Betfred cup semi-finals - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Betfred cup semi-finals

3 hours ago, theweestevie said:

We already had almost half of the East Stand (F1-F5) before the increased allocation so I'd imagine we now have almost all of it, if not all.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-semi-final-ticket-prices/

Motherwell have the sections of the eastnearest the south stand,

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Disappointing turn out from Well fans, thats not a dig at the Well support but it would have been good to see a more balanced crowd. This will be like a home match for the huns

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Read earlier Hibs had sold 11k and Motherwell 9k.

That’s what I’ve read too.

Don’t think you can scrape up much more support for Motherwell, it’s over double our average attendance (including away fans).

Only thing that would get you a ‘well support greater than 10k is probably a final not against either of the old firm.

47 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Disappointing turn out from Well fans, thats not a dig at the Well support but it would have been good to see a more balanced crowd. This will be like a home match for the huns

The crowd at both games is going to be significantly weighted towards the Glasgow teams if Hibs have only sold around 11k.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Read earlier Hibs had sold 11k and Motherwell 9k.

Have Hibs fans become too used to Hampden Semi-Finals/Finals and it now no longer holds the same appeal? That's much lower (maybe even half) what i'd have thought they'd sell. 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell have the sections of the eastnearest the south stand,

That’s what I’ve read too.

Don’t think you can scrape up much more support for Motherwell, it’s over double our average attendance (including away fans).

Only thing that would get you a ‘well support greater than 10k is probably a final not against either of the old firm.

Aye you are the same as us.

We had 12k I think in 2012 against Celtic but had 16-17k a the Semi vs Ayr!

Against Hibs in 2007 we sold out our 18k and 1997 was something like 23-24k.

Playing Celtic or Rangers certainly keeps the numbers down.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye you are the same as us.

Against Hibs in 2007 we sold out our 18k and 1997 was something like 23-24k.

Playing Celtic or Rangers certainly keeps the numbers down.

Course it does. Who wants to take their kids for a day out to witness bigotry ?

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

The BT Sport add for these games is pretty offensive!  I can't post pictures, but it goes something along the lines of:

Hibs v

Celtic

Rangers v

Motherwell

Hope it’s a Hibs v Motherwell Final.

Edited by sbcmfc

On 10/18/2017 at 10:40 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

Can't beat a bit of crowd juanking on a message board 

That’s usually a Dons thing on here. More often than not glossing over their own woeful crowd given the size of Aberdeen.

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

That’s usually a Dons thing on here. More often than not glossing over their own woeful crowd given the size of Aberdeen.

Are you stuck on repeat? 

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

I still think that must be some kind of record, taking 50% more fans to the semi than the corresponding final!

54 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It was last year anyway. Betfred cough up more spondoolies

Surely the season ticket sales on the back of a Scottish cup final and European qualification outweighs that

anyhoo some very decent prices available for those who fancy the Hibernians tomorrow. Hopefully we just go for it and ignore the fear of getting pumped as I doubt we're capable of not conceding, not very confident but would be delighted to be proved wrong

5 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Surely the season ticket sales on the back of a Scottish cup final and European qualification outweighs that

anyhoo some very decent prices available for those who fancy the Hibernians tomorrow. Hopefully we just go for it and ignore the fear of getting pumped as I doubt we're capable of not conceding, not very confident but would be delighted to be proved wrong

Betfred pump more money into the prize pot for the wee cup than laddies do the big cup. Simple as that