March 2018 friendly rumour. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

Wonder if anyone has heard that Scotland may play a friendly in New York in the March international break, Mexico or Rep of Ireland.  Still boakin after Ljubljana. But new year brings group draw for new fixtures and get mojo back. Be nice to know if the March game might happen. Return direct flights £270 down my way. Could be a once in a lifetime trip for many. 

Would take the NYC "rumours" with a pinch of salt, as I would imagine the SFA have not even thought that far ahead yet....... seems to be someone has noticed the international break is the week before the Tartan Week Festival in NYC starts.

Imagine we will start hearing something round about December time (stories of the Poland and Czech friendlies started to leak through roundabout the holiday times) and I think there is more chance of a home and away (in Europe) game than the team going to the States.

Edited by wanderer

23 minutes ago, wubbs said:

Hopefully we'll get an away game against Hungary or Romania as they're both in the same pot as us for Nations League.

You mean, so you can just hop a couple of hours over the border? Bugger aff, I want my US gemme. :lol:

More chance of Morocco in March I would say than the USA..... Regan was recently in Morocco and gave a interview where he talked about a SFA-FRMF partnership where the two could work together.

Morocco have a African Cup of Nations Qualifier in March, but could still use the other free date.

As I said previously though, I doubt we will go further than Europe, and I do not expect any news until the new year.

13 minutes ago, wanderer said:

More chance of Morocco in March I would say than the USA..... Regan was recently in Morocco and gave a interview where he talked about a SFA-FRMF partnership where the two could work together.

Morocco have a African Cup of Nations Qualifier in March, but could still use the other free date.

As I said previously though, I doubt we will go further than Europe, and I do not expect any news until the new year.

If that's the case then I'll be giving this one a miss

I got bitten by a spider/insect in Marrakech last year and I'm still suffering the effects to this day

Its a horrible place anyway and the people are the most obnoxious and horrible I've came across 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I got bitten by a spider/insect in Marrakech last year and I'm still suffering the effects to this day

Its a horrible place anyway and the people are the most obnoxious and horrible I've came across 

Worse than the piper jacket and feather brigade?

7 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Better hope nae Moroccans on TAMB, be more than spiders after you.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Pointless match.... why play Morocco?  Surely we should look to play European teams.

I think we’ll be seeing more friendlies with teams from outside Europe because of the Nations League. 

There won’t be that many friendly dates available now so the opportunity to play against the likes of Brazil, Argentina, USA, Australia etc. will be few and far between. 

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I think we’ll be seeing more friendlies with teams from outside Europe because of the Nations League. 

There won’t be that many friendly dates available now so the opportunity to play against the likes of Brazil, Argentina, USA, Australia etc. will be few and far between. 

Realistically we won’t be playing anything other than European teams in a competitive situation for five years... we should be playing against the same style in our friendly

I have my doubts about this one . The  Moroccn's are saying it's a warm up for their cup match against Malawi on the 22 March. We have a full league fixture on the 17 March so when   will have time to meet up , fly out  then play a game.