Betfred cup semi-finals - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Betfred cup semi-finals

On 24/10/2017 at 8:42 PM, sbcmfc said:

Just read the Rangers statement.

:lol:

I can almost taste Jim Traynors salty tears!

To agree with @Fairbairn to a point, they make some valid points about the inconsistencies in the system and the fact that players are punished more harshly when the ref has missed something (or in the case of simulation, called it wrong).

However they had nothing to say a fortnight ago, when the same inconsistencies allowed Pena to avoid any punishment for his performance at Douglas Park.

I also think on the same lines, Ryan Bowman can’t be punished more harshly because he broke Cardoso’s nose. That’s immaterial (although unfortunate for the player), these things happen in accidental collisions all the time.

I think we can all agree that the ref was utterly useless on the day. 

That and Alves not getting a red during the game was basically a stunning omission. 

Oh and Bowman was looking to do Cardoso, in my humble opinion and deserved a straight red. Seen it and done it myself, often enough to be able to tell. But that bit isn't what we'll agree on. 😀 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think we can all agree that the ref was utterly useless on the day. 

That and Alves not getting a red during the game was basically a stunning omission. 

Oh and Bowman was looking to do Cardoso, in my humble opinion and deserved a straight red. Seen it and done it myself, often enough to be able to tell. But that bit isn't what we'll agree on. 😀 

The consensus amongst the Motherwell support was that if we got a card happy ref like Willie Collum we’d be down to 10 men before the halftime pies were warm. That was more based on Rangers preceding games than ours as well as a paranoia based on years of bad experiences against the OF.

I was delighted with McLean, as he tends to be pretty lenient and was the best of a bad bunch in my eyes, obviously took the leniency to extremes on Sunday.

Based on your experience, was Cardoso trying to do Moult aswell? Having said that, if he was trying to hit Louis Moult in the nose and missed, he’s not a very good shot.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The consensus amongst the Motherwell support was that if we got a card happy ref like Willie Collum we’d be down to 10 men before the halftime pies were warm. That was more based on Rangers preceding games than ours as well as a paranoia based on years of bad experiences against the OF.

I was delighted with McLean, as he tends to be pretty lenient and was the best of a bad bunch in my eyes, obviously took the leniency to extremes on Sunday.

Based on your experience, was Cardoso trying to do Moult aswell? Having said that, if he was trying to hit Louis Moult in the nose and missed, he’s not a very good shot.

I'm not convinced about Cardoso on Moult. Although some of that is because I think Cardoso is as soft as Mr Whippy ice cream. 😀 

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Oh and Bowman was looking to do Cardoso, in my humble opinion and deserved a straight red. 

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm not convinced about Cardoso on Moult. 

And who said football fans were biased? ;) 

12 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I was delighted with McLean, 

I bet you were... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJwXn3jGPIJ3JcLpDhQYC

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And who said football fans were biased? ;) 

I bet you were... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJwXn3jGPIJ3JcLpDhQYC

Im doing my best to remove the blue tinted specs. 😀 

As I said above Ive not seen any skills in the dark arts from Cardoso so far, hence my doubts about the intent 

If it had been Alves then it would be completely different. He'd have meant it. 

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to Bowman, other than the “tackle” on Tierney last season, he’s not really been a dirty player. If he’d done that to a hamilton player nobody would even know it happened.

Ahhh, the "he's not that type of player" defence. ;) 

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ahhh, the "he's not that type of player" defence. ;) 

15 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Usually said right after a situation where there was clear evidence that he is in fact that type of player :lol:

fair point.

Robinson gave a decent defence in his press conference the other day. 4 yellow cards in 46 games for Motherwell, so he must have borrowed Scott Browns invisibility cloak for a fair few games.

:P