Betfred cup semi-finals - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Betfred cup semi-finals

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Brilliant stuff yesterday, couldn't believe Motherwell were 5s.

Weekend paid for.

I seen them at 7s and considered lumping on myself.  I know of at least 2 Rangers supporting mates who profited from backing Moult at 7/1!!

Bowman was lucky not to get at least a 2nd yellow. The only thing I can say in his favour was that he didn’t look first, so perhaps no malicious intent.

Who was the other Motherwell player that should’ve been sent off?

(I haven’t watched it back, so genuinely not sure..)

Thats 3 Rangers games in a row that have descended into a kicking match, so perhaps it’s them. They wanted a battle and Motherwell gave them one.

Although most other referees would have let us away with some of that.

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Bowman was lucky not to get at least a 2nd yellow. The only thing I can say in his favour was that he didn’t look first, so perhaps no malicious intent.

Who was the other Motherwell player that should’ve been sent off?

(I haven’t watched it back, so genuinely not sure..)

Thats 3 Rangers games in a row that have descended into a kicking match, so perhaps it’s them. They wanted a battle and Motherwell gave them one.

Although most other referees would have let us away with some of that.

There were a couple.  The one where Morelos could have been clean through.  If the ref had given that as a foul (it was) it could have been deemed last man and the boy would have walked.  I think that's why he didn't give the foul as he shat having to make the big call.  When you see the replay he was looking right at it so he's clearly bottled it.  There was another one in the first half where the Well boy came right through the back of the Rangers player.  I can't remember who either were but it was a pretty bad foul and with another Ref could easily have been a red (although admittedly would have been soft but I've seen them given).  I've not watched any highlights of the game again so these are just my perceptions as it happened.

Just watched it back while recovering on the couch and pretending to work from home :lol:

Piss poor in the first half but rode our luck. You can tell Kipre wasn't 100% John should have scored with his header and think windass fired one straight at Carson as well. 

Definetly got lucky with decisions but aye don't think there was any malice in any of them. (Don't think it would have been a red for Dunne if it was given as a foul) Saying that hoping the compliance officer is taking the week off. McLean was poor in general. Sending both managers to the stands without talking to them sums him up.

Second half we settled down and really came into it and again Rangers messed up some good chances and we took ours. What a finish from Moult for the second. Great vantage point in the east stand to watch that drop in.

Certainly can play better than that and hopefully compete against Celtic after their tough midweek in Paris before the final. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

My thoughts from yesterday

• A terrible, terrible refereeing performance.  Motherwell could easily have been down to 9 men before the incident with Alves (who should also have gone)
  • Josh Windass proved again that he's not good enough for this level.  He could and probably should have had a hat-trick yesterday before Motherwell took the lead
  • Carol Pena looks to be the biggest (top flight) dud we've signed in some time.  His recent goals have masked some really inept performances and he seems to have the touch and control of a broken fridge
  • At 44 minutes I didn't see any way that we were going to lose that game however fair play to Motherwell for taking it to us in the second half and they deserved the win.  We absolutely proved that we don't have the balls for a physical fight 
  • Pedro oot

I saw a tweet a few days ago which sums Pena up perfectly. It was something like "I'm never sure if he's going to fall over the ball or bang it into the top corner".

The Morelos one did look like he tackled him waist high as he was going through on goal, as you say, perhaps a bottle job, so doing nothing was the easy way out for ref. Although there were plenty bodies around and he was still 35 yards out, so probably not a clear goal scoring opportunity...

Pedro throwing shite all over the place hoping none of it will stick to him he blames the players is that not down to him he picked them, the man's a nutcase he was running up n down the touchline yesterday going off his nut at everybody and everything and that was at 0-0 it was hilarious hope rangers keep him I laugh every time I see him 

22 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Bruno offered a two game ban and a belter of a statement from them about it. 

Robinson might miss the final as well over one argument with Pedro. 

SFA are a shambles. 

Alves should be suspended, it's the right decision, however the compliance officer/SFA's lack of consistency is utterly staggering. Off the top of my head, Stockley elbow on Tierney, Browns kick on the accies player, Pena elbowing Doherty all escaped punishment, yet they suspend Alves? They are incompetent beyond repair.

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I tend to cringe when I read statements that come out of Ibrox these days but there's not a lot on that one I can disagree with.

100%.

As much as I want Motherwell's best team on the park again Celtic, they cant seriously expect to get away with that.

Edited by Stu101

22 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

100%.

As much as I want Motherwell's best team on the park against Celtic, they cant seriously expect to get away with that.

Get away with what though?

