a early bird offer to renew before the middle of February. 

1 minute ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

Senegal in London?  I would go, don't think we have played them before.  Which ground do you all think would be best?

Senegal was sooooooo start of the week. Costa Rica is the new Senegal. Get with the times girlfriend. 

9 minutes ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

Senegal in London?  I would go, don't think we have played them before.  Which ground do you all think would be best?

Australia are playing Colombia at Craven Cottage the next day, so IF it happens, imagine QPR would be a good shout, but nothing been confirmed anywhere yet.

6 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Senegal was sooooooo start of the week. Costa Rica is the new Senegal. Get with the times girlfriend. 

Senegal is spoken as the "away" game in March and Costa Rica the "home" game.

Edited by wanderer