Betfred cup semi-finals - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Betfred cup semi-finals

The keeper could have done a lot better, I'll give him a break as it's only the first bad game he's had for us so far. The Fibs.net heirarcy want him punted already furfuxake

Sir David Gray just isn't good enough to play every week at this level. Steven Whittaker offered more in his first 5 minutes just by simply getting a couple of crosses into the box than SDG offered in the whole first half 

Lewis Stevenson was rank rotten today 

Paul Hanson was solid

Efe Ambrose ^^^^

Dylan McGeouch sounds daft but as much as he played well and didn't do much wrong he didn't do enough in the first half. Good player but his goal return is woeful. 

Marvin Bartley gave Lustig the fright of his life. He might get away with acting the big against wee four-fit-nuhin dweebs like Neymar but he shat his sanitary pad from big bad marv 

Vykintas Skivka should be playing in the middle

Barker was excellent going forward and looked dangerous

Was John McGinn playing today? If the fans didn't have a song for him he'd be getting slated, cheaply gives the ball away more than anyone else most weeks

Stokes could do with being dropped. He's been excellent this season but the last maybe 3 games he's been hopeless 

Boyle, Whittaker and Shaw were all excellent when they came on.

Neil Lennon has to do better with his starting XI on Tuesday

I'd give Whittaker M.O.M for making the difference 

Hibs fans were poor, not talking about the numbers. I'm not a dot-counting bawbag so couldn't care less, I got a ticket that's all that matters.

Any "Hibs" fan who applauded or sang appreciation towards Leigh Griffiths should hang their scarf up pronto. He's playing against us furfuxake. The worst of it is when Oli Shaw came on all he got was a wee ripple of applause 

8 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The keeper could have done a lot better, I'll give him a break as it's only the first bad game he's had for us so far. The Fibs.net heirarcy want him punted already furfuxake

Sir David Gray just isn't good enough to play every week at this level. Steven Whittaker offered more in his first 5 minutes just by simply getting a couple of crosses into the box than SDG offered in the whole first half 

Lewis Stevenson was rank rotten today 

Paul Hanson was solid

Efe Ambrose ^^^^

Dylan McGeouch sounds daft but as much as he played well and didn't do much wrong he didn't do enough in the first half. Good player but his goal return is woeful. 

Marvin Bartley gave Lustig the fright of his life. He might get away with acting the big against wee four-fit-nuhin dweebs like Neymar but he shat his sanitary pad from big bad marv 

Vykintas Skivka should be playing in the middle

Barker was excellent going forward and looked dangerous

Was John McGinn playing today? If the fans didn't have a song for him he'd be getting slated, cheaply gives the ball away more than anyone else most weeks

Stokes could do with being dropped. He's been excellent this season but the last maybe 3 games he's been hopeless 

Boyle, Whittaker and Shaw were all excellent when they came on.

Neil Lennon has to do better with his starting XI on Tuesday

I'd give Whittaker M.O.M for making the difference 

Hibs fans were poor, not talking about the numbers. I'm not a dot-counting bawbag so couldn't care less, I got a ticket that's all that matters.

Any "Hibs" fan who applauded or sang appreciation towards Leigh Griffiths should hang their scarf up pronto. He's playing against us furfuxake. The worst of it is when Oli Shaw came on all he got was a wee ripple of applause 

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

What a doughnut, I've posted this on the wrong forum

That was mince. Should have had the game won in the first half and completely collapsed in the second half after Well scored. 

You get what you deserve some days and bugger all is what we deserved after that second half performance. 

Congratulations to Motherwell, deserved their win over the game. Made much more of their chances than we did. Windass is a weak link for us, needs to do better with those chances. Great finish by Moult for the second.

Might have blue tinted specs on but the ref looked completely out of his depth. Some of the decisions were baffling. Not spotting the 2 head injuries is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

Congratulations to Motherwell, deserved their win over the game. Made much more of their chances than we did. Windass is a weak link for us, needs to do better with those chances. Great finish by Moult for the second.

Might have blue tinted specs on but the ref looked completely out of his depth. Some of the decisions were baffling. Not spotting the 2 head injuries is unacceptable.

The ref was equally bad for both teams I would have said, Alves should have been off, Moult could easily have been for the same incident and the guy wo shoved someone should have probalby gone too. How Alves didnt get any card at all at that point is beyond me. He then did the exact same thing jumping onto moult and got away with it again :lol: was shocking. Not stopping for the head Injuries is just ridiculous and dangerous for those concerned, if they had been serious injuries, it could have been a lot worse.

30 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Looking at the bigger picture it's probably a good thing Hibs got beat yesterday. I couldn't handle the next month of hearing about the family final pish

"Family Final" and "very much so" are the two most cringeworthy phrases in Scottish football

Of course it is.

I can taste your tears from here.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Even for Steven McLean, that was new levels of atrociousness today, he should never ref at the top level again.

Completely. Although always good for a card bet.

Congratulations to Motherwell. We didn't take our chances, they did. Ugly game. After Cardoso was smashed, I cant remember us having a shot on target.

That lad Fraser 89 or whatever must be totally shocked. He couldn't see any way Rangers would lose today at the start of this thread. Came across as a dismissive ##### so pleased his team got beat.

5 words for him moving forward - Professional Sport, Anything Can Happen

My thoughts from yesterday

• A terrible, terrible refereeing performance.  Motherwell could easily have been down to 9 men before the incident with Alves (who should also have gone)
  • Josh Windass proved again that he's not good enough for this level.  He could and probably should have had a hat-trick yesterday before Motherwell took the lead
  • Carol Pena looks to be the biggest (top flight) dud we've signed in some time.  His recent goals have masked some really inept performances and he seems to have the touch and control of a broken fridge
  • At 44 minutes I didn't see any way that we were going to lose that game however fair play to Motherwell for taking it to us in the second half and they deserved the win.  We absolutely proved that we don't have the balls for a physical fight 
  • Pedro oot