Louis Moult was booked at the time, so dealt with.

I don’t think Bowmans was a straight red, so not really one for the compliance officer. Yes, it probably did warrant a 2nd yellow, but they don’t look at yellow card offences other than simulation (to the best of my knowledge?). Bowman falls into the Pena at Hamilton category, he could’ve been sent off 3 times in that game, but as far as I understand it, the compliance officer is pretty powerless as the ref either saw it and dealt with it or it was only a yellow card offence...

Just read the Rangers statement.

:lol:

I can almost taste Jim Traynors salty tears!

To agree with @Fairbairn to a point, they make some valid points about the inconsistencies in the system and the fact that players are punished more harshly when the ref has missed something (or in the case of simulation, called it wrong).

However they had nothing to say a fortnight ago, when the same inconsistencies allowed Pena to avoid any punishment for his performance at Douglas Park.

I also think on the same lines, Ryan Bowman can’t be punished more harshly because he broke Cardoso’s nose. That’s immaterial (although unfortunate for the player), these things happen in accidental collisions all the time.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I also think on the same lines, Ryan Bowman can’t be punished more harshly because he broke Cardoso’s nose. That’s immaterial (although unfortunate for the player), these things happen in accidental collisions all the time.

It can under the rules. One of the determinations under the Disciplinary Rules is to take into consideration 'the Party’s actions on the victim of the breach, including any injury caused.'

Obviously he hasn't been charged, but in any event, he should have walked for a least two yellows (in the same way Morelos should have got a yellow for using his elbow too)

Motherwell got lucky in that respect a lot on the day. Still not sure how Dunn got away with taking Morelos down at knee height when he pretty much the last man.... but anyway really hope you get into Celtic in the same physical way in the final. That why I'm happy that Bowman (and his elbows) arent going to get a ban :ok:

Ticket details for the final:

Motherwell fans will occupy the following sections:
• South Stand Lower Section O £40
• South Stand Lower Section P £35
• West Stand Sections A & B1-5 £30 Adult / £15 for Under 16s & Over 65s

• South Stand Wheelchair £15 Adult / £5 for Under 16s & Over 65s
• West Stand Wheelchair £10 Adult / £5 for Under 16s & Over 65s

Celtic fans will occupy the following sections:
• South Stand Lower Section J £40
• South Stand Lower Section I £35
• South Stand Upper Section H £35
• North Stand £35 Adult / £20 for Under 16s & Over 65s
• East Stand £30 Adult / £15 for Under 16s & Over 65s
• West Stand Sections B6-8 £30 Adult / £15 for Under 16s & Over 65s

• North Stand Wheelchair £20 Adult / £5 for Under 16s & Over 65s
• South Stand Wheelchair £15 Adult / £5 for Under 16s & Over 65s
• East Stand Wheelchair £10 Adult / £5 for Under 16s & Over 65s

Edited by theweestevie

21 minutes ago, Ormond said:

How many tickets have Motherwell asked for?

Think we have about 12-15000.

Half the south stand although the upper isn’t in the initial allocation and round to B5 behind the goal in the west.

Only real niggle for Motherwell fans is that the only kids/concession tickets are in the west (where as Celtic have this option in the North), so if you’re taking kids, you’re stuck behind the goal unless you want to pay £35 a head.

(I’m guessing we didn’t ask to keep the same end, we’ve upset enough people this week!)

Edited by sbcmfc

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Think we have about 12-15000.

Half the south stand although the upper isn’t in the initial allocation and round to B5 behind the goal in the west.

Only real niggle for Motherwell fans is that the only kids/concession tickets are in the west (where as Celtic have this option in the North), so if you’re taking kids, you’re stuck behind the goal unless you want to pay £35 a head.

(I’m guessing we didn’t ask to keep the same end, we’ve upset enough people this week!)

Yes but you are forgetting that when you play one of the big Glasgow two, your job is to be seen and not heard. Accept what you have been given and keep schtum. 

On 23/10/2017 at 7:14 PM, jcs said:

Pedro throwing shite all over the place hoping none of it will stick to him he blames the players is that not down to him he picked them, the man's a nutcase he was running up n down the touchline yesterday going off his nut at everybody and everything and that was at 0-0 it was hilarious hope rangers keep him I laugh every time I see him 

Poor Pedro.  It’s not his fault he’s a prize chump.  

13 hours ago, Ormond said:

Yes but you are forgetting that when you play one of the big Glasgow two, your job is to be seen and not heard. Accept what you have been given and keep schtum. 

Yes, shut yer pus and travel all the way around the stadium please.  Please don’t disturb the Champions on your way past